JoshuaJacob

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Ponchatoula, Louisiana

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:00 PM

For as long as I have used forums I could never figure out how to post a link but have my own words to the link. So my question is how do you do it?

#2 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:15 PM

For  as long as I have used forums I could never figure out how to post a link but have my own words to the link. So my question is how do you do it?

View Post

As far as I know.

[URL=http://www.yecheadquarters.org/]My website[/URL]

And it will look like this: My website

Anytime you want to see how someone did something, just click reply like you are going to reply. And you will see their code they used. And when you are finished, just hit the back button. You don't have to reply to look at their code. What the code is called technically in forum language is bbcode.

You see if everyone could use actual html code, anyone could hack the forum. bbcode is like code within a code. When you use a link code it tells the forum program to go find the html code for a link. Separating the members from being able to rewrite the forum program because it's a 2 step process instead of one.

Example: html to html means direct access to how the forum program is written.
bbcode to html means no direct access to how the forum program is written.

Another way to do this is: Click on the yellow "http://" button. Then enter your www address and click OK. Then enter the words you want to appear in place of the link in the next box that shows up. Click OK and your done.

#3 Teejay

Teejay

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1493 posts
  • Christian
  • Texas

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:27 PM

Help,

How do I reply to someone's long post without adding the long post to my post? I'm know that repeating someone's long post on my post takes up a lot of megabites (whatever they are)?

TeeJay

#4 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 06 August 2011 - 02:55 PM

Help,

How do I reply to someone's long post without adding the long post to my post? I'm know that repeating someone's long post on my post takes up a lot of megabites (whatever they are)?

TeeJay

At the very bottom of the thread page you are on, there is a "blue" button that says: Add reply. You click on that and it will not have any other posts connected to it. But, it's preferred to add at least the name of the member you are responding to.

Also, when you click reply where it adds the other members post in there. You can edit it anyway you like. Even up to deleting the other member's post just to make a reply without it. In other words, just because the member's post is included when you hit reply, does not mean you have to put his reply in it. So you highlight what you want to delete in his post, and hit the backspace button and it's all gone (the part you highlighted). Then you post what you want.

Now I have not used the multi-quote yet, which is a new option with the upgrade. So I don;t know how that part works. Also I believe Fred has unlimited bandwidth like I have on my site, so bandwidth is not an issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users