• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

Administrator / Forum Owner

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2469 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:00 PM

I was gone the last few days in SW Missouri helping my parents. Their house was totaled by a tornado. My parents are fine, they are very fortunate as they had just drove a golf cart from a neighbor's house into their garage, only to have it totally demolished moments later. They did not even hear it coming. My dad noticed a bunch of leaves blowing into the garage from the north in a circular motion (the twister hit from the south). He asked my mom, who was making her way to the kitchen, to shut the garage. When she reached to push the garage door button, the power suddenly went out, and before they knew it the roof was tearing away from the house. The kitchen my mom was heading toward has a ceiling triangle beam crashed in it. The twister hit around 11:30am. If they had left the party seconds later, or had not gone to the party, they likely would not still be here.

Fred

#2 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:44 PM

Wow! Glad they alright.

#3 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:01 AM

Thank God....

#4 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:46 AM

Wow. I am glad you were able to help them. May God comfort them from their trauma and loss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users