twinc

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • BIRKENHEAD,UK

Posted 23 December 2010 - 07:14 AM

Who normally claims or can claim a dead body for burial etc - can it just be any Tom,Dick or Harry - so who claimed the body of Jesus - twinc

#2 twinc

twinc

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Christian
  • BIRKENHEAD,UK

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:59 AM

Who normally claims or can claim a dead body for burial etc - can it just be any Tom,Dick or Harry - so who claimed the body of Jesus - twinc

View Post

a simple question imho and yet simply not a single simple answer - twinc

#3 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 31 December 2010 - 06:52 AM

I have the answer, but I don't assume that it is a simple question... I suppose I am curious as to the reason for the inquiry. Matt. 27:57, 58; Mark 15:43

Joseph of Arimathe'a was a member of the Sanhedrin so it was easier for him to request the body from Pilate than it would be for another disciple. Before Jesus death he was a disciple in secret for fear of the Jews, but afterwards he apparently took courage and let it be known.

Luke 23:50 And, look! a man named Joseph, who was a member of the Council, a good and righteous man— 51 this [man] had not voted in support of their design and action—he was from Ar·i·ma·the′a, a city of the Ju·de′ans, and was waiting for the kingdom of God;

John 19:38 Now after these things Joseph from Ar·i·ma·the′a, who was a disciple of Jesus but a secret one out of [his] fear of the Jews, requested Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus; and Pilate gave him permission. Therefore he came and took his body away.

#4 twinc

twinc

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Christian
  • BIRKENHEAD,UK

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:42 PM

I have the answer, but I don't assume that it is a simple question... I suppose I am curious as to the reason for the inquiry. Matt. 27:57, 58; Mark 15:43

Joseph of Arimathe'a was a member of the Sanhedrin so it was easier for him to request the body from Pilate than it would be for another disciple. Before Jesus death he was a disciple in secret for fear of the Jews, but afterwards he apparently took courage and let it be known.

Luke 23:50 And, look! a man named Joseph, who was a member of the Council, a good and righteous man— 51 this [man] had not voted in support of their design and action—he was from Ar·i·ma·the′a, a city of the Ju·de′ans, and was waiting for the kingdom of God;

John 19:38 Now after these things Joseph from Ar·i·ma·the′a, who was a disciple of Jesus but a secret one out of [his] fear of the Jews, requested Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus; and Pilate gave him permission. Therefore he came and took his body away.

View Post

oh Mama - if and when you die, hopefully according to what is normal practice and the law only some very close relative will be allowed to claim and remove your body for burial - some of my posts are closely linked and the clue to this one can be found in 'Forsaken and Forgotten' - twinc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users