Photo

What Is The Definition Of Hades As Used In The Scriptures?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:15 AM

I have no further comment here, just this one question.

#2 Teejay

Teejay

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1444 posts
  • Christian
  • Texas

Posted 23 March 2011 - 07:47 PM

I have no further comment here, just this one question.

View Post

Mama,

Hades and Hell are synonyms. But Sheol is the place of the dead or Abraham's bosom. All righteous men who died before the Cross went to Abraham's bosom to await Jesus's sacrifice. Both were in the earth, but there was a deep chasim separating Hell from Abraham's bodom. (Recall Lazarus and the rich man parable.) Jesus said, "No man has ascended to the Father...." While His body lay in the tomb, His spirit went to Sheol or Abraham's bosom and He "led captives free." Even though God deemed them not worthy of eternal damnation in Hades, they still had to accept Jesus' sacrifice before they could leave Abraham's bosom and enter heaven. Did any reject Jesus? Don't know. The Bible does not say. Although we can't imagine any rejecting Jesus, we can't imagine them rejecting Him now. But they do!

#3 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:36 AM

Mama,

Hades and Hell are synonyms.  But Sheol is the place of the dead or Abraham's bosom.  All righteous men who died before the Cross went to Abraham's bosom to await Jesus's sacrifice.  Both were in the earth, but there was a deep chasim separating Hell from Abraham's bodom.  (Recall Lazarus and the rich man parable.)  Jesus said, "No man has ascended to the Father...."  While His body lay in the tomb, His spirit went to Sheol or Abraham's bosom and He "led captives free."  Even though God deemed them not worthy of eternal damnation in Hades, they still had to accept Jesus' sacrifice before they could leave Abraham's bosom and enter heaven.  Did any reject Jesus?  Don't know.  The Bible does not say.  Although we can't imagine any rejecting Jesus, we can't imagine them rejecting Him now.  But they do!

View Post

I just now saw that you replied.

You are saying that Sheol and Hades are not synonymous. That is the question I needed answered. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users