Philosopher

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Pensacola, FL

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:36 PM

Hey everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself and say a few things about my history and testimony.

I am a young Earth Creationist. I believe that the Biblical timeline is valid and that the Earth was created in six days. I know a little bit of Hebrew but am by no means an expert. When I debate, even when it is about Science The Bible is my first authority. My angle in debating is to use knowledge and background of Science to compliment The Bible verses I quote.

I have been debating online and in person for years. Some atheists have found Christ because of it, the others that didn't, I hope they will later. I have been known by my friends to debate many people from talkorigins who purposely seek Creationist facebook pages to argue with every single link they make that favors Creationism. I will purposely search through Creationist pages looking for these people who think they are experts in all fields of Science because they read a few pages of talkorigins.

Right now I am working on chasing them out of this page: http://www.facebook....gid=73395913518

I took a big interest in Science since second grade, notably astronomy. While I am not a Scientist, Astronomy and Astrophysics are my most comfortable zone followed by Biology. I have read a host of books written by Creationist as well as a number of books written by Atheists. I also read a host of Science book, most pertain to astronomy or astrophysics. I find the universe outside of Earth to be very fascinating.

I got started in Creation Evangelism by a friend of my family named Kent H*vind. Some of you may of heard of him. He was a big factor in peaking my interest in Creationism. Before he came I was a theistic evolution, unaware of how the Creationist account and The Big Bang conflicted. In any event, he can be blamed for my conversion from theistic evolution to YCE when I was in sixth grade.

I sometimes felt like I was alone in arguing for the side of Creationism but then I found this website.

Thanks in advance for the welcome.

Jason

#2 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:58 PM

Hey everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself and say a few things about my history and testimony.

I am a young Earth Creationist. I believe that the Biblical timeline is valid and that the Earth was created in six days. I know a little bit of Hebrew but am by no means an expert. When I debate, even when it is about Science The Bible is my first authority. My angle in debating is to use  knowledge and background of Science to compliment The Bible verses I quote.

I have been debating online and in person for years. Some atheists have found Christ because of it, the others that didn't, I hope they will later. I have been known by my friends to debate many people from talkorigins who purposely seek Creationist facebook pages to argue with every single link they make that favors Creationism. I will purposely search through Creationist pages looking for these people who think they are experts in all fields of Science because they read a few pages of talkorigins.

Right now I am working on chasing them out of this page: http://www.facebook....gid=73395913518

I took a big interest in Science since second grade, notably astronomy. While I am not a Scientist, Astronomy and Astrophysics are my most comfortable zone followed by Biology. I have read a host of books written by Creationist as well as a number of books written by Atheists. I also read a host of Science book, most pertain to astronomy or astrophysics. I find the universe outside of Earth to be very fascinating.

I got started in Creation Evangelism by a friend of my family named Kent H*vind. Some of you may of heard of him. He was a big factor in peaking my interest in Creationism. Before he came I was a theistic evolution, unaware of how the Creationist account and The Big Bang conflicted. In any event, he can be blamed for my conversion from theistic evolution to YCE when I was in sixth grade.

I sometimes felt like I was alone in arguing for the side of Creationism but then I found this website.

Jason

View Post

Welcome Jason B)

#3 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:08 PM

Welcome to the forum.

#4 Spectre

Spectre

Philosopher

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Pensacola, FL

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:04 PM

I also forgot to say that I am writing a book on the Intelligent Design vs. Atheistic Evolution argument.

#5 Mike Summers

Mike Summers

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1697 posts
  • Interests:Information theory, electronics, videography, writing, human psychology, psychotherapy
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Detroit Michigan area

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:10 AM

Welcome Spectre :lol:

Your bacground reflects similarities with mine also. I have been a Christian for nearly fifty years now. Time goes by fast. I have found this a fair place where name calling and common errors in logic are not tolerated. I try to have all my bros backs. Hopefully, the things we do here will help others ,if not now, later come out of their deceptions. It's good to know that you have met with some positive results in that arena. I must warn you there are some tough cookies here.

My backgrouns is as some would say is quite diverse as I have worn many hats. I practice Cjristian psychotherapy called "brief iterventions". I am also a teacer but am currently on disability leave for a medical problem.

In college I worked for a law firm in downtown Chicago. They were patent & trademark attorneys. The building where their offices were was older but famous in the area. It was the first time I ever was in a building where there was no 13th floor. I used to joke that the thirteen floor must be very small so the elevator just ignored it and went from 12 to fourteen. :)

All the best
Mike

#6 Spectre

Spectre

Philosopher

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Pensacola, FL

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:32 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Mike, I hope that your medical issue isn't too serious, hope it gets better.

#7 Geode

Geode

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Mormon
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • Bangkok, Thailand

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:52 AM

I am a young Earth Creationist. I believe that the Biblical timeline is valid and that the Earth was created in six days. I know a little bit of Hebrew but am by no means an expert. When I debate, even when it is about Science The Bible is my first authority. My angle in debating is to use  knowledge and background of Science to compliment The Bible verses I quote.

Jason

View Post

Welcome to the board Jason.

#8 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 12 February 2011 - 11:48 PM

Hi Jason! Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users