I'm An Evolutionist But I'll Try To Be Nice.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_tomato_*

Guest_tomato_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:21 AM

I'm an American English teacher in South Korea.
I was active in a Creationist/Evoutionist thread on a forum for foreign English teachers in South Korea, but the ad hominem attacks got so plentiful that the moderators called it off.

I am writing a manuscript on Duane Gish's arguments and the Evolutionist responses.
I am trying to be unbiased by pointing out fallacious arguments on both sides.
I hope to put this manuscript on the Web as a pdf within the next few weeks.

#2 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:34 AM

I'm an American English teacher in South Korea.
I was active in a Creationist/Evoutionist thread on a forum for foreign English teachers in South Korea, but the ad hominem attacks got so plentiful that the moderators called it off.

I am writing a manuscript on Duane Gish's arguments and the Evolutionist responses.
I am trying to be unbiased by pointing out fallacious arguments on both sides.
I hope to put this manuscript on the Web as a pdf within the next few weeks.

View Post

Welcome to the forum Tomato (is there a back story to the name?). I look forward to reading your work :)

As an aside; I was approached by a head hunter concerning taking a job teaching English in South Korea a few years back. The money was really good, but the wife didn't want to move :(

#3 Guest_tomato_*

Guest_tomato_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:09 PM

Hello, Ron!

My real name is Thomas.
The Korean pronunciation of my name sounds like the Korean word for tomato.
Between classes, the children tease me by calling me Tomato, whereupon I chase and tickle them.

In my opinion, adults and juveniles like to horseplay for evolutionary reasons.
It is the responsibility of adults to help the juveniles grow in terms of strength and agility in case of an attack by an enemy or predator.
Of course, you and I and everyone else knows that strength and agility will be of little use if North Korea drops an atom bomb on us.
But our inner brains are a million years behind the times, so our inner brains don't know about atom bombs.

#4 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:06 AM

Welcome to the forums Thomas.

#5 AFJ

AFJ

AFJ

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
  • Interests:Bible, molecular biology, chemistry, mineralogy, geology, eschatology, history, family
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Baton Rouge, LA

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:17 AM

Hello, Ron!

My real name is Thomas.
The Korean pronunciation of my name sounds like the Korean word for tomato.
Between classes, the children tease me by calling me Tomato, whereupon I chase and tickle them.

In my opinion, adults and juveniles like to horseplay for evolutionary reasons.
It is the responsibility of adults to help the juveniles grow in terms of strength and agility in case of an attack by an enemy or predator.
Of course, you and I and everyone else knows that strength and agility will be of little use if North Korea drops an atom bomb on us.
But our inner brains are a million years behind the times, so our inner brains don't know about atom bombs.

View Post

Hi Thomas,

Welcome to the forum. I look forward to hearing your opinions and beliefs on this issue. It is unfortunate that the debate gets so ferrocious. Especially to those who call themselves Christian. We are to be respectful of all men, and to bless those who curse us. Being human though many fail this area--inclucing myself--but I do try to be mindful of these commands.

Things stay calm here most of the time--at most it can get a little sarcastic or derogatory--but not insulting.

As far as your attribution of evolution to horseplay-- I understand the imagery of lions etc. at play here. In my opinion, horseplay and sports come from a combination of the competitive and loving nature that is found in the hearts of mankind. A desire and drive to survive and succeed would be necessary in order for man to "be frutiful and multiply and subdue the earth."

Also, did you know that South Korea has one of the largest percentages of scientists who hold a creationist interpretation of the data?

In Christ,
AFJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users