Evolution Applied

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#61 Guest_Eocene_*

Guest_Eocene_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2010 - 11:15 PM

Huh???  What does science have to do with accountability and morality???

Wow :)

How funny! Given enough time in any thread they'll usually hang themselves, but never expected this.

Let's see now what is that flavourite chant we are always told defines SCIENCE ??? :blink:

Ah yes, "Science is an ever evolving, self correcting, self Policing mechanism" = That's about as close as you'll ever get them to use the words "accountability & morality" , but apparently even this has been brushed aside. :)

Are we ever going to get an application of creation by the way????

View Post

You know, I asked you a question before and you've yet to answer it. Being a theistic evolutionist, do you believe in the Flood of Noah's day ???????? :huh:

If you can explain and define my username and what it properly represents and what basic living conditions around the globe were at this time according to science, then I'll share with you some created scientific applications which are huge. But you have to dump any reference to evolution or for that matter creation and just explain what science has found with regards that epoch. ;)

#62 Guest_tharock220_*

Guest_tharock220_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2010 - 08:48 AM

Wow :)

How funny!  Given enough time in any thread they'll usually hang themselves, but never expected this.

Let's see now what is that flavourite chant we are always told defines SCIENCE ???  :blink:

Ah yes, "Science is an ever evolving, self correcting, self Policing mechanism" = That's about as close as you'll ever get them to use the words "accountability & morality" , but apparently even this has been brushed aside.   :)

View Post

I'm officially confused.

You know, I asked you a question before and you've yet to answer it. Being a theistic evolutionist, do you believe in the Flood of Noah's day ????????  :huh:

View Post

No, I don't believe in any stories about the deluge. I think it might be grounded in reality, but I don't see how the entire world could have ever been covered by water.

If you can explain and define my username and what it properly represents and what basic living conditions around the globe were at this time according to science, then I'll share with you some created scientific applications which are huge. But you have to dump any reference to evolution or for that matter creation and just explain what science has found with regards that epoch.  ;)

View Post

The first permanent ice sheet in Antarctica???

I didn't ask anyone to explain anything, BTW. All I have asked for is an application for creation. You know, my country is full of Christians, and most of the people who wield power are Christians. Demonstrating an application of creation would probably go a long way in getting it accepted as science.

#63 AFJ

AFJ

AFJ

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts
  • Interests:Bible, molecular biology, chemistry, mineralogy, geology, eschatology, history, family
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Baton Rouge, LA

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:44 AM

Are you talking about Louis Pasteur still or Blaise Pascal??  The polio vaccine was developed in the 50's long after both men had died.

View Post

My error was that I said Pasteur cultured the polio vaccine. It was the rabies vaccine. But my point remains valid to your challenge of "What has creationism done for the world?" To which I responded:

AFJ
People make discoveries, not science.  Science is the record of those discoveries and theories.

But Pasteur was a contemporary of Darwin, and was opposed to abiogenesis (spontaneous generation)--yet he contributed more to medical science than anything Darwin did!

Louis Pasteur’s Views on Creation, Evolution, and the Genesis of Germs

Experiments of Pasteur and Biogenesis

In 1861, Pasteur published a refutation of spontaneous generation that was a masterpiece of experimental science and logic. First, he demonstrated that air is alive with microorganisms. This was done by filtering air through a cotton plug, trapping microorganisms and examining them under a microscope. Many of these trapped organisms looked identical to those that had previously been observed by others in many infusions. Infusions are liquids containing nutrients in which microorganisms can proliferate. Pasteur showed that if the cotton plug was then dropped into a sterilized infusion, it became cloudy because the organisms quickly multiplied. Most notably, Pasteur’s experiment demonstrated that sterile infusions would remain sterile in specially constructed swan-necked flasks even when they were left open to the air. Gravity caused the airborne organisms to settle in the bends and sides of these unique flasks. The fluid in the flask remained sterile. Only when the flasks were tipped could bacteria enter the broth and grow, as evidenced by forming a cloudy solution. These simple and elegant experiments finally ended the arguments that unheated air or the infusions themselves contained a “vital force” necessary for spontaneous generation.

Biogenesis

The theory of biogenesis states that life can only come from other life. This idea mirrors the principles of Genesis 1: life begets life and like begets like. Yet evolutionists imagine that at one time several billion years ago, life did spontaneously appear. For example, German organic chemist Dr. Günther Wächtershäuser and his colleague Dr. Claudia Huber of the Munich Technical University have suggested that the first polypeptide chains necessary for life formed at the bottom of a primal ocean, in the heated environment of undersea volcanoes. But science continues to show a total lack of evidence that would suggest any living cell (even the smallest) could originate spontaneously through time and chance. Recently the evolutionist Franklin Harold (2001, p. 218) said, “The crux of the matter is that living organisms cannot be rationally and systematically deduced from the principles that generally do account for the properties of inanimate matter.” It has always been known that Louis Pasteur opposed the doctrine of spontaneous generation, and he presented compelling empirical evidence against it. He believed that the idea of spontaneous generation did not fit with the view of God as the Creator of life.

"This is why the problem of spontaneous generation is all absorbing, and all-important. It is the very problem of life and of its origin. To bring about spontaneous generation would be to create a germ. It would be creating life; it would be to solve the problem of its origin. It would mean to go from matter to life through conditions of environment and of matter. God as Author of life would then no longer be needed. Matter would replace Him. God would need to be invoked only as Author of the motions of the universe." (Dubos 1950, pp. 395–396)

#64 Guest_Eocene_*

Guest_Eocene_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2010 - 11:24 AM

I'm officially confused.

Unfortunately I'm inclined to agee with you, this is incredibly obvious as most mordern day scientific discovery sadly lacks any accountability or morality. Let's go ahead and move on since playing dumb simply becomes tiring. :rolleyes:

No, I don't believe in any stories about the deluge.  I think it might be grounded in reality, but I don't see how the entire world could have ever been covered by water.

Well at least your consistant. So I'm assuming you don't believe anything from the Biblical record even though you claim to be a believer ?????????? :unsure:

What a pity you don't believe in the Global Flood account of Genesis since the environment prior to that global event has massive capacity for learning and applications in the realm of physics, chemistry, energy creation, agricultural, reforestion projects, etc, etc, etc.

Well if you refuse to even look up and GOOGLE the Eocene Epoch, (which incredibly is only a terminology coined by scientists, not anybody believing in creation) , then I'm not going to hand you the information for free only for you to spit on anyway. This period of Earth's history (minus all the dating garbage one way or another) is the closest description of the 6th creative period recorded in the Bible followed by a catastrophic extinction period that changed everything permanently.

Maybe someone else is interested, so it's open to anyone. ;)

I didn't ask anyone to explain anything, BTW.  All I have asked for is an application for creation.  You know, my country is full of Christians, and most of the people who wield power are Christians.  Demonstrating an application of creation would probably go a long way in getting it accepted as science.

View Post

To be honest, in many ways your question doesn't really make sense. The biggest way it doesn't make sense is that in any scientific endeavor or undertaking by an inventor, the application of intelligence is without fail always employed. The only way you could use evolutionary applications to invent or build something is to take all the raw materials you purchased from the local Home Improvement Store , put them in your garage and observe whether or not they assemble themselves. I tell you what, go to an IKEA store and purchase a kit to build something complete with instructions. No need for tools because every kit comes with their own, then sit back and watch evolutionary applications at work. This will take extreme patience however, only because with evolutionary applications there is never any purpose or intent, but with time anything can happen. That's why it takes billions of years for results.

I've also already described what the intelligent Engineering Algorithm genes (That YOU insisted were evolution) really are and the redundancy mechanisms for error correction applications in the creation of something with purpose and intent. You said it was evolution, but if YOU believe in God, then it wasn't evolution after all, it was something created by an intelligence and replication by human intelligence for the purpose of creating something. So if you are insisting on an example of creation applications, then there's one creation application right there. [color=red]YOURS !!! :rolleyes:

Seriously answer me this since you say you believe in God, Did God create Mathematical Engineering Algorithms along with the amazing Redundancy Error Correction Mechanisms found in genetics ???????? If you believe he did, then it's simply rediculous for you to be the one for creating this thread as opposed to say, someone like Mr.BladeRunner B)

#65 Guest_Eocene_*

Guest_Eocene_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:34 PM

But Pasteur was a contemporary of Darwin, and was opposed to abiogenesis (spontaneous generation)--yet he contributed more to medical science than anything Darwin did!

View Post

Well indirectly Darwin did contribute to the Medical world long after his death to the wonderful scientific discovery of Eugeneics and all it's other various insideous forms, but we'll be kind and not mention those. :rolleyes:

#66 Yorzhik

Yorzhik

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Christian
  • Michigan

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:52 PM

The only way you could use evolutionary applications to invent or build something is to take all the raw materials you purchased from the local Home Improvement Store , put them in your garage and observe whether or not they assemble themselves.

View Post

What? Are you stupid? One has to overcome the SECOND LAW!

Those raw materials need to be set where the sun can shine on them.

#67 Guest_tharock220_*

Guest_tharock220_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2010 - 04:34 PM

Unfortunately I'm inclined to agee with you, this is incredibly obvious as most mordern day scientific discovery sadly lacks any accountability or morality. Let's go ahead and move on since playing dumb simply becomes tiring.  :rolleyes:

View Post

Perhaps you could go into detail about what you mean instead of being purposefully vague. I actually have an idea about what you mean, but I don't want to go putting words in anybody's mouth.

Well at least your consistant. So I'm assuming you don't believe anything from the Biblical record even though you claim to be a believer ??????????

What a pity you don't believe in the Global Flood account of Genesis since the environment prior to that global event has massive capacity for learning and applications in the realm of physics, chemistry, energy creation, agricultural, reforestion projects, etc, etc, etc.

View Post

It's pretty arrogant for you to assume I'm Christian don't you think??? As I said before, the site doesn't really give me the options to really elucidate my feelings, and how could it?? You can't have every member using that little bit of space to explain their beliefs.

You would just describe the applications.

To be honest, in many ways your question doesn't really make sense. The biggest way it doesn't make sense is that in any scientific endeavor or undertaking by an inventor, the application of intelligence is without fail always employed. The only way you could use evolutionary applications to invent or build something is to take all the raw materials you purchased from the local Home Improvement Store , put them in your garage and observe whether or not they assemble themselves. I tell you what, go to an IKEA store and purchase a kit to build something complete with instructions. No need for tools because every kit comes with their own, then sit back and watch evolutionary applications at work. This will take extreme patience however, only because with evolutionary applications there is never any purpose or intent, but with time anything can happen. That's why it takes billions of years for results.

View Post

Nicely put, but since raw building materials don't reproduce and aren't subject to natural selection it wouldn't really make a whole lot of sense.

I've also already described what the intelligent Engineering Algorithm genes (That YOU insisted were evolution) really are and the redundancy mechanisms for error correction applications in the creation of something with purpose and intent. You said it was evolution, but if YOU believe in God, then it wasn't evolution after all, it was something created by an intelligence and replication by human intelligence for the purpose of creating something. So if you are insisting on an example of creation applications, then there's one creation application right there. [color=red]YOURS !!! :rolleyes:

View Post

I'm just not going to play this game. You want to discuss the merits of evolution there are plenty of threads about that, if you want to purposefully misrepresent evolution to refute it go do it there.

Seriously answer me this since you say you believe in God, Did God create Mathematical Engineering Algorithms along with the amazing Redundancy Error Correction Mechanisms found in genetics ???????? If you believe he did, then it's simply rediculous for you to be the one for creating this thread as opposed to say, someone like Mr.BladeRunner  :unsure:

View Post

Here you go with the assumptions again. Ron did the same thing. A belief in God does not imply a belief in creation of all existence.

You could try understand thermodynamics, but this thread isn't for that.

This thread is for creationists demonstrating an application of creation. Try making up one. We've been at this for four pages. Go to the old Earth board and check out Martemius' thread on evidence for a young earth. His question was never answered either

BTW, it's odd that you brought up AIDS earlier Eocene because evolution can be applied there as well. When anti-retrovirals were first used they were used by themselves. For example, AZT was used until it wasn't effective then apricitabine was used. Then a pharmacologist got the idea that the variation required to select against a cocktail of antivirals likely wouldn't exist. Once again, evolution applied makes people live longer.

#68 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:05 PM

BTW, it's odd that you brought up AIDS earlier Eocene because evolution can be applied there as well. When anti-retrovirals were first used they were used by themselves. For example, AZT was used until it wasn't effective then apricitabine was used. Then a pharmacologist got the idea that the variation required to select against a cocktail of antivirals likely wouldn't exist. Once again, evolution applied makes people live longer.

It can? By what mechanism? You did'nt know why attenuated vaccines adapted either - you just inserted the term evolution in your gap in knowledge. With that kind of science we could claim the moon is made of cheese and call it a fact until someone proves it's wrong.

Your application of evolution is likely proof against it. If adaptation is the result of protein replacement, then you have done nothing but find an engineers designed redundancy.

Enjoy.

#69 Guest_tharock220_*

Guest_tharock220_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:08 PM

It can? By what mechanism? You did'nt know why attenuated vaccines adapted either - you just inserted the term evolution in your gap in knowledge. With that kind of science we could claim the moon is made of cheese and call it a fact until someone proves it's wrong.

Your application of evolution is likely proof against it. If adaptation is the result of protein replacement, then you have done nothing but find an engineers designed redundancy.
Enjoy.

View Post

I explained the reasoning. If you're only complain is that I don't know the specific mutations I'd say you don't have much at all.

Any application for creation???

#70 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 24 April 2010 - 07:40 PM

If you're only complain is that I don't know the specific mutations I'd say you don't have much at all.

Without researching the topic you claim supports your view, then you don't either.

Any application for creation???

Lets see?

Law of Biogenesis.
Law of Heredity.
Taxonomy.
Mechanisms within the cell that repair DNA.

And now you want us to produce another list for you to ignore? :rolleyes:

#71 bobabelever

bobabelever

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Christian
  • Arizona

Posted 24 April 2010 - 07:54 PM

tharock220, you either can not read or you have a bunch of people on your ignore list!

#72 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,000 posts
  • Interests:Completed BBiotech (Honours)

Currently studying Masters of Teaching.

Enjoys games of tactics and strategy.
  • (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:56 PM

Not 100% sure if this will be useful but....

Variation is micro-evolution), it isn't macro-evolution,(which is the evolution of the species). Micro-evolution accounts for the diference within individuals and different breeds of an organism. However at the end of the day, a dog is still a dog...

For something to evolve into another there must be an influx of NEW GENETIC DATA.. To account for the changes. No amount of twisting and turning the DNA will create such significant changes, as can be seen with some species.

Otherwise, it could be said that the first forms of life, (bacteria), already had all the genetic information it needed to become a human, it just needed some tweaks...lol.. Or that fish, have the genes to create legs.. We know this isn't true.

On that note, I am curious as to how RNA from bacteria, "mutate" into the DNA we see in multi-cellular life?

Uses of Creationism.... Hmm how about Religion, that gives people a sense of purpose and a code of conduct to live by.

#73 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,000 posts
  • Interests:Completed BBiotech (Honours)

Currently studying Masters of Teaching.

Enjoys games of tactics and strategy.
  • (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:11 PM

Copied and pasted from the interwebz..lol

With numbers added for ease of reading :rolleyes:

Biblical Science -vs- Man's Science
Amazing how mankind takes the credit for discoveries in Science that have been penned by God thousands of years ago!
(Compiled by Dr. Henry M. Morris, Defender’s Bible)
Science Phenomenon or Process Scripture

Hydrology
1.Hydrologic Cycle
2.Evaporation
3.Condensation Nuclei
4.Condensation
5.Precipitation
6.Run-off
7.Oceanic Reservoir
8.Snow
9.Hydrologic Balance
10.Springs in the Sea

1.Ecclesiastes 1:7; Isaiah 55:10
2.Psalms 135:7; Jeremiah 10:13
3.Proverbs 8:26
4.Job 26:8; 37:11, 16
5.Job 36:26-28
6.Job 28:10
7.Psalms 33:7
8.Job 38:22; Psalms 147:16
9.Job 28:24-26
10.Job 38:16

Geology
1.Principle of Isostasy
2.Shape of Earth
3.Rotation of Earth
4.Gravitation
5.Rock Erosion
6.Glacial Period
7.Uniformitarianism
8.Dinosaurs

1.Isaiah 40:12; Psalm 104:5-9
2.Isaiah 40:22; Job 26:10; Psalm 103:12
3.Job 38:12,14
4.Job 26:7; 38:6
5.Job 14:18,19
6.Job 38:29,30
7.II Peter 3:4
8.Job 40,41

Astronomy
1.Size of Universe
2.Number of Stars
3.Uniqueness of Each Star
4.Precision of Orbits

1.Job 11:7-9; 22:12; Isaiah 55:9;Jeremiah 31:37
2.Genesis 22:17; Jeremiah 33:22
3.I Corinthians 15:41
4.Jeremiah 31:35,36

Meteorology
1.Circulation of Atmosphere
2.Protective Effect of Atmosphere
3.Oceanic Origin of Rain
4.Relation of Electricity to Rain
5.Fluid Dynamics

1.Ecclesiastes 1:6
2.Isaiah 40:22
3.Ecclesiastes 1:7
4.Job 28:26; Jeremiah 10:13
5.Job 28:25

Biology
1.Blood Circulation
2.Psychotherapy
3.Biogenesis and Stability
4.Uniqueness of Man
5.Chemical Nature of Flesh
6.Cave-men

1.Leviticus 17:11
2.Proverbs 16:24; 17:22
3.Genesis 1:11,21,25
4.Genesis 1:26
5.Genesis 1:11,24-2:7;3:19
6.Job 12:23-25; 30:3-8

Physics
1.Mass-Energy Equivalence
2.Source of Energy for Earth
3.Atomic Disintegration
4.Electrical Transmission of Information5.
5.Television
6.Rapid Transportation

1.Colossians 1:17; Hebrews 1:3
2.Psalms 19:6
3.II Peter 3:10
4.Job 38:35
5.Revelation 11:9-11
6.Daniel 12:4

Probably overkill with the information, but hey it is better than coming up short :rolleyes:

#74 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:22 AM

View Post

Um, let's cool it from referring to people as being stupid.

We try to re-frame from calling people names not only because it's wrong, but it sets a bad example of Christ unto the ones we minister to.

#75 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:24 AM

I see that this thread is starting to go the wrong way. Let's cool our jets and continue or I will close the thread.

#76 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 25 April 2010 - 08:22 AM

Not 100% sure if this will be useful but....

Variation is micro-evolution), it isn't macro-evolution,(which is the evolution of the species). Micro-evolution accounts for the diference within individuals and different breeds of an organism. However at the end of the day, a dog is still a dog...

View Post

I would agree with you to an extent gilbo, but the evolu-theists will fight you tooth and nail (no pun intended).

Micro-evolution isn't Macro-evolution, micro-evolution is just a cheap rip-off of the word adaptation. The evolu-theists attempt to posit micro-evolution = macro-evolution multiplied by (unobservable) millions (or billions) of years. And, in such, have created a religion of their own (but will never admit that either).

Some of the evolu-theists also attempt to twist the Bible to meet their evolutionary needs. But the bottom line is this; the evolu-theists will attempt to posit any hypothesis in an attempt to forward the evolu-theistic agenda.

#77 Yorzhik

Yorzhik

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Christian
  • Michigan

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:46 AM

Um, let's cool it from referring to people as being stupid.

We try to re-frame from calling people names not only because it's wrong, but it sets a bad example of Christ unto the ones we minister to.

View Post

Uh... OK. I thought it was clear I was joking.

#78 Guest_tharock220_*

Guest_tharock220_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:09 AM

Lets see?

Law of Biogenesis.
Law of Heredity.
Taxonomy.
Mechanisms within the cell that repair DNA.

And now you want us to produce another list for you to ignore? ;)

View Post

Now please explain how these are application. How have they made the world better??? I described specific instances where evolution is applied.

Uh... OK. I thought it was clear I was joking.

I thought it was pretty clear you weren't actually calling anybody stupid.

5.Fluid Dynamics
5.Job 28:25

This seems odd. There was no calculus in biblical times, but flow is largely modeled using a PDE.

#79 Guest_Eocene_*

Guest_Eocene_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:09 PM

Now please explain how these are application.  How have they made the world better???

Biblical applications with regards Human relations with one another.

Colossians 3:9-11 (Amplified Bible)

9 "Do not lie to one another, for you have stripped off the old (unregenerate) self with its evil practices,

10And have clothed yourselves with the new [spiritual self], which is [ever in the process of being] renewed and remolded into [fuller and more perfect [a]knowledge upon] knowledge after the image (the likeness) of Him Who created it.(A)

11[In this new creation all distinctions vanish.] There is no room for and there can be neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, [nor difference between nations whether alien] barbarians or Scythians [who are the most savage of all], nor slave or free man; but Christ is all and in all [everything and everywhere, to all men, without distinction of person]."

Acts 10:34-35 (Worldwide English New Testament)

34 "Then Peter began to speak, `I really understand now. God does not love some people more than others.

35But he takes anyone who obeys him. He takes anyone who does what is right. It does not matter to what nation they belong. "

Acts 17:26 (New International Version)

26 "From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live."

Matthew 7:12 (Amplified Bible)

12 "So then, whatever you desire that others would do to and for you, even so do also to and for them, for this is (sums up) the Law and the Prophets."

Matthew 5:44-45 (Amplified Bible)

44 "But I tell you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,(A)

45 "To show that you are the children of your Father Who is in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the wicked and on the good, and makes the rain fall upon the upright and the wrongdoers [alike]."

Ephesians 5:1-2 (Amplified Bible)

1 "THEREFORE BE imitators of God [copy Him and follow His example], as well-beloved children [imitate their father].

2And walk in love, [esteeming and delighting in one another] as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us, a [a]slain offering and sacrifice to God [for you, so that it became] a sweet fragrance."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now here is the Evolutionary applications with regards Human relations starting with the man himself Darwin who created the dogma down through history to his followers today.

"The Decent of Man" by Charles Darwin (his second book published 1874) In one chapter it is dedicated to the subject, 'The Races of Man' (page 178)

At some future period not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilised races of man will almost certainly exterminate and replace the savage races throughout the world. At the same time the anthropomorphous apes...will no doubt be exterminated. The break between man and his nearest Allies will then be wider, for it will intervene between man in a more civilised state, as we may hope, even than the Caucasian, and some ape as low as the baboon, instead of as now between the Negro or Australian and the gorilla."

Same book chapter Seven

"Their mental characteristics are likewise very distinct; chiefly as it would appear in their emotional, but partly in their intellectual faculties. Everyone who has had the opportunity of comparison must have been struck with the contrast between the taciturn, even morose, aborigines of S. America and the light-hearted, talkative negroes."

Here's an infamous close personal friend of Charles Darwin, Thomas Henry Huxley who latched on with a vengeance all manner of evolutionary applications. He often refered to himself as "Darwin's Bulldog".

"No rational man, cognizant of the facts, believes that the average Negro is the equal, still less the superior, of the white man. And if this be true, it is simply incredible that, when all his disabilities are removed, and our prognathus relative has a fair field and no favour, as well as no oppressor, he will be able to compete successfully with his bigger-brained and smaller jawed rival, in a contest which is to be carried out on by thoughts and not by bites" (1871, p. 20).

"Of moral purpose I see not a trace in nature. That is an article of exclusively human manufacture."

"The doctrine that all men are, in any sense, or have been, at any time, free and equal, is an utterly baseless fiction."

( Huxley T.H. 1890. The Natural Inequality of Man. Nineteenth Century January; reprinted in Collected Essays vol 1, p290–335 )

Now fast forwarding through and past Nazism, Communism, etc, we come to the modern world of Eugenics and an infamous court trial on May 2, 1927, the United States Supreme Court returned an 8 to 1 verdict in the case of Buck vs. Bell. Carrie Bell was deemed "Feeble Minded" under Eugenics Law and was forced sterilized on October 19, 1927.

Chief Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes wrote the majority decision:

"We have seen more than once that the public welfare may call upon the best citizens for their lives. It would be strange if it could not call upon those who already sap the strength of the State for these lesser sacrifices, often not felt to be such by those concerned, in order to prevent our being swamped with incompetence. It is better for all the world, if instead of waiting to execute degenerate offspring for crime, or to let them starve for their imbecility, society can prevent those who are manifestly unfit from continuing their kind. The principle that sustains compulsory vaccination is broad enough to cover cutting the Fallopian tubes…Three generations of imbeciles are enough."

And where did such perverted thinking originate from to inspire Eugenics ???????? ;) Again , the book, "The Decent of Man."

".. . . the weak members of civilised societies propagate their kind. No one who has attended to the breeding of domestic animals will doubt that this must be highly injurious to the race of man. It is surprising how soon a want of care, or care wrongly directed, leads to the degeneration of a domestic race; but excepting in the case of man himself, hardly any one is so ignorant as to allow his worst animals to breed."

For the moment , I haven't the time, but this perverted attitude remains to this day among many of the prominent evolutionary biologists, anthropologists, paleantologists, etc. James Crick just two years ago made outrageous statements about inferior intelligence of blacks in Africa.

Those are just the contrasts between evolutionary applications regards human relations and that of true Christianity.

I described specific instances where evolution is applied. 

View Post

Those supposed evolutionary applications regarding algorithm genes were nothing of the sort. You showed an example of brilliant engineering encoded programming created by an intelligent mind and replicated , copied and used by human intelligence for a precise goal. Evolution has no goals, purppose or intent. As Reverend Richard Dawkins stated, "Life was a happy chemical accident" without purpose or intent.

#80 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:09 AM

I'm officially confused. 
No, I don't believe in any stories about the deluge.  I think it might be grounded in reality, but I don't see how the entire world could have ever been covered by water.

I didn't ask anyone to explain anything, BTW.  All I have asked for is an application for creation.  You know, my country is full of Christians, and most of the people who wield power are Christians.  Demonstrating an application of creation would probably go a long way in getting it accepted as science.

View Post

There is enough water to do this.
http://www.ldolphin....deepwaters.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users