• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:33 AM

The Dutch would disagree with you.

View Post

Weren't the Dutch the one's who started the slave trade to America?

That aside, just because the Dutch would disagree, doesn't make the Dutch correct. Pol Pot disagreed with allowing millions of people to live.

But, lest we digress; Smoke of any form is bad for the human lungs... Period. Alcohol, in moderation isn't necessarily bad for anything. And in some cases, is a good medicinal tool.

There are types of Marijuana that will impair you far more rapidly than any form of alcohol (barring the consumption of an alcohol of a potency that will poison you immediately), and the more potent Marijuana is (most likely) the Marijuana that will make it to the market place.

#42 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:01 AM

Oh yeah... Plus:

Posted Image

#43 Javabean

Javabean

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Harrisburg

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:34 PM

Oh yeah... Plus:

Posted Image

View Post

:blink:

See if it was legalized then we would have a pretty sedate section of the population that would otherwise be spending time in jail for possession.

But, lest we digress; Smoke of any form is bad for the human lungs... Period. Alcohol, in moderation isn't necessarily bad for anything. And in some cases, is a good medicinal tool.

Any amount of alcohol will kill brain cells :P but I agree, there are medical benefits that out-weigh the negatives to consume moderate amounts.

I would also say that with moderate amounts the benefits from marijuana outweigh the negative side effects from smoking it. And as Bobabeliever already said, you don't need to smoke it to get the benefits.

There are types of Marijuana that will impair you far more rapidly than any form of alcohol (barring the consumption of an alcohol of a potency that will poison you immediately), and the more potent Marijuana is (most likely) the Marijuana that will make it to the market place.

Usually what is happening there is based off what-ever someone else decided to mix with it to get a stronger/different effects. And yes with selective breeding the weed of today is more potent then the weed of yesteryear.

#44 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:26 AM

:lol:

See if it was legalized then we would have a pretty sedate section of the population that would otherwise be spending time in jail for possession.
Any amount of alcohol will kill brain cells :( but I agree, there are medical benefits that out-weigh the negatives to consume moderate amounts.

I would also say that with moderate amounts the benefits from marijuana outweigh the negative side effects from smoking it.  And as Bobabeliever already said, you don't need to smoke it to get the benefits.
Usually what is happening there is based off what-ever someone else decided to mix with it to get a stronger/different effects.  And yes with selective breeding the weed of today is more potent then the weed of yesteryear.

View Post

I'm sorry... What was that?Posted Image :D

If the THC were used in pill form, then the harmful smoke would be eliminated (in medicinal uses).

#45 scott

scott

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • mississippi

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:16 AM

We have a marijuana research facility down where I live. I'm curious if this plant has any medicinal use, other than just getting high. I don't hear much about what's found out there though.

I'm wondering if it helps with the immune system any, or if it has some hidden healing ability. This would be good, but all I know about it is that it makes people temporarily feel good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users