Seth

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Chicago

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:27 PM

I just wanted to elaborate on something I said in a response to another post on the Evolution vs Creation section about Healing.

I suffered with quite a few things in my adolescent and young adult life like rashes all over my body, itching, abdominal problems and heart problems for many years. It was a very difficult time in my life, especially as a Christian having faith in a Good God who loves us. However, I've been completely healed from all of it for several years now! Since then, I've been privy to other's being healed as well.

Now many Christians, like Bex, may wonder why you and not me? I know I did many times ask that myself. I too related it to, well it's God's will, He knows what's best for me.

Now what I'm about to say, MANY Christians have difficulty in Receiving and it is NOT my intention to cause offense especially to believers. I will say this though, keep in mind that I was sick with several physical problems BEFORE and NOW I am not. Something CHANGED in my MIND! I had a RENEWING that occurred that God showed me and shows every believer in His own word.

I wasn't healed because I was somehow "more" special than another believer.
I wasn't healed because I had a "closer" relationship with God.
I wasn't healed because I was a "sinless" believer.
I wasn't healed because I was reading my Bible and Praying everyday either.

Then what did I do to get God to heal me? Many may be wondering. The answer is both "simple" and at the same time "complicated" or "difficult".

It's "difficult" because it's "simple". I, like many Christians, believed "I" had to "DO" something to either get God's attention or to get Him to do something for me. Maybe if I pray more. Maybe if I read His word more. Maybe if I did this or that then God may find it in His heart to heal me or change His mind and heal me. Then I'd feel condemned for feeling this way because I wasn't agreeing with His will for me to be sick. If you can relate to any of this, then you know I've been there too.

The renewing of my mind started as I kept reading the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) and noticed something very interesting. In ALL of the Gospels we are told that Jesus healed ALL who CAME TO HIM. Now many Christians might respond with, well of course He's Jesus, He can do that. What you might have missed is the TRUTH that NOT ONE did He EVER decide NOT to heal! It didn't matter what the ailment or sickness was or even if they were dead. If they came to Him He healed them.

Much more than this, I noticed something else (or rather the Holy Spirit revealed something else) ALL of these people were NOT Christians.
Now many Christians may respond with, of course they weren't, Christ did not die for our sins yet. What you may have missed however is that THAT is exactly the point. They didn't HAVE to be Christians. (Why that's blasphemous, No it's the TRUTH!) Were these people Christans? No, they were not. In fact, they were STILL in their sins and YET Christ Healed them.

I remember thinking, wait a minute THAT is NOT fair God!!! They're not even Christians and yet Jesus healed them, ALL of them! Not one person did Jesus ever say, sorry but God has something better in mind for you and that's why you must continue to suffer in your sickness. No, Jesus NEVER said ANYTHING like that! Never! He even healed the Centurions servent, never coming to visit.

Now this is the part that is very simple and yet difficult for most (because it's so simple) to believe. Yes, it DOES require FAITH to be healed BUT, you cannot have faith in something if you don't believe it's GOD'S WILL for you to have it! Did you catch that? That's where the Renewing must occur. You must understand that it IS God's WILL FOR YOU TO BE HEALED!!! If you don't understand that important TRUTH then it will be difficult for you to have faith in it. You see, all those people who came to Jesus KNEW IT WAS HIS WILL TO HEAL! So if Jesus is the SAME yesterday, today and forever then what's going on?

What's going on is that most Christians don't really believe that it's God's WILL TO HEAL or they wouldn't be sick in the first place, right? I know, I too thought like this once. If God want's me healed then He would have healed me already or why let me get sick? There's a culprit who is trying to hide in the shadows of all this, Satan!

Who comes to STEAL, KILL and DESTROY? (Satan) Who came to GIVE us LIFE and life MORE Abundant? (JESUS) Who made Job sick? Was it God? NO, it was Satan! You see? Satan is trying to ROB us from what Jesus GAVE to us through His death and that most certainly includes HEALING! Now you might be wondering, well why did God allow Satan to do that to us? God DIDN'T! But what does God tell us? You shall KNOW the TRUTH and the TRUTH shall MAKE YOU FREE!!! You see, God gave us His word, His Truth and it's Satan who is trying to blind us from it. The Truth tells us that SATAN the THEIF comes to steal, kill and destroy. The Truth tells us that JESUS came to GIVE us LIFE and life MORE abundant. That is what God's word tells us. God's word also tells us how Jesus Healed ALL who came to Him. They came to Him because they BELIEVED that it was His will to heal them and so they knew He would. How many times did Jesus ask, Do you BELIEVE that I can do this? They said yes.

Most Christians believe Jesus CAN heal but they may not understand His WILL or even DESIRE that they BE HEALED! And unless you can understand that, it will be difficult to have faith to receive that. Don't be condemned however just read the Truth and allow it to FREE your mind. Decide NOT to allow Satan to steal from you what God gave to you through His Son anymore!

God GAVE His word to tell us the truth and this is the truth. Once I realized that it was God's will even desire that I be healed, once I realized that Jesus died to provide that to me, I was instantly healed of my itching and rash however the other things took another year. It took another year because Satan was still trying to steal it from me, but I would have none of it. I just kept professing God's word and thanking God for healing me. I started finding other scriptures that confirmed this as well like , by His stripes we WERE (past tense) Healed.

I pray you receive this with Joy. Of course, don't take a "man's" word for it, take God at HIS word. Remember, Jesus Healed ALL who came to Him. If it was His will then, then it IS His will NOW! He is the same yesterday, today and forever.

#2 Seth

Seth

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Chicago

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:57 PM

I just wanted to quickly add, I realize some may bring up Paul's thorn at his flesh, so if that does come up I'd rather discuss it on another post. There are MANY good articles that explain this and what Paul meant. He wasn't talking about an "ailment" he was referring to all the HARDSHIPS he was going through, being beaten, thrown in jail, shipwrecked 3 times, stoned etc. etc. Paul was being persecuted by Satan wherever Paul went.
Thorn in the flesh is a term you can also find in the Old Testament (Num. 33:55; Josh. 23:13 and Judg. 2:3), where people are spoken of as being "thorns in your sides" and "thorns in your eyes." Paul had a demonic messenger from satan that was trying to buffet Paul. Paul was getting a little more than tired of all this persecution, NOT "sickness" or some "ailment".

#3 performedge

performedge

Don - a Child of the King

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Interests:Being a logician. Debating the origins controversy. Going to heaven. Taking others with me. Seeing the creator.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Rock Hill, SC

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:03 AM

I just wanted to quickly add, I realize some may bring up Paul's thorn at his flesh, so if that does come up I'd rather discuss it on another post. There are MANY good articles that explain this and what Paul meant. He wasn't talking about an "ailment" he was referring to all the HARDSHIPS he was going through, being beaten, thrown in jail, shipwrecked 3 times, stoned etc. etc. Paul was being persecuted by Satan wherever Paul went.
Thorn in the flesh is a term you can also find in the Old Testament (Num. 33:55; Josh. 23:13 and Judg. 2:3), where people are spoken of as being "thorns in your sides" and "thorns in your eyes."  Paul had a demonic messenger from satan that was trying to buffet Paul. Paul was getting a little more than tired of all this persecution, NOT "sickness" or some "ailment".

View Post

I think this verse may be appropriate.

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Maybe part of your process was the full submission of your body ailment to Him which came as a result from the renewing of your mind.

#4 Scanman

Scanman

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Christian
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • West Virginia

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:55 PM

Seth,

Wonderful post!

Peace

#5 Scanman

Scanman

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Christian
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • West Virginia

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:02 PM

Thorn in the flesh is a term you can also find in the Old Testament (Num. 33:55; Josh. 23:13 and Judg. 2:3), where people are spoken of as being "thorns in your sides" and "thorns in your eyes."  Paul had a demonic messenger from satan that was trying to buffet Paul. Paul was getting a little more than tired of all this persecution, NOT "sickness" or some "ailment".

View Post

There are some who would say that Paul possibly had bad eyesight...

See what large letters I use as I write to you with my own hand!

I gather from this statement that Paul was making a special point that he was actually writing the letter with his own hand when he otherwise typically had a companion scribe to dictate to.

Peace

#6 AFJ

AFJ

AFJ

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
  • Interests:Bible, molecular biology, chemistry, mineralogy, geology, eschatology, history, family
  • Christian
  • Baton Rouge, LA

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:20 PM

Seth,

Wonderful post!

Peace

View Post

I agree, Seth. Thanks for giving us that testimony. I wonder what our atheist freinds think about that. It's not just a few. Many have been touched by God in a way that is not subjective, it can be seen by others-- a sign to them. God doesn't come into a lab and let us measure him. He decided to save by "the foolishness of preaching..." Paul said. And "they overcame [Satan] by the blood of the lamb, and the word of their TESTIMONY..." it says in Revelation.

We are to proclaim the "wonderful works of God..." just like they did on the day of Pentecost!!

THe good news is God CAN and WILL help them, and show them His Presence, just like He has shown us. If they will only desire and believe to know God, he will show them!!

#7 Seth

Seth

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Chicago

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:33 PM

There are some who would say that Paul possibly had bad eyesight...

See what large letters I use as I write to you with my own hand!

I gather from this statement that Paul was making a special point that he was actually writing the letter with his own hand when he otherwise typically had a companion scribe to dictate to.

Peace

View Post

Thanks for the appreciation, I really hope it serves to help.

As for Gal.6:11, I believe Paul could be referring to (and I believe probably is referring to) the "length" of the letters, as in look how many pages of letters I've written to you. I don't believe he was referring to his "eyesight" but even if he was, in that case, maybe he just needed reading glasses and wasn't necessarily going through some eye ailment.

#8 Seth

Seth

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Chicago

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:55 PM

I want to highlight this passage in Matthew 13:18-23

Notice who is the one stealing the word. It is the evil one, the devil!

Verse 21 is very interesting. The key there is this person had no "ROOT" in himself. Notice why there was no root. Because "tribulation" or "persecution" ARISES. Why? ...On account of the word.

God's Word IS the SEED we plant in our HEARTS (Soil). So you plant it but then something ARISES. The devil sees it and on account of the word you just planted persecutes you and tries to bring tribulation or draw your attention away so that you may endure for only a while. You have to FIGHT, by standing on God's Word, His promises! You have to Determine to keep that seed in your heart because if the devil can't steal it he'll try and either convince you that it's not working or distract you through tribulation. In order for the seed of God's Word to start growing a root means you have to keep it in the soil, in your heart. It may take longer than just "a while". Ask God to help you endure so that His word takes ROOT and keep thanking Him for the truth! We are definitely in a Spiritual Battle but we don't have to "fight", Jesus fought for us already and defeated the devil, he is a defeated foe. All you need to do is STAND on God's Word. Stand on top of that ground that has your seed of truth inside and let it take root! Understand, I'm not trying to say this is all so easy. No, our flesh get's in the way all too often. Our circumstances keep yelling (like a Roaring Lion, but the Lion can ONLY roar because he has NO teeth!) So ROAR BACK with the Word of God! :)

#9 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:31 AM

This is my own ponderings due to my experience with alternative medicine, not JW related: I believe that our physical health is affected by our vital force that flows in energy pathways (these are the things that are manipulated by accupuncture, and measured by electrodermal testing). These energy pathways can be healed in many ways* and one of those is prayer. There is a mind/body/spirit connection in wellness and healing.

*look at tapping.com or emotional freedom technique for an examples

#10 performedge

performedge

Don - a Child of the King

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Interests:Being a logician. Debating the origins controversy. Going to heaven. Taking others with me. Seeing the creator.
  • Christian
  • Rock Hill, SC

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:11 AM

I want to highlight this passage in Matthew 13:18-23

Notice who is the one stealing the word. It is the evil one, the devil!

Verse 21 is very interesting. The key there is this person had no "ROOT" in himself. Notice why there was no root. Because "tribulation" or "persecution" ARISES. Why? ...On account of the word.

God's Word IS the SEED we plant in our HEARTS (Soil). So you plant it but then something ARISES. The devil sees it and on account of the word you just planted persecutes you and tries to bring tribulation or draw your attention away so that you may endure for only a while. You have to FIGHT, by standing on God's Word, His promises! You have to Determine to keep that seed in your heart because if the devil can't steal it he'll try and either convince you that it's not working or distract you through tribulation. In order for the seed of God's Word to start growing a root means you have to keep it in the soil, in your heart. It may take longer than just "a while". Ask God to help you endure so that His word takes ROOT and keep thanking Him for the truth! We are definitely in a Spiritual Battle but we don't have to "fight", Jesus fought for us already and defeated the devil, he is a defeated foe. All you need to do is STAND on God's Word. Stand on top of that ground that has your seed of truth inside and let it take root! Understand, I'm not trying to say this is all so easy. No, our flesh get's in the way all too often. Our circumstances keep yelling (like a Roaring Lion, but the Lion can ONLY roar because he has NO teeth!) So ROAR BACK with the Word of God! ;)

View Post

Amen!

#11 Teejay

Teejay

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1497 posts
  • Christian
  • Texas

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:38 AM

I just wanted to elaborate on something I said in a response to another post on the Evolution vs Creation section about Healing.

I suffered with quite a few things in my adolescent and young adult life like rashes all over my body, itching, abdominal problems and heart problems for many years. It was a very difficult time in my life, especially as a Christian having faith in a Good God who loves us. However, I've been completely healed from all of it for several years now! Since then, I've been privy to other's being healed as well.

Now many Christians, like Bex, may wonder why you and not me? I know I did many times ask that myself. I too related it to, well it's God's will, He knows what's best for me.

Now what I'm about to say, MANY Christians have difficulty in Receiving and it is NOT my intention to cause offense especially to believers. I will say this though, keep in mind that I was sick with several physical problems BEFORE and NOW I am not. Something CHANGED in my MIND! I had a RENEWING that occurred that God showed me and shows every believer in His own word.

I wasn't healed because I was somehow "more" special than another believer.
I wasn't healed because I had a "closer" relationship with God.
I wasn't healed because I was a "sinless" believer.
I wasn't healed because I was reading my Bible and Praying everyday either.

Then what did I do to get God to heal me? Many may be wondering. The answer is both "simple" and at the same time "complicated" or "difficult".

It's "difficult" because it's "simple". I, like many Christians, believed "I" had to "DO" something to either get God's attention or to get Him to do something for me. Maybe if I pray more. Maybe if I read His word more. Maybe if I did this or that then God may find it in His heart to heal me or change His mind and heal me. Then I'd feel condemned for feeling this way because I wasn't agreeing with His will for me to be sick. If you can relate to any of this, then you know I've been there too.

The renewing of my mind started as I kept reading the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) and noticed something very interesting. In ALL of the Gospels we are told that Jesus healed ALL who CAME TO HIM. Now many Christians might respond with, well of course He's Jesus, He can do that. What you might have missed is the TRUTH that NOT ONE did He EVER decide NOT to heal! It didn't matter what the ailment or sickness was or even if they were dead. If they came to Him He healed them.

Much more than this, I noticed something else (or rather the Holy Spirit revealed something else) ALL of these people were NOT Christians.
Now many Christians may respond with, of course they weren't, Christ did not die for our sins yet. What you may have missed however is that THAT is exactly the point. They didn't HAVE to be Christians. (Why that's blasphemous, No it's the TRUTH!) Were these people Christans? No, they were not. In fact, they were STILL in their sins and YET Christ Healed them.

I remember thinking, wait a minute THAT is NOT fair God!!! They're not even Christians and yet Jesus healed them, ALL of them! Not one person did Jesus ever say, sorry but God has something better in mind for you and that's why you must continue to suffer in your sickness. No, Jesus NEVER said ANYTHING like that! Never! He even healed the Centurions servent, never coming to visit.

Now this is the part that is very simple and yet difficult for most (because it's so simple) to believe. Yes, it DOES require FAITH to be healed BUT, you cannot have faith in something if you don't believe it's GOD'S WILL for you to have it! Did you catch that? That's where the Renewing must occur. You must understand that it IS God's WILL FOR YOU TO BE HEALED!!! If you don't understand that important TRUTH then it will be difficult for you to have faith in it. You see, all those people who came to Jesus KNEW IT WAS HIS WILL TO HEAL! So if Jesus is the SAME yesterday, today and forever then what's going on?

What's going on is that most Christians don't really believe that it's God's WILL TO HEAL or they wouldn't be sick in the first place, right? I know, I too thought like this once. If God want's me healed then He would have healed me already or why let me get sick? There's a culprit who is trying to hide in the shadows of all this, Satan!

Who comes to STEAL, KILL and DESTROY? (Satan) Who came to GIVE us LIFE and life MORE Abundant? (JESUS) Who made Job sick? Was it God? NO, it was Satan! You see? Satan is trying to ROB us from what Jesus GAVE to us through His death and that most certainly includes HEALING! Now you might be wondering, well why did God allow Satan to do that to us? God DIDN'T! But what does God tell us? You shall KNOW the TRUTH and the TRUTH shall MAKE YOU FREE!!! You see, God gave us His word, His Truth and it's Satan who is trying to blind us from it. The Truth tells us that SATAN the THEIF comes to steal, kill and destroy. The Truth tells us that JESUS came to GIVE us LIFE and life MORE abundant. That is what God's word tells us. God's word also tells us how Jesus Healed ALL who came to Him. They came to Him because they BELIEVED that it was His will to heal them and so they knew He would. How many times did Jesus ask, Do you BELIEVE that I can do this? They said yes.

Most Christians believe Jesus CAN heal but they may not understand His WILL or even DESIRE that they BE HEALED! And unless you can understand that, it will be difficult to have faith to receive that. Don't be condemned however just read the Truth and allow it to FREE your mind. Decide NOT to allow Satan to steal from you what God gave to you through His Son anymore!

God GAVE His word to tell us the truth and this is the truth. Once I realized that it was God's will even desire that I be healed, once I realized that Jesus died to provide that to me, I was instantly healed of my itching and rash however the other things took another year. It took another year because Satan was still trying to steal it from me, but I would have none of it. I just kept professing God's word and thanking God for healing me. I started finding other scriptures that confirmed this as well like , by His stripes we WERE (past tense) Healed.

I pray you receive this with Joy. Of course, don't take a "man's" word for it, take God at HIS word. Remember, Jesus Healed ALL who came to Him. If it was His will then, then it IS His will NOW! He is the same yesterday, today and forever.

View Post

Seth,

I'm glad that you no longer have these sicknesses. But, I am opening this up to further discussion with the hope of causing Christians to rethink if God is in the miracle working business today.

Question: How do you know that your recovery from these illnesses was caused by God? The reason I ask, is that when miracles accurred in the Bible, no one had to ask if God did it or, for that matter, was that a miracle? Many people recover from illnesses without God's help. God gave us a body that is miraculous in a sense in that it has remarkable self-healing properties.

TeeJay

#12 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:19 AM

Question: How do you know that your recovery from these illnesses was caused by God? The reason I ask, is that when miracles accurred in the Bible, no one had to ask if God did it or, for that matter, was that a miracle? Many people recover from illnesses without God's help. God gave us a body that is miraculous in a sense in that it has remarkable self-healing properties.

Nobody got sick until Adam sinned, either. Therefore, every sickness is a miraculous curse from God. :D

#13 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:25 AM

Sorry Guys, but Paul's thorn was a torment to keep him humble. Christs' glory cannot be revealed in us if we are proud and Jesus chose Paul for that purpose if he liked it or not. Apparently, he had second thoughts a few times and was tormented into submission. That example is also analogous to Jacob being struck on the hip. It made him depend on God to survive.

Enjoy.

#14 Teejay

Teejay

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1497 posts
  • Christian
  • Texas

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:56 PM

Nobody got sick until Adam sinned, either. Therefore, every sickness is a miraculous curse from God. :D

View Post

Jason,

I guess I should give a definition of a miracle. Webster's Dictionary defines a miracle as "a deviation from the known laws of nature, a supernatural event." But that's a secular definition, and, as a Christian, I would like to expand it a bit.

In the Bible there are physical and spiritual miracles. When angelic beings, against their will, obey humans, this runs contrary to normal course of events in the spiritual realm. Jesus refers to the casting out of demons as a miracle (Mark 9:38-39 as well as Luke in Acts 8:6-7; 19:11-12).

Now, why did nobody get sick prior to the Fall? Apparently, the fruit from the Tree of Life (symbolic of Jesus Christ) prevented this.

"Then the Lord God said, 'Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and LIVE FOREVER'" (Gen. 3:22). If God had let Adam and Eve continue to eat from this tree, they would have lived forever in their fallen state. In their fallen state, they would only become more evil the longer they lived.

We also see the healing powers of this Tree in Revelation 22:2 in the new Jerusalem: "In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the HEALING OF THE NATIONS."

I don't know that I agree that "every sicknes is a miraculous curse from God." The Bible says that if you are a drunkard and live a sinful life, then you will reap the results of unhealthy living. God does not have to intervene to make it happen. It's the law of cause and effect. Bad living results in unintended consequences.

When Adam ate from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, he died spiritually and then as time went on he died physically. Without the fruit from the Tree of Life, we die. Without Jesus Christ, we die. By the Tree of Knowledge is the knowledge of sin. Paul writes that "by the law is the knowledge of sin." God warned, "Do not partake of the Tree of Knowledge, for in the day you partake of it you will die." Paul also warned not to partake of the law. For by the law no flesh will be justified. Paul called the law, "the ministry of death engraved in stone." What replaces the law and the Tree of Knowledge? I let you think about that before I answer.

When we accept Jesus Christ, we are saved spiritually. But, as Jesus said, "The time is coming... when all the dead will rise--some to eternal glory and some to eternal damnation.

But let's stay on point. We must HONESTLY ask and HONESTLY answer whether real miracles are happening today? I argue that God refrains from doing miracles because miracles have negative results.

TeeJay

#15 jason

jason

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Christian
  • florida

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:28 PM

View Post

Jason,

I guess I should give a definition of a miracle. Webster's Dictionary defines a miracle as "a deviation from the known laws of nature, a supernatural event." But that's a secular definition, and, as a Christian, I would like to expand it a bit.

In the Bible there are physical and spiritual miracles. When angelic beings, against their will, obey humans, this runs contrary to normal course of events in the spiritual realm. Jesus refers to the casting out of demons as a miracle (Mark 9:38-39 as well as Luke in Acts 8:6-7; 19:11-12).

Now, why did nobody get sick prior to the Fall? Apparently, the fruit from the Tree of Life (symbolic of Jesus Christ) prevented this.

"Then the Lord God said, 'Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and LIVE FOREVER'" (Gen. 3:22). If God had let Adam and Eve continue to eat from this tree, they would have lived forever in their fallen state. In their fallen state, they would only become more evil the longer they lived.

We also see the healing powers of this Tree in Revelation 22:2 in the new Jerusalem: "In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the HEALING OF THE NATIONS."

I don't know that I agree that "every sicknes is a miraculous curse from God." The Bible says that if you are a drunkard and live a sinful life, then you will reap the results of unhealthy living. God does not have to intervene to make it happen. It's the law of cause and effect. Bad living results in unintended consequences.

When Adam ate from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, he died spiritually and then as time went on he died physically. Without the fruit from the Tree of Life, we die. Without Jesus Christ, we die. By the Tree of Knowledge is the knowledge of sin. Paul writes that "by the law is the knowledge of sin." God warned, "Do not partake of the Tree of Knowledge, for in the day you partake of it you will die." Paul also warned not to partake of the law. For by the law no flesh will be justified. Paul called the law, "the ministry of death engraved in stone." What replaces the law and the Tree of Knowledge? I let you think about that before I answer.

When we accept Jesus Christ, we are saved spiritually. But, as Jesus said, "The time is coming... when all the dead will rise--some to eternal glory and some to eternal damnation.

But let's stay on point. We must HONESTLY ask and HONESTLY answer whether real miracles are happening today? I argue that God refrains from doing miracles because miracles have negative results.

TeeJay

View Post

so healings have negative effects.shoot one would think that can save a soul.

isnt my testimony in part a healing? yup.

#16 Teejay

Teejay

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1497 posts
  • Christian
  • Texas

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:41 PM

so healings have negative effects.shoot one would think that can save a soul.

Jason,

Sadly, a careful survey of all the miracles that God performed in the Bible, had a negative effect. Why? Because if one has a hard heart towards God and they refuse to believe, a miracle proves him wrong and shoves the truth in his face. People do not love you when you prove them wrong.

Just a few examples: Egypt saw undeniable miracles when God destroyed their country through Moses. Yet, there is no Biblical record of the Pharoah or any of the Egyiptians repenting and admitting that Moses' God was the real deal.

The Jews that came out of Egiypt were shown countless miracles for 40 years in the wilderness. Yet, they all died in unbelief on the wilderness floor.

The cities where Jesus did most of His miracles totally rejected Him. When He raised Lazarus from the dead, they immediately made plans to kill Him.

God dispenses miracles when he is ordaining a new prophet or a new program. At the beginning of Paul's grace ministry, God gave Paul and his converts tongues and miracles. This was God's stamp of approval that Paul was legit.

Towards the end of Paul's ministry, no miracles are mentioned. In fact, Paul writes that he had to leave one of his helpers "near death" and proceed without him.

Also, if someone believes after seeing a miracle, that's not faith; it's a logical conclusion of the mind. We get no points from God without faith.

No person has ever been miraculously healey who is on an organ donor list. Check it out.

We see stiff legs and lumbago healed on Benny Hynn, but no blind or truly lcrippled. If you are truly totally blind or crippled, and you go to a Benny Hynn concert, you will not get on stage in front of the TV camera. The only people who get on stage are people who have minor illnesses.

isnt my testimony in part a healing? yup.

View Post

Your body healed, but you can't know for sure if God did it. God did it to the degree that He gave us a awesome body that can heal itself. And many times, this happens. But unless we know for sure, we should not speak for God. When God does miracles, He takes credit for it, lets people know, so they will be without excuse if they reject Him.

TeeJay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users