Newcomer

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • York

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:26 PM

Hello, I'm Barry and I've been lurking on the board quietly for some time now.

I'm not really here to debate evolution (as far as I'm concerned its pretty much fact).

What does get me though is the lies that creationists tell in order to sell their product. Kent H*vind, Ray Comfort, Duane Gish, and Ken Ham to name a few tell the same untruthes again and again despite the fact that they live in an age where its relatively easy to get access to the education they need.

So the reason why I'm here is to find out how creationists can continue to defend their position given that any reasonable person would instantly dismiss their claims were it not shrouded in the protective shield called religion.

Oh, and I'm an atheist if you hadn't guessed already :lol:

#2 falcone

falcone

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Agnostic
  • Scotland

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:43 AM

Hi Barry

Perhaps you should pick a single example by one of those people and present your case against it. Also, it might be wise to proceed with the premise of it being an error or honest misunderstanding of the evidence rather that a deliberate lie. :)

Welcome to eft!

#3 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 25 September 2010 - 05:19 AM

Inflammatory and fallacious unsupported accusations are never a good way to start your membership at any forum Barry. I suggest you read the forum rules prior to making another post here. Seeing that you claim to have “been lurking on the board quietly for some time now”, one would assume that you had already done this.

By the way; <this is a warning> .

#4 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:36 AM

This post was left up and visible, so as to provide an example of how “NOT” to post here (or, really any other civilized forum with set standards).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users