skwayred

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • Magrathea

Posted 25 June 2010 - 04:23 PM

I mean, does God really answer prayers? If you request for something but everything is also dependent on his own will, then what's the use of praying? And will more faith actually make a prayer more effective?

#2 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:07 PM

I mean, does God really answer prayers? If you request for something but everything is also dependent on his own will, then what's the use of praying? And will more faith actually make a prayer more effective?

View Post

No, but he answers Jesus, who intercedes for us. You should always address your prayers to Jesus, but he still hears you and will deliver your to prayer to the father even if you don't. It is also important to believe what you have prayed for without doubting. It may not seem that serious to you, but unbelief to him is a fatal sin.

There are people who have been healed from fatal diseases, but later they slacked off on faith and had the disease return. So yes, faith,belief, and the request itself will determine whether a prayer is answered or not.

#3 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:56 PM

View Post

If you expect an answer to your prayer to be always yes, then you are not praying to God but a genie.

God being all knowing means He also knows what is best for you even though you cannot see it.

Example: If you could actually see into your kids future, and see exactly how each decision you make will effect them. Would you not base your decisions on this, or would you just do whatever regardless? And the reason you would base your decisions on that knowledge is because you love your kids. A genie would just give you what you want. An all loving God would only give you what is best.

An all knowing Creator can see how each answered prayer will effect your future. Having this knowledge would you prefer God to give you what you want even though things will be much worse later because of it? What if the thing you want ends up turning you away from God and you end up in eternal damnation, would you still want it? Or if what you prayed for, for another person did this to them. Would you still want God to fulfill your prayer and condemn that person anyway?

If God were to just answer prayer because someone really wants it, He would be working against His own kingdom. Which also means he would be helping Satan. He cannot do that.

So how would you want prayer to be answered knowing these things? It's not God's will that any man shall perish.

#4 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 26 June 2010 - 12:03 AM

To take this a step further for better understanding. There are 3 stages to getting your prayer answered.

1) The promise.
When we pray for something we are relying on the promises of God.

2) The problem.
If God is to give you what you want, be it something spiritual or physical, that could effect your life in the future. In order to receive it He will send you a problem (test) to see if you understand that answering yes to your prayer can do and effect your future.

3) The provision.
If you pass the test with understanding then you get the provision. Which is what you prayed for.

There are different things that can happen with each answered prayer.

Example:
Let's say you are praying for a boat because you work so hard you need rest and relaxation. God has no problem with that. But what if the only day you have off is the day you go to church? And because it's a deep sea fishing boat it takes half a day just to get to your favorite spot to fish. So what is going to happen to church day? It's going to become fish day.

So if you really want this boat, and God is considering giving it to you. What kind of test do you think He will send your way to see if you are going to allow this boat replace God on Sunday and possibly fall away from salvation in the process? The type of test you will get is one where you will be tested to see if you will replace God with something even smaller than a boat. And the test may be as simple as a friend coming over and ask you to go bowling during church time. And if you do, you fail the test. And you don't get the provision.

The test is there to protect you from the one thing that is most important to God which is not to let you end up in Hell.

#5 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 26 June 2010 - 12:31 AM

Why are some people not healed, or lose their healing?

1) Not healed. Some people are not healed because to do so would allow them return to a sinful life which would allow them to possibly fall away and lose salvation.

2) Losing healing. Healing is done through faith which is shown throughout Christ Ministry while on the earth. How a person can lose their healing is when they start to doubt that Christ healed them. The faith in the healing weakens so the very thing that allowed the healing becomes the very thing that makes them lose it. In other words maintaining the faith in what healed the person maintains the healing. Losing it make one lose the healing.

After the healing there will be many problems sent to the person to test and strengthen their faith. such as people saying things like: Are you sure you were healed? How do you know it will last? Are you sure that there was anything wrong with you in the first place? If the person who was healed falters and starts to doubt, it's at that very moment they become in danger of losing that healing. The tests sent either make or break your faith.

#6 Seth

Seth

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Chicago

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:01 AM

Why are some people not healed, or lose their healing?

1) Not healed. Some people are not healed because to do so would allow them return to a sinful life which would allow them to possibly fall away and lose salvation.

2) Losing healing. Healing is done through faith which is shown throughout Christ Ministry while on the earth. How a person can lose their healing is when they start to doubt that Christ healed them. The faith in the healing weakens so the very thing that allowed the healing becomes the very thing that makes them lose it. In other words maintaining the faith in what healed the person maintains the healing. Losing it make one lose the healing.

View Post

You may not think those two statements I bolded contradict each other but consider what was said. "Christ healed them". This is true for "by His (Jesus) stripes we WERE healed". (Is.53:5, I Pet. 2:24) It's a done deal! Were, past tense. It's a provision already provided by His Stripes under the New Covenant.

But before that you claimed that some are not healed because it may allow them to return to a sinful life. This simply is not true. First consider that there is no biblical bases for that conclusion. No verse that says as much. Under the New Covenant through Christ, healing is provided to any who Believe. There are no other requirements given but to believe in Jesus and His finished work here on earth. Consider (3 John 1:2)

Also consider that Jesus healed ALL who came to Him. Why is that significant? Because ALL who came to Him were NOT Christians and yet Jesus healed them ALL, according to their Faith. So how much MORE a Christian under the New Covenant?

What many Christians like myself didn't realize, what I've come to understand, is that prayer is a Relationship. Your prayers are more effectual when they are approached with this in mind. So consider saying, God answers "My" prayers, or answers "Me" when I pray or talk to God my Father in heaven.

Bring Gods word into your prayers as well. When you do, you're telling God that you know Him because of His word. You're saying God I know you love me, I know you care about me. You said you will provide for all my needs and I believe you because I know you're a good God and you Love me. You gave me your very best in Jesus so I know you will not withold any good thing from me. When you approach your Father in heaven this way, you're expressing faith in His word and His love for you personally.

I've had many of my prayers answered. Even some of the most seemingly "insignificant" prayers or even "thoughts" I've had answered.

Things as simple as finding a parking spot right near the front door of a heavily populated parking lot in a mall. I just drove right up toward the front door in faith that one would be available and there it was. (I can just sense God smiling down at me) Even things like having a desire for pizza in a place where I thought none could be found and all of a sudden I see a guy walking down the street with a pizza in his hand and I ask him where he got it from and I'm enjoying an afternoon with a pizza in my hand in a park. I've had free 80 dollar baseball tickets given to me. I've had people bend over backwards, for no reason that even they coud tell, to help me beyond what I asked. Some have even told me to try another place since the thing they were selling was much more expensive, basicaly taking business away from themselves. I went looking for a book in a bookstore where I was told just sold out when one of the workers just happen to remember actually seeing it put aside somewhere, found it and I had the book I wanted. And so much more.

I bring up these little things because it shows God's goodness toward us. And it's through your growing relationship with Him that becomes more significant in your life everyday that even the "little" things God will supply for you because of His goodness. You'll start even making simple prayers throughout the day or even things you're thinking about and find God answers them. Start seeing God in the little day to day occurrences and you'll find your faith growing as God's love for you becomes more and more evident. I know many people will simply say those were all coincidences. However consider that as a believer there are no coincidences. If you start believing they're just coincidences then don't be surprised at the lack of faith you may find, that's what the devil wants. He wants you to think that's all they were. That's a lie because you are God's redeemed. God is on your side and He is for you not against you. Keeping this in mind and remembering the love that He has for you will build your faith and in turn you'll experience more of the answers you seek through your talks with God in your prayers.

#7 Seth

Seth

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Chicago

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:08 AM

I should also add that I've had sickness and disease taken from me that I suffered for years before I understood God's provision, even though I still have failings of sin in my life.

#8 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:24 AM

You may not think those two statements I bolded contradict each other but consider what was said. "Christ healed them". This is true for "by His (Jesus) stripes we WERE healed". (Is.53:5, I Pet. 2:24) It's a done deal! Were, past tense. It's a provision already provided by His Stripes under the New Covenant.

But before that you claimed that some are not healed because it may allow them to return to a sinful life. This simply is not true. First consider that there is no biblical bases for that conclusion. No verse that says as much. Under the New Covenant through Christ, healing is provided to any who Believe. There are no other requirements given but to believe in Jesus and His finished work here on earth. Consider (3 John 1:2)

Also consider that Jesus healed ALL who came to Him. Why is that significant? Because ALL who came to Him were NOT Christians and yet Jesus healed them ALL, according to their Faith. So how much MORE a Christian under the New Covenant?

Even you said: According to their faith (which is what I explained). Also, what was the question that was usually asked before He healed them? Do you want to be healed?

What many Christians like myself didn't realize, what I've come to understand, is that prayer is a Relationship. Your prayers are more effectual when they are approached with this in mind. So consider saying, God answers "My" prayers, or answers "Me" when I pray or talk to God my Father in heaven.

I have no problem with that.

Bring Gods word into your prayers as well. When you do, you're telling God that you know Him because of His word. You're saying God I know you love me, I know you care about me. You said you will provide for all my needs and I believe you because I know you're a good God and you Love me. You gave me your very best in Jesus so I know you will not withold any good thing from me. When you approach your Father in heaven this way, you're expressing faith in His word and His love for you personally.

Agreed.

I've had many of my prayers answered. Even some of the most seemingly "insignificant" prayers or even "thoughts" I've had answered.

All prayers get answered, but not always the way we would like.

Things as simple as finding a parking spot right near the front door of a heavily populated parking lot in a mall. I just drove right up toward the front door in faith that one would be available and there it was. (I can just sense God smiling down at me) Even things like having a desire for pizza in a place where I thought none could be found and all of a sudden I see a guy walking down the street with a pizza in his hand and I ask him where he got it from and I'm enjoying an afternoon with a pizza in my hand in a park. I've had free 80 dollar baseball tickets given to me. I've had people bend over backwards, for no reason that even they coud tell, to help me beyond what I asked. Some have even told me to try another place since the thing they were selling was much more expensive, basicaly taking business away from themselves.  I went looking for a book in a bookstore where I was told just sold out when one of the workers just happen to remember actually seeing it put aside somewhere, found it and I had the book I wanted. And so much more.

I never said God does not answer prayer. I have recently become disabled and can no longer work because of really bad pain in my back. I had been living off my mother's retirement income until she died a few months ago. And when that money quit coming I had gotten down to my last 40 bucks. I went to to church that Sunday and went forward to be prayed for, for that situation.

I had applied for disability but as you know the government loves to give people the run around. But 2 days after I was prayed for I was approved for disability. So most of my worries are now behind me. So yes I know God answers prayer. I have had many more answered as well. But there is also a reason why some are not answered.

I bring up these little things because it shows God's goodness toward us. And it's through your growing relationship with Him that becomes more significant in your life everyday that even the "little" things God will supply for you because of His goodness. You'll start even making simple prayers throughout the day or even things you're thinking about and find God answers them. Start seeing God in the little day to day occurrences and you'll find your faith growing as God's love for you becomes more and more evident. I know many people will simply say those were all coincidences. However consider that as a believer there are no coincidences. If you start believing they're just coincidences then don't be surprised at the lack of faith you may find, that's what the devil wants. He wants you to think that's all they were. That's a lie because you are God's redeemed. God is on your side and He is for you not against you. Keeping this in mind and remembering the love that He has for you will build your faith and in turn you'll experience more of the answers you seek through your talks with God in your prayers.

View Post

But one cannot ignore that not all prayers get answered, and people do lose their healing just like they can lose their salvation.

#9 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:26 AM

I should also add that I've had sickness and disease taken from me that I suffered for years before I understood God's provision, even though I still have failings of sin in my life.

View Post

You don't lose a healing because you sin. You can become in danger of losing it when you doubt that your healing was done By Christ. Understand?

#10 Seth

Seth

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Chicago

Posted 26 June 2010 - 10:00 AM

You don't lose a healing because you sin. You can become in danger of losing it when you doubt that your healing was done By Christ. Understand?

View Post

Yes, I agree with you on this. I know I can come off critical but I wasn't trying to be critical. There is no condemnation for us who believe. (Romans 8:1). I'm sorry if it came out that way.

I am very sorry to hear what you've been going through. It will be a part of my prayers and I fully expect miraculous provision.

What has helped me in my prayers, I should have mentioned before, is giving God thanks for those provisions, believing that I've already received them. Believing His word rather than what my body was trying to tell me. Didn't mean I stopped taking medicine altogether but the healing I believed I already received through Jesus provision eventually manifested and aligned itself with that reality of the healing He already provided. I pray the healing that has been provided already for you manifest itself in your life in Jesus name.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users