Hello

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Seek123

Seek123

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:God<br />Music (I play piano, violin, guitar, and bass guitar)<br />Nature and camping (I have achieved my Eagle Scout Rank)<br />Reading<br />Friends<br />Biology<br />Much much more...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Northwest Indiana

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:01 PM

Hello to everyone!

I have been in the background reading debates on this site for almost a year. At first I was a bit shaken by the 'overwhelming evidence' against my worldviews that seemed to be flooding the internet and every informative documentary shown on television. Now, after many hours of reading and research my relationship with the Lord is better than ever. It is hard for me to understand why so many well-educated individuals cannot see through the postulate of conjecture running rampant through evolutionary science.

In the long run, I hope that everyone here that either reads along or actively intermingles in debate will be able to expand their knowledge.

#2 Bex

Bex

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1066 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, friends/family, animals, health topics, auto/biographies, movies (horror, comedy, drama, whatever, just as long as it's good), music, video games (mainly survival horror, or survival/adventure types), crossword puzzles, books on real life crime/serial killers/etc. Prophecy/miracles/supernatural/hauntings etc, net surfing/forums etc.<br /><br />One of my favourite forums for information on many topics:<br /><br />http://orbisvitae.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • New Zealand

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:18 PM

Hi Seek, welcome to the forum! :)

#3 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:54 PM

Welcome!

#4 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:28 PM

Hi! I too am finding that YEC provides the detailed answers I was looking for from science. :)

#5 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:45 AM

Hello Seek, and welcome.

#6 AFJ

AFJ

AFJ

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
  • Interests:Bible, molecular biology, chemistry, mineralogy, geology, eschatology, history, family
  • Christian
  • Baton Rouge, LA

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:13 AM

Hello to everyone!

I have been in the background reading debates on this site for almost a year.  At first I was a bit shaken by the 'overwhelming evidence' against my worldviews that seemed to be flooding the internet and every informative documentary shown on television.  Now, after many hours of reading and research my relationship with the Lord is better than ever.  It is hard for me to understand why so many well-educated individuals cannot see through the postulate of conjecture running rampant through evolutionary science.

In the long run, I hope that everyone here that either reads along or actively intermingles in debate will be able to expand their knowledge.

View Post

Hi Seek123,
Glad you came on board. Many evolutionists, especially atheists, WANT to believe evolution because they have obvious rage and blame of God. They usually have succombed to the attacks of liberal theologians and other "enlightenment" philosophies which pervade acedemia. These philosophical foundations have destroyed any faith they once held that the Bible is the Word of God. And they are dazzled by the "elegance" of evolution.

Darwin got acedemia, and acedemia teaches everyone else. So everyone backs acedemia--a vicious circle.

Well anyway, glad to meet you!

#7 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:21 AM

Hi Seek123,
Glad you came on board.  Many evolutionists, especially atheists, WANT to believe evolution because they have obvious rage and blame of God.  They usually have succombed to the attacks of liberal theologians and other "enlightenment" philosophies which pervade acedemia. These philosophical foundations have destroyed any faith they once held that the Bible is the Word of God.  And they are dazzled by the "elegance" of evolution.

Darwin got acedemia, and acedemia teaches everyone else.  So everyone backs acedemia--a vicious circle.

View Post

http://creation.com/...ient-pagan-idea

1 John 4:5 They originate with the world; that is why they speak [what proceeds] from the world and the world listens to them. 6 We originate with God. He that gains the knowledge of God listens to us; he that does not originate with God does not listen to us. This is how we take note of the inspired expression of truth and the inspired expression of error.

#8 Mankind

Mankind

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Christian
  • Southeast

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:08 PM

Welcome Seek. It is refreshing to see a young person sitcking by the word of God. Evolution is all smoke and mirrors.

#9 Seek123

Seek123

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:God<br />Music (I play piano, violin, guitar, and bass guitar)<br />Nature and camping (I have achieved my Eagle Scout Rank)<br />Reading<br />Friends<br />Biology<br />Much much more...
  • Christian
  • Northwest Indiana

Posted 05 January 2011 - 05:02 PM

Hi Seek123,
Glad you came on board.  Many evolutionists, especially atheists, WANT to believe evolution because they have obvious rage and blame of God.  They usually have succombed to the attacks of liberal theologians and other "enlightenment" philosophies which pervade acedemia. These philosophical foundations have destroyed any faith they once held that the Bible is the Word of God.  And they are dazzled by the "elegance" of evolution.

Darwin got acedemia, and acedemia teaches everyone else.  So everyone backs acedemia--a vicious circle.

View Post

Hello AFJ

It is sad when you see people throwing away such a glorious opportunity in eternity only because they feel that 'if God were up there then why isn't he making my life perfect' instead of recognizing the blessings and miracles that God has already provided us. If people could learn to think by means of raw fact over stories, grudges, and denial than perhaps we could have more understanding in academia of how related the supernatural is too existence as we know it.

At least when Darwin was studying scientists were still able to admit that they might be wrong. Today, it seems, everyone thinks that their work is flawless.

Nice to meet you too :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users