• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:09 AM

I completely disagree. Scripture reference?

View Post

Jesus said that all sins are forgiven except blasphemy of the Holy Ghost. God is described as holy, but it isn't easy to see him that way because he can only set us free from sin at zero point (no thought, will, or desire of or own). "Unless you deny yourself you can not be my disciple" In which case, ignorance of the truth leaves us in a state of delusion that renders us enemies of God, while seeing him as one at the same time.

Even the righteous struggle knowing the truth. Job could have easily seen God as the devil for giving the devil authority to destroy his life and health. I once heard a testimony from a christian woman once who claimed God allowed satan to ruin her career by causing her car to not run. She said "God, you don't know where I am or even care." Then, she reached behind the seat and found a big sucker that said "I do know where you are and I do care."

As far as people that God hate; Anyone who is not covered by the blood of Jesus is dead. So, sin isn't an issue, but is the penalty sufficient, and the blood of Christ is sufficient to pay for that penalty.

But, receiving that blood does require faith and recognition of sin. Without faith, then God sees you as Adam and with faith he sees you as Christ. Never does God associate with any individual, only the counselor, the Holy Spirit sees us.

Enjoy.

#22 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:38 PM

I do not see that as a direct reply to my question... but thanks for replying.

Regrettably (as I hold you in high esteem and love your posts), I have to disagree with you again.

Never does God associate with any individual, only the counselor, the Holy Spirit sees us.

View Post

“O Hearer of prayer, even to you people of all flesh will come.”—Ps. 65:2.

“The desire of the meek ones you will certainly hear, O Jehovah. . . . You will pay attention with your ear.”—Ps. 10:17.

“There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all—this is what is to be witnessed to at its own particular times.”—1 Timothy 2:5, 6.

“As regards Jehovah, his eyes are roving about through all the earth to show his strength in behalf of those whose heart is complete toward him.” (2 Chronicles 16:9)

American Standard Version
For the eyes of Jehovah run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him.

“At that time those in fear of Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion, and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening. And a book of remembrance began to be written up before him for those in fear of Jehovah and for those thinking upon his name.” (Malachi 3:16)

Then they that feared Jehovah spake one with another; and Jehovah hearkened, and heard, and a book of remembrance was written before him, for them that feared Jehovah, and that thought upon his name.

#23 AFJ

AFJ

AFJ

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts
  • Interests:Bible, molecular biology, chemistry, mineralogy, geology, eschatology, history, family
  • Christian
  • Baton Rouge, LA

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:55 PM

I do not see that as a direct reply to my question... but thanks for replying.

Regrettably (as I hold you in high esteem and love your posts), I have to disagree with you again.
“O Hearer of prayer, even to you people of all flesh will come.”—Ps. 65:2.

“The desire of the meek ones you will certainly hear, O Jehovah. . . . You will pay attention with your ear.”—Ps. 10:17.

“There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all—this is what is to be witnessed to at its own particular times.”—1 Timothy 2:5, 6.

“As regards Jehovah, his eyes are roving about through all the earth to show his strength in behalf of those whose heart is complete toward him.” (2 Chronicles 16:9)

For the eyes of Jehovah run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him.

“At that time those in fear of Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion, and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening. And a book of remembrance began to be written up before him for those in fear of Jehovah and for those thinking upon his name.” (Malachi 3:16)

Then they that feared Jehovah spake one with another; and Jehovah hearkened, and heard, and a book of remembrance was written before him, for them that feared Jehovah, and that thought upon his name.

View Post

Personally, I try not to get 'hung up' on the Godhead, or as some call it the Trinity. Godhead is the scriptural term, used by Paul in Acts 17:29, Romans 1:20, Colossians 1:19 and Colossians 2:9...
For in him dwells all the fulness of the Godhead bodily... Col 2:9

That said, one must receive the essence of God's being by faith. You can only understand it in a limited way. If we think we can understand God in all His glory, we are sadly mistaken--so my attitude is just I accept the word of God I don't split hairs about it. I say what the apostles say, and leave it. There are scripures that say the Father is God. There are scriptures that say the Son is God. There scriptures use all three to talk about God -- the "Spirit of the Father," "the Spirit of Christ," and the "Holy Spirit." They are all one--I'm not arrogant to think I can figure out how 3 can be 1--but there is one God. But he is a God that is obviously in relationship within Himself--Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

Jesus promised that both he and the father would come and make their abode with us.

Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. Jn 14:23

But at the same time he said the Comforter ( parakletus--gk "helper") would come to us.

But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. John 16:7

I don't try to explain those two, nor do I believe it's a contradiction. How can Christ go the father, yet live in us--HE IS THE SON OF GOD, THE WORD OF GOD, THE LAMB OF GOD, AND GOD!! That's not a yell, it's a shout of praise!! :)

#24 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:26 PM

Thanks AFJ. In my first post, I disagreed that suicide was the only unforgivable sin. I believe that blaspheming the Holy Spirit is the only unforgivable sin.

In the most recent response to Jason I wasn't speaking about the Trinity... or I didn't think I was. I was speaking to the idea that only the Holy Spirit associates with the individual. Thank you for providing the scriptures. I will take the time to look at them closely.

Personally, I try not to get 'hung up' on the Godhead, or as some call it the Trinity.  Godhead is the scriptural term, used by Paul in Acts 17:29, Romans 1:20, Colossians 1:19 and Colossians 2:9... 
For in him dwells all the fulness of the Godhead bodily... Col 2:9
That said, one must receive the essence of God's being by faith.  You can only understand it in a limited way.  If we think we can understand God in all His glory, we are sadly mistaken--so my attitude is just I accept the word of God I don't  split hairs about it.   I say what the apostles say, and leave it. There are scripures that say the Father is God.  There are scriptures that say the Son is God.  There scriptures use all three to talk about God -- the "Spirit of the Father," "the Spirit of Christ," and the "Holy Spirit." They are all one--I'm not arrogant to think I can figure out how 3 can be 1--but there is one God.  But he is a God that is obviously in relationship within Himself--Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. 

Jesus promised that both he and the father would come and make their abode with us.

Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.  Jn 14:23

But at the same time he said the Comforter ( parakletus--gk "helper")  would come to us.

But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.  John 16:7

I don't try to explain those two, nor do I believe it's a contradiction.  How can Christ go the father, yet live in us--HE IS THE SON OF GOD, THE WORD OF GOD, THE LAMB OF GOD, AND GOD!!  That's not a yell, it's a shout of praise!! :)

View Post

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users