Mar 4 2011 - 100m Years To Change A Binding Site

2 replies to this topic

#1 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

Administrator / Forum Owner

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2397 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:00 PM

What's a Binding Site and How Long to Evolve a Change? Real Science Friday co-hosts Fred Williams and Bob Enyart describe a binding site, which is a place on a protein or in DNA where other molecules can attach, somewhat like the shuttle docking to the space station. And according to an article at the National Institutes of Health, it would take 100 million years by a Darwinian process to change a single binding site in the human genome. Oops. Supposedly ALL OF HUMAN EVOLUTION from small Australopithecus chimp-like creatures to Homo sapiens has happened in only five million years. Then how could it take 100 million years just to change a binding site? This is yet another nail in Charles Darwin's coffin beneath the Westminster Abbey.

http://kgov.com/bel/20110304

You can also play it within this forum here:

[NOTE: If you are using Google Chrome the above plug-in may automatically start and also not provide play/pause and volume control.]

#2 AFJ

AFJ

AFJ

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
  • Interests:Bible, molecular biology, chemistry, mineralogy, geology, eschatology, history, family
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Baton Rouge, LA

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:17 AM

What's a Binding Site and How Long to Evolve a Change? Real Science Friday co-hosts Fred Williams and Bob Enyart describe a binding site, which is a place on a protein or in DNA where other molecules can attach, somewhat like the shuttle docking to the space station. And according to an article at the National Institutes of Health, it would take 100 million years by a Darwinian process to change a single binding site in the human genome. Oops. Supposedly ALL OF HUMAN EVOLUTION from small Australopithecus chimp-like creatures to Homo sapiens has happened in only five million years. Then how could it take 100 million years just to change a binding site? This is yet another nail in Charles Darwin's coffin beneath the Westminster Abbey.

http://kgov.com/bel/20110304

View Post

Of course, evolutionists will challenge the 100 million figure, but completely accept the 5 million. Because evolutionary biologists are infallable, and there are many more of them supposedly, and they have all the grant money, the media, the universitities, the peer review publications. What do those silly creationists know?

And any change in one would necessitate a change in others. If I change a bolt size, I have to have a different wrench, or bolt hole.

#3 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5334 posts
  • Interests:Completed BBiotech (Honours)

Currently studying Masters of Teaching.

Enjoys games of tactics and strategy.
  • (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:30 PM

Of course, evolutionists will challenge the 100 million figure, but completely accept the 5 million.  Because evolutionary biologists are infallable, and there are many more of them supposedly, and they have all the grant money, the media, the universitities, the peer review publications.  What do those silly creationists know?

And any change in one would necessitate a change in others.  If I change a bolt size, I have to have a different wrench, or bolt hole.

View Post

Exactly, this requires that mulitple mutations that correspond to each other be occuring at the same time, a problem in one will destroy the mechanism, halving the probability that it will occur with no deleterious effect.

Furthermore, to get corresponding mutations to occur in the same "species", at the relatively same time, and the same locality pushes this probability even lower.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users