• Banned
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • New Age
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • Honolulu, Hawaii

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:13 AM

Hello there. I am Hytegia.
While browsing through the internet, I came across your site. I am glad to be able to exchange ideas and thoughts with other people around the world from different viewpoints...

I am an EOD in the United States Military, and am pursuing a degree in Medicine. I hope one day to be able to go to places where no one can afford health care, and provide it to them for free.

My interest is Truth, and nothing more. Not fallacious logic - nothing motivated by emotion or the bending.
I believe that Truth and Evidence speak for themselves, though people may not want to hear it.

This will be a fascinating site to participate in. :]

#2 Mike Summers

Mike Summers

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1727 posts
  • Interests:Information theory, electronics, videography, writing, human psychology, psychotherapy
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Detroit Michigan area

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:30 AM

Welcome
I have found it to be that way here. Never a dull moment with all the ideas being exchanged.

#3 Hytegia

Hytegia

Troll

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • New Age
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • Honolulu, Hawaii

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:57 AM

I have found that often to be the case...

Why are so many people with such high post counts banned?

If it was for inactivity I would like to know if I have to post however many months or so for this account to not be instantly banned or something.

#4 JoshuaJacob

JoshuaJacob

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Ponchatoula, Louisiana

Posted 03 February 2011 - 05:36 AM

Welcome to the forums

I believe people get banned because they broke the rules that are strictly enforced, You will get a warning and then a ban. If someone is a troll they will not last long.

#5 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:45 AM

Welcome to the forums

I believe people get banned because they broke the rules that are strictly enforced, You will get a warning and then a ban. If someone is a troll they will not last long.

View Post

Read the rules very carefully and head any warnings that you receive. :) ;)

Welcome.

#6 Hytegia

Hytegia

Troll

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • New Age
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • Honolulu, Hawaii

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:09 AM

View Post

I'm sorry. I didn't know that they were trolls. Some of them had an upwards of 1000 posts - I thought they were regular contributers.

Thank you, MamaElephant, JoshuahJacob, and Mike Summers!

#7 Bex

Bex

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1066 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, friends/family, animals, health topics, auto/biographies, movies (horror, comedy, drama, whatever, just as long as it's good), music, video games (mainly survival horror, or survival/adventure types), crossword puzzles, books on real life crime/serial killers/etc. Prophecy/miracles/supernatural/hauntings etc, net surfing/forums etc.<br /><br />One of my favourite forums for information on many topics:<br /><br />http://orbisvitae.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • New Zealand

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:28 PM

I'm sorry. I didn't know that they were trolls. Some of them had an upwards of 1000 posts - I thought they were regular contributers.

Thank you, MamaElephant, JoshuahJacob, and Mike Summers!

View Post

Some people were regular contributors, and decided to start pushing the boundaries of the forum rules as time went on. Sometimes it's a case of people showing their true colours over time, or generally frustration/contempt begin to show themselves and often they've been warned before and gone back to their ways despite second (or even more) chances.

#8 Mike Summers

Mike Summers

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1727 posts
  • Interests:Information theory, electronics, videography, writing, human psychology, psychotherapy
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Detroit Michigan area

Posted 03 February 2011 - 05:20 PM

Why are so many people with such high post counts banned?

If it was for inactivity I would like to know if I have to post however many months or so for this account to not be instantly banned or something.

Remember what Our Lord Jesus said about the Sabbath—that it was made for us and not us for it. I call that a thought pattern or matrix—a thinking pattern we can use in our thinking. Remember, how we treat each other is more important than the “ideas” we hold. Sometimes in a “heated” debate I stop and ask myself, “What will all this matter three hundred years from now?” This is called distancing. One estimate is that 80% our thinking is pure fiction. This is especially true of evolutionists! -_-

We can hold unrealistic analysis of past events, exaggerations of thief effects on the present plus our quite disconcerting talents at upsetting ourselves over things that have not yet happened (anxiety). Ever heard anyone say, “Boy if that happened to me I would really be upset.” We actually rehearse our deceptions like a demented actor.

Therefore, don’t take yourself or me all that seriously. My motto is something I learned from the Apostle Paul, 2Cor 10:5 "Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;" Think about your thinking before you write it or post it. Try to guess how someone that may not be converted will take what you say.

Read the rules of the forum. They allow us to express our ideas in a civil manner without unecessary verbal repriisals. Nobody is an idiot because they have idiotic thoughts. So try and point out the illogic of their thoughts and not call the person an idiot (ad homien). I try to remember that the person I am communicating with is owned by God even if they don't know that. Therfore because of respent and love for Our heavenly Father I want to be "helpers" of their joy. We already know how much God loves us. They don't. Many of them think they came from primodial soup!

In closing I remember a quote from a play I saw years ago called, The Prime of Miss Jean Brody. Jean, the heroin proclaims to a critcising peer, "My dear I had no idea you had to function under such an incredible level of trivia."

All the best
Mike

#9 Hytegia

Hytegia

Troll

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • New Age
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • Honolulu, Hawaii

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:55 PM

Therefore, don’t take yourself or me all that seriously. My motto is something I learned from the Apostle Paul, 2Cor 10:5  "Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;" Think about your thinking  before you write it or post it. Try to guess how someone that may not be converted will take  what you say.

View Post

That is a beautifully worded statement. It is seconded only to 2 Cor 5:7 or Psalms 23 (the latter was my favorite verse when I was a child).

I must say, though - I am not a Christian. I am a Wiccan. And I accept the Theory of Evolution. I do, however, believe that the Universe was brought about by a Creator. An inteligent entity.
But that shouldn't get in the way of civil and logical discussions. -_-
I would like to think that Evidence doesn't shift with what your beliefs are - it stands firm regardless of your religion (or lack thereof).

The only topics I will refuse to address or respond to are those of politics, or religion. Those are two things that, if discussed amoungst people, have never solved any issues - if not create more. It was one of those things that my grandparents taught me as a child and I never forgot it, nor strayed from it's wisdom.

#10 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:34 PM

Hi and welcome to the boards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users