ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:23 PM

Turned on my pc the other day and it said that this copy of vista is not genuine. PC is an HP and the OS is original as far as I know. I have used the PC for almost 2 years now and this just pops up out of the blue.

My opinion: I think Microsoft is trying to get people to upgrade to windows 7 by making them frustrated with their current OS.

But after searching the web I ran into a fix:

1) Open an Internet Browser window.
2) Type: %windir%\system32 into the browser address bar.
3) Find the file CMD.exe
4) Right-Click on CMD.exe and select 'Run as Administrator'
5) Type: net stop slsvc (it may ask you if you are sure, select yes)
6) Type: cd %windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareLicensing
7) Type: rename tokens.dat tokens.bar
8) Type: cd %windir%\system32
9) Type: net start slsvc
10) Type: cscript slmgr.vbs -rilc (It may take a long time for this to complete, please be patient)
11) Restart your computer twice.
12) You may be required to enter the Product Key and/or Activate (By Phone).

And you can copy and paste all of this into where ever it needs to go. And it fixed my PC. And this might work with other OSes like xp and windows 7.

If you did not get a CD with your computer where the product key would normally be, your product key is on your computer case (look for a sticker). The key is about 20 characters long with dashes about every 5 characters. You have to enter it correctly, if it asks, or it will not work.

#2 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 22 January 2011 - 03:52 AM

:wacko: I had a laptop with vista for about five or six months, I became so frustrated with it that I sold it and bought a new one with Seven. I haven't had ANY of the problems I had with vista.

I must say this though, I'd much rather have XP back!

#3 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 22 January 2011 - 09:04 PM

:)  I had a laptop with vista for about five or six months, I became so frustrated with it that I sold it and bought a new one with Seven. I haven't had ANY of the problems I had with vista.

I must say this though, I'd much rather have XP back!

View Post

Want to keep most of you PC problems at bay? Since I installed this free defrag program: http://majorgeeks.co...ad.php?det=6672

I very seldom have any problems. It's probably the best defragger out there. Computers I fix for other people I install this program and they are delighted because their problems stop.

Example: Just about every computer I repair and install this program, most of the customers say they use the windows defragger regularly. When I put this program on it and start the defrag, everytime anywhere from 50 to 98% of the files are fragmented. And they thought their computer was well maintained with windows defragger.

The windows defragger program is bull. They want you to have problems by the time an upgrade comes around so you will buy it. This is also why they will never come out with a perfect OS for your PC. To do so would mean no one would want the next upgrade. So instead they promise that each upgrade is better than the last OS.

Now since using the defragger on my vista, I have had no problems except that activate deal. so I'm happy. But I will be upgrading because I can get a legal copy free for fixing someone's computer. Going to 64 bit, so all my ram will be used.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users