Photo

A New Virus Bug And How To Get Rid Of It.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:21 AM

The other day my computer got infected with a bug that kept popping up stuff that looked like windows pop ups saying my computer is infected and I needed to buy such and such product. Regardless of what I did it would not go away.

Because it is connected to windows and internet explorer, I used firefox to go around it and download what I knew would probably get rid of it. Which was SpyBot search and destroy. It can be downloaded here: http://www.safer-net...load/index.html

It's a free program but because those pop-ups will keep you from running it to remove the problem. You have to restart you PC and go into "safe mode" by pressing the F8 key during start up. The bug won't load in safe mode. But SpyBot will work in safe mode to remover the problem.

Or you could try to restore you pc. But I found that his would not work either.

Just a heads up if anyone gets this thing. Also don't buy what they are selling through the bug program that infected your pc. I'm sure they will steal your ID if you do.

Added: Also it is good to have this program anyway because it searches for stuff normal programs don't. In fact it takes a little less than an hour to scan your PC.

And it also has a thing that plugs up what is called security holes in both Explorer and Firefox.

It also has a BHO lister (browser helper object). Some Malware you get use this to hijack your PC to go to sites they want you to see. Or just aggravate you with pop up after pop up to where you can do nothing with your PC. Here again you can start your PC in safe mode and go to the BHO lister and delete all the BHO programs you do not recognize (no trademark names like yahoo, google etc.). After that you just restart and if you deleted the right BHO your computer control is returned to you.

#2 Guest_Ben_*

Guest_Ben_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:08 PM

There are several versions of this kind of malicious software (malware) out there all with the same MO. They prevent you running other programs so you can't remove it and therefore you need to boot in safe mode to clear it.

An alternative to Spybot S&D is Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - if one can't resolve the issue, the other is likely to.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is available for free (legitimately) here:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users