tkster

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Working out, shopping, hanging out with friends
  • Scientology
  • Atheist
  • Lubbock Texas

Posted 13 March 2005 - 07:43 AM

For some reason, the auto-login (or remember me option) isn't working. Are y'all still working on it?

tk

#2 Guest_The Deacon_*

Guest_The Deacon_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2005 - 11:55 AM

For some reason, the auto-login (or remember me option) isn't working.  Are y'all still working on it?

tk

I had the same problem. It was a conflict with antivirus software. I run Zone Alarm, Avast, and several other similar programs. Some of them conflict. Check your settings and adjust accordingly (if you are confortable doing so, of course).

#3 Guest_Admin3_*

Guest_Admin3_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2005 - 03:30 AM

I let windows filter cookies. Zone alarm actually filters out parts of this forum. Like animated gif code, and some java code as well. so I turn off the zone alarm cookie filter.

Also, if you have you windows set to clear you internet cache everytime you shut it down, that will help stop viruses. I also have set where the swap file is deleted upon shut down. I have not had a virus sense making these adjustments.

#4 Geezer

Geezer

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Judaism Orthodox
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • 3rd Rock from the Sun

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:40 AM

Auto-logins are not a good idea. It leaves tracks on your computer for disreputable websites to gather.
Admin3 is quite correct.

There are many free services to protect your computer.
Sysgate personal firewall as well as Zone Alarm. Firewalls are a MUST these days.
Also, AGP anti-virus is top-rated and free - another must have.

Also, you really should run AdAware or Spybot Search and Destroy weekly. You would not believe how many websites and downloaded programs contain spyware. Anything from tracking cookies to malicious identity theft.

Also, if you bought a Dell computer within the last 2 years - it is loaded with "friendly" spyware. IMO, any spyware is not friendly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users