ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:08 PM

I am taking this from John Hagee's sermon that has been on tv for the last two weeks.

7 kinds of people God cannot save:

1. Those that trust in themselves — Now these must have missed the writings of Solomon in Proverbs 3:5,6 -- Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Those that trust in themselves have the mind that everything that they have achieved in life was done on their own. No glory, tribute or thanks is given to God for the bestowal of blessings that has become bounty for our needs. Salvation can only come by your trust and faith in God. Many have turned downed the invitation because you fail to trust God. If you find that you have wondered down the wrong paths in life — if you will carefully search your past — one will find that you trusted in "yourself" and not in God.

2. The self righteous — The holiness of the Pharisees caused them to attack your character with the tongue. These were so holy that they felt that they would become infected by the presence of others. I’ve found that those that are righteous do not live by nor do they feel that they need the Word of God (omitting parts they don't like or disagree with). These have not submitted themselves to the righteousness of God — but have rewrote God’s laws of righteousness to fit their own life styles.

3. Those that will not believe — Not only has non-belief been a problem encountered by man in the biblical days -- but even today man is still plagued with the stigma of unbelief. More people will die and go to hell because of unbelief thing, then anything else.
From the beginning of time there has been unbelievers.
Eve - Gen. 3:4-6
Moses and Aaron - Num 20:12
The Israelites - Deut. 9:23
The people of Jericho - Heb. 11:31
Naaman in II kgs. 5:12
The Disciples of Jesus - Lk. 24:11, 41-45
Zacharies - Lk.1:20
The chief Priest, Lk. 22:67
the half brothers of Jesus - Jhn. 7:5
Thomas - Jhn. 20:25
Jews in Jerusalem - Rm. 15:31
The Church at Ephesus - Acts 19:9
Belief of the only way to salvation. Rms. 10:9 If thou will confess with thou mouth the Lord Jesus and believe with thine heart that god has raised has raised Him for the dead, thou shalt be saved.

4. Those that proudly justify themselves — Believing that their motives are right, no matter what the situation is. These like to boast unto God and man the things that they have done in life.

5. Those that pray with themselves — these that pray - direct their prayers to their surroundings and not unto God. Their belief falls on or is centered around idol gods, their money, the security of their jobs, what they own etc...

6. Those that exalt themselves — These not submitting to the conviction of the Spirit — place themselves above the Word of God — whereas the word has become novels, fables, wise tales, and myths. given throughout a period of history.

7. Those that do not confess their sin. — These put to naught the death, burial and resurrection of Christ.

Now I know someone out there is thinking within themselves that these don’t fit — or that you don’t fall into this category — but as I read these scriptures I found that there are three types of Pharisees —

There is the Racial Pharisee — those that just can’t stand others because they don’t look as good as you, skin color and race is a big problem.
There is the Social Pharisee — those that look down their noses, and the only time they will help someone is when recognition is given.
There is the Intellectual Pharisee — those that think that they know everything, and will make sure that everyone else knows that they know this.

Just before your minds get to relaxed — here are eight ways to know if you are a pharisee;
1. When you lack the ability to receive correction
2. When you boost of yourself
3. When you only see the wrong in others
4. When you feel that you have to fix others (let me take the mote out of your eye)
5. When you feel that you are closer to God than anyone else
6. When your prayer is a prayer of performance to impress others
7. When you want recognition for everything that you do
8. When you have a critical spirit — always criticizing others — no matter what the situation

End of sermon excerpt.

#2 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:15 AM

Added comments about John Hagee's sermon:

People who do these things can also fall under the reprobate curse:

Romans 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

A reprobate mind is someone whom cannot tell between truth and lies, right from wrong. God does this to the person because they once knew the truth, but rejected that truth for the lie. And in turn used that lie to mock God and make God look like a liar. As the verse below conforms this.

Titus 1:16 They profess* that they know God; but in works they deny him**, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

There is a big difference between professing Christ*, and actually possessing Christ. Anyone can claim they know Christ, but claiming does not make it so. One has to ask Christ into their hearts, and Then: Walk the walk and Talk the talk. Anything less puts into question whether a true conversion ever took place. But only God can truly determine this.

Works that deny** are any works that put a person's faith in God's word in jeopardy. It's basically denial of the literal true meaning of God's word.

Those who deny the supernatural also deny that their is any spiritual warfare. God's word says:
Romans 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

Denying the supernatural powers of God, opens the door for a pharisee spirit to enter. This starts the person down the path of denial to the point they may even lose their salvation because they "err from the truth". How far can one "err from the truth?

James 5:19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

They will find things and believe things that help them in this denial. Confining their belief mainly to the natural while not realizing that a Pharisee Spirit is controlling them from the Supernatural in order to keep them blind to any truth.

The Pharisee Spirit also makes a person make up their own standards, therefore making their own way. They believe that their own beliefs, whether or not written in scripture, comes true and changes all realities. They believe that some how they will skate by and everyone else whom disagrees is in danger of eternal damnation. Or that salvation is a form of universalism which means only those whom committed "really bad" sins, in their eyes, goes to hell. While everyone else who was good enough (little sins) goes to Heaven. Making their own ways, and using their own interpretations, means they have made their own god in their own mind. Their thoughts, their rules, and their standards become their god. And they control their own destiny regardless of what the Bible tells them, or if anyone even tries to correct them with it. And in turn they have broken the first command.

Basically, a Pharisee Spirit is where Christian is drawn to humanism which puts their salvation in danger.

Part of the lure of allowing the Pharisee Spirit to control one's life, is that it makes a person think they have a untold power to tell everyone else they are wrong. And through their interpretation they become the controller of their own destination. And when someone tries to correct them, they will use exactly what they are doing wrong, to point out the other person is wrong for even trying to correct them (that's your interpretation). They will use what they believe to separate themselves from others in the Body of Christ. They become their own shepherd, and skip the idea that they were ever sheep (sheep are to stupid and uneducated). And if they allow themselves to really get involved into doing what the Pharisee Spirit guides them into doing, they also become their own Prophet. Claiming the Holy Spirit guides them even though it's the Pharisee spirit. Which could be considered blasphemy when it's used to guide others into the same false doctrine.

#3 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:45 AM

The person who has a Pharisee Spirit will also attack the believer's cohesion to God, which is faith. The goal is to make to much faith look stupid, ignorant, and unaccepted by those whom deem themselves more intellectual. They will try to dissolve the faith cohesion to God by saying things like: That's blind faith, you are a finactic etc.... To make the believer embarrassed about their strong faith. Even though God's word makes it very clear to test out every doctrine.

After claiming it's blind faith, the person with the Pharisee Spirit will then use un-scriptural correction and claim or imply that it is scriptural. Leading the sheep, if they follow, into the wrong direction.

How to tell a Pharisee doctrine, is when it requires a person to change their belief from the Word of God ever so slightly to start the process to lay the foundation of doubt. They can always make what they believe seem true by mixing truth with the untruth. The Pharisee doctrine always appeals more to the flesh than it does the spirit. It makes you feel warm and cozy right where you are in your belief. And makes it to where you don't ever feel the need to do any kingdom works for the Harvest. And that anyone whom does take the belief seriously, is just a fanatic, justifying Pharisee's inaction's. Basically making the right thing to do, look stupid and wrong. Along with the people who do it.

The Pharisee spirit makes a person not want to rise above the rest to do the right thing. To only be satisfied with being among their peers and those like minded. Their goal is to be more friends with the world and what's politically correct, then with God or the Body of Christ. And they are at more conflict with believers than those of this world. God makes it very clear:

James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Because salvation is also considered a Marriage covenant (Christ being the Bridegroom), when one enters and strays (errs from truth). They are considered adulterers and adulteresses. So the Pharisee, making themselves more friendly with the world become adulterers and adulteresses to the covenant of salvation. Which in turn makes them an enemy of God.

The Pharisee Spirit makes a person in denial of truth. When the truth of God's word is presented to them, they will either ignore it (dodging the scripture), or justify what they believe by saying: "That's your interpretation". Finding truth requires one to research all things. And "be happy" for correction because it brings the person closer to the truth.

The Pharisee Spirit also makes a person look at doctrine more than the Word of God. In the face of truth and correction, they will "always" choose doctrine. Basically making their man made doctrine their god, and everyone Else's doctrine wrong by comparison. Not ever confessing that there are no perfect doctrines, churches, denominations, preachers, or Christians. Making doctrine god in their life implies that their doctrine is the only perfect truth so no correction would ever be needed. These types of Pharisees will usually imply that everyone that does not believe exactly as they do (their doctrinal god), will go to Hell.

#4 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:33 AM

The Pharisee Spirit can make the person fear what is on the spiritual side. And in justification of that fear they will mock anyone or anything connected to it. They will mock Preachers that heal through the power of God, and find excuses as to the reason it cannot be done. basically denying one of the reason Christ shed His blood for us. They will deny prayers getting answered, denying that God even hears His people's request. They will deny the Holy Ghost coming upon people and making them fall upon the floor and act under the spirit. Even though the Bible speaks of both water and spiritual baptism.

They will justify their denial of the spiritual power by claiming nothing has ever happened to them. Not realizing that denial of that power puts up a spiritual wall against that power from happening to them unless they repent and ask forgiveness of that denial.

They think TV preachers are all frauds, even though only God can have such knowledge or make such judgments. And they say these things while sitting on the outside, and are unwilling to do anything themselves but are quick to mock anyone whom does. Some memorize the faults of others so that when the subject comes up, they can destroy that person's character with their toxic tongue. Their subjects of the toxic tongue is so well rehearsed they do it before they even realize what they have done. And their words of destruction leave their mouths without them even having to think about what they are saying. Their hate for anyone whom dares use the spiritual power or knowledge, giving to them through the promises of God, is so over whelming, they will make false accusations in the attempt to justify their inability to do the same thing or receive the same thing.

They are quick to make fun of things they do not understand. And will act as if they are the foremost authority on why these things are frauds. Even though when pinned down, they have zero evidence for what they claim or imply. And if someone challenges them, they automatically become the target of the Pharisee's toxic tongue. Their toxic tongue is their only defense because they actually know they are wrong, but are unwilling to admit it. Because if they were so high in mighty in truth and knowledge, the toxic tongue would not be needed because they could prove what they claim. But they cannot, so to save face they do this.

#5 performedge

performedge

Don - a Child of the King

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Interests:Being a logician. Debating the origins controversy. Going to heaven. Taking others with me. Seeing the creator.
  • Christian
  • Rock Hill, SC

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:28 AM

The Pharisee Spirit also makes a person look at doctrine more than the Word of God. In the face of truth and correction, they will "always" choose doctrine. Basically making their man made doctrine their god, and everyone Else's doctrine wrong by comparison. Not ever confessing that there are no perfect doctrines, churches, denominations, preachers, or Christians. Making doctrine god in their life implies that their doctrine is the only perfect truth so no correction would ever be needed. These types of Pharisees will usually imply that everyone that does not believe exactly as they do (their doctrinal god), will go to Hell.

View Post

You have spoken alot of truth in your dissertation.

#6 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:51 PM

You have spoken alot of truth in your dissertation.

View Post

Watching Hagee's sermon brought a lot of conviction to place it here. Then add to it. And because it's so in the face of what's wrong with a lot of people from both sides, I don't expect many will respond. So the thread is more of a seed planter then a discussion.

#7 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:16 PM

Watching Hagee's sermon brought a lot of conviction to place it here. Then add to it. And because it's so in the face of what's wrong with a lot of people from both sides, I don't expect many will respond. So the thread is more of a seed planter then a discussion.

View Post

I think that it is a very good sermon, and yes it does cover what so many of us need to work on: Non-Christians, Christians of various denominations. I plan to print this thread out. Thanks for sharing.

#8 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

Administrator / Forum Owner

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2395 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:39 PM

I think I understand the gist of the sermon, but generally disagree with it since there really is only one "unpardonable" sin, the unabated refusal to believe. To me the sermon paints, perhaps unwittingly, too much a picture of "works" salvation. Most of the items he mentions, give me enough time and I can give you an example of a former unbeliever who will tell you they were in the mentioned state of mind before they eventually came to the truth. Items 4 & 5 would pretty much mean a heaven barren of any humans. :lol:

Fred

#9 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:57 PM

I think I understand the gist of the sermon, but generally disagree with it since there really is only one "unpardonable" sin,

View Post

Oh, I didn't take it that way.

#10 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:44 PM

I think I understand the gist of the sermon, but generally disagree with it since there really is only one "unpardonable" sin, the unabated refusal to believe. To me the sermon paints, perhaps unwittingly, too much a picture of "works" salvation. Most of the items he mentions, give me enough time and I can give you an example of a former unbeliever who will tell you they were in the mentioned state of mind before they eventually came to the truth. Items 4 &  5 would pretty much mean a heaven barren of any humans. :)

Fred

View Post

No one can do good works to get salvation, and I don't get that from the sermon. What I do get is it points out that to many Christians don't do the "kingdom" works God tells us all to do. Good can never defeat evil if the good stand by and do nothing.

There are actually 3 unforgiven sins.

fWDOcEyV-_E

#11 JoshuaJacob

JoshuaJacob

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Christian
  • Ponchatoula, Louisiana

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:58 PM

I thought there was only one unforgivable sin, which is taking your own life. Definitely something to ponder.

#12 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:00 AM

I thought there was only one unforgivable sin, which is taking your own life. Definitely something to ponder.

View Post

I completely disagree. Scripture reference?

#13 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 29 January 2011 - 02:15 AM

I completely disagree. Scripture reference?

View Post

Well it's more provable by logic because scripture is not going to come right out and say it.

Example:
1) Can you repent of suicide?
2) How can one ask for forgiveness after it's done?

But one cannot be 100% absolutely sure because only God knows. But if you look at how the logic of how God works, it looks that way.

Also something else to ponder. In the cult about the Heavens Gate: http://en.wikipedia......igious_group)

They all committed suicide because they believed the earth was about to be renewed and all life would be destroyed. And this was their way of entering Heaven. If God allowed suicide as a means to do this, then mass suicides would be the easy way out to leave a world that so many do not like.

heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Having an "appointed" time to die means that suicide also messing up God's time-line for your life. And since it's going against God's will, it is probably considered a sin to do so. In a way it could also be looked upon as murder.

Thou shalt not kill.

Taking one's own life is killing yourself.

But like I said, we cannot be 100% sure. But the Bible seems to point in that direction.

#14 JoshuaJacob

JoshuaJacob

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Christian
  • Ponchatoula, Louisiana

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:02 AM

That's what i mean, You cant go back and change anything after You have taken your own life, so once You do it its done. If someone is saved after they have done something that's bad (lets say an unforgivable sin) wouldn't God forgive them once they have repented and they truly meant it in their heart?

We know that murder can be forgiven as Paul is an example of that but murdering Your own life is something You cant repent for because you cant repent it after You do it.

Anyways I always thought it was the one thing that You couldn't be forgiven of after You did it. I'm probably wrong :)

#15 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 29 January 2011 - 01:00 PM

No hope for any perpetuators of suicide is not consistent with God's perfect justice. Why should a murderer be forgiven simply due to having more time available for repentance? Issac has a point about people who decide to commit suicide so that they can get out of trials or work and try to get a free pass. We don't know individual circumstances. God does.

Acts 24:15 "I have the same hope in God that these men have, that he will raise both the righteous and the unrighteous."

Would not someone who is truly agnostic... due to lack of knowledge or lack of understanding be included in this scripture and therefore have a different hope than that of an animal?

Would not someone who committed suicide due to mental illness, etc. be given that second chance just as a murderer or innocent ignorant would?

If we can see the good in people who have committed suicide and wish to have them back with us, how much more so will our Heavenly Father? God is Love. He sees more good in people than we ever could.

I enjoyed seeing more on this scripture and similar verses here: http://bible.cc/acts/24-15.htm

#16 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:30 PM

No hope for any perpetuators of suicide is not consistent with God's perfect justice. Why should a murderer be forgiven simply due to having more time available for repentance? Issac has a point about people who decide to commit suicide so that they can get out of trials or work and try to get a free pass. We don't know individual circumstances. God does.
Acts 24:15 "I have the same hope in God that these men have, that he will raise both the righteous and the unrighteous."

Would not someone who is truly agnostic... due to lack of knowledge or lack of understanding be included in this scripture and therefore have a different hope than that of an animal?

Would not someone who committed suicide due to mental illness, etc. be given that second chance just as a murderer or innocent ignorant would?

If we can see the good in people who have committed suicide and wish to have them back with us, how much more so will our Heavenly Father? God is Love. He sees more good in people than we ever could.

I enjoyed seeing more on this scripture and similar verses here: http://bible.cc/acts/24-15.htm

View Post

Mental illness would make them innocent because:

jas 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

If the person knows it's wrong and does it anyway, then....

#17 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 30 January 2011 - 07:04 AM

Mental illness would make them innocent because:

jas 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

If the person knows it's wrong and does it anyway, then....

View Post

Yes, of course, not everyone who commits suicide deserves forgiveness... but Christ can judge that. We can't.

#18 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

Administrator / Forum Owner

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2395 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:03 AM

That's what i mean, You cant go back and change anything after You have taken your own life, so once You do it its done. If someone is saved after they have done something that's bad (lets say an unforgivable sin) wouldn't God forgive them once they have repented and they truly meant it in their heart?

We know that murder can be forgiven as Paul is an example of that but murdering Your own life is something You cant repent for because you cant repent it after You do it.

Anyways I always thought it was the one thing that You couldn't be forgiven of after You did it. I'm probably wrong  :D

View Post

I believe scripture says you are wrong on this one. :) Committing suicide is just another sin of the flesh, its murder and selfishness. But its of the flesh, and any sin of the flesh has already been crucified with Christ. The Christian who commits suicide will not be condemned for this fleshly act, any more than a man lusting after a woman walking down the street causes him to crash and die is.

Romans 7 (in addition to plenty of other passages, esp. Galations) is an excellent passage to read that should be a good proof-text against ANY flesh sin as "unforgivable". Notice toward the end where the apostle Paul says:

Rom 7:15-18 For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells;

I see no passage in scripture that a Christian saved by the blood of Jesus Christ will be condemned for any sin of the flesh. The more Christians realize they are not under the law, the less inclined they will be enticed to break it.

Fred

#19 Bex

Bex

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1066 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, friends/family, animals, health topics, auto/biographies, movies (horror, comedy, drama, whatever, just as long as it's good), music, video games (mainly survival horror, or survival/adventure types), crossword puzzles, books on real life crime/serial killers/etc. Prophecy/miracles/supernatural/hauntings etc, net surfing/forums etc.<br /><br />One of my favourite forums for information on many topics:<br /><br />http://orbisvitae.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • New Zealand

Posted 30 January 2011 - 12:09 PM

The unforgiveable sin to me seems like the sin of rejecting God's forgiveness/mercy. One whom is obstinate in their sin and puts up a deliberate wall to the workings of God's grace in their life. In a sense, they tie God's hands by refusing all means to be saved.

As for suicide? I'm careful with this one. Serious mental illness, physical illness/pain that maybe affecting a person's mind to such an extent that they do something they may never normally consider let alone go through with. Long term emotional/physical/S@xual abuse etc.

Only God can know the entire circumstances and the person in question enough to make a judgement on this one. We can only speculate.

Certainly, I would never advocate this as an option and I would try to dissuade anybody considering it and definitely warn them, because there is always the danger of such a person losing their soul. Nobody has the right to take a life, including their own. But those that have done so? again, we do not know the ultimate judgement each has received. The act maybe the same, but the circumstances and mental/emotional state differ in each case and God sees everything.

#20 JoshuaJacob

JoshuaJacob

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Christian
  • Ponchatoula, Louisiana

Posted 30 January 2011 - 01:28 PM

There are certain circumstances like mental illness which I didn't mention which could be forgiven. I looked up this verse and maybe it can shed some light.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17
16Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? 17If any man destroys the temple of God, God will destroy him, for the temple of God is holy, and that is what you are.

Suicide is a refusal on man's part to accept God's assignment if it proves difficult or unpleasant. God expects us to be faithful stewards of whatever responsibilities He lays upon us. The Christian must be willing to "suffer hardship" as a good soldier of Christ (2 Tim.2:3).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users