Photo

Can A Person Live To Bad A Life And Not Be Savable?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 18 March 2011 - 01:23 AM

Can a person live to bad of a life and not be savable (receive salvation)? Here is a video of Jeffery Dahmer. After being shown creation as the Bible would tell it, he accepted Christ as he says below:

IjW7bezdddE

What would be your argument for or against Christ accepting Jeffery and giving him eternal life? Are the sins he committed unforgivable? And if so, why?

#2 Bex

Bex

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1066 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, friends/family, animals, health topics, auto/biographies, movies (horror, comedy, drama, whatever, just as long as it's good), music, video games (mainly survival horror, or survival/adventure types), crossword puzzles, books on real life crime/serial killers/etc. Prophecy/miracles/supernatural/hauntings etc, net surfing/forums etc.<br /><br />One of my favourite forums for information on many topics:<br /><br />http://orbisvitae.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • New Zealand

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:53 AM

No I dont' believe that his sins, as horrific as they are, are unforgiveable - unless he refuses to repent sincerely and rejects the mercy of God. Jesus died for ALL sinners, even the worst of them. When we reject that grace/salvation offered to us by denying Christ, denying salvation, we automatically incur the sheer justice of God, because that is exactly what we deserve when we face Him without the saving blood of Jesus Christ.

ALL come short of the glory of God. It is only thanks to Jesus Christ that we have hope of eternal life, rather than the punishment our sins really deserve.

#3 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 19 March 2011 - 01:04 AM

No I dont' believe that his sins, as horrific as they are, are unforgiveable - unless he refuses to repent sincerely and rejects the mercy of God.  Jesus died for ALL sinners, even the worst of them.  When we reject that grace/salvation offered to us by denying Christ, denying salvation, we automatically incur the sheer justice of God, because that is exactly what we deserve when we face Him without the saving blood of Jesus Christ. 

ALL come short of the glory of God.  It is only thanks to Jesus Christ that we have hope of eternal life, rather than the punishment our sins really deserve.

View Post

I agree. Anytime sin becomes stronger than forgiveness and salvation, it also makes Satan more powerful because he was the author of sin.

#4 Bex

Bex

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1066 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, friends/family, animals, health topics, auto/biographies, movies (horror, comedy, drama, whatever, just as long as it's good), music, video games (mainly survival horror, or survival/adventure types), crossword puzzles, books on real life crime/serial killers/etc. Prophecy/miracles/supernatural/hauntings etc, net surfing/forums etc.<br /><br />One of my favourite forums for information on many topics:<br /><br />http://orbisvitae.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • New Zealand

Posted 19 March 2011 - 03:21 AM

I agree. Anytime sin becomes stronger than forgiveness and salvation, it also makes Satan more powerful because he was the author of sin.

View Post

Exactly! In fact, surely one of the greatest offenses to our Lord is when we think our sins are greater than His mercy.

#5 AFJ

AFJ

AFJ

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
  • Interests:Bible, molecular biology, chemistry, mineralogy, geology, eschatology, history, family
  • Christian
  • Baton Rouge, LA

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:58 AM

There is no sin unforgivable, except not repenting, and not accepting the sacrifice of the the Lamb of God--Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living God. The other is blaspemy against the Holy Spirit. Edit***

Dahmer's testimony ultimately laid his former dispostion at evolution's feet. He believed life came from "slime." While many will not become serial killers, their belief that their is no ultimate accountability to a creator causes them to continually break God's law with no conscience of it.

I'm glad that Dahmer took full blame for his sins. He died a horrific death in prison, but his soul is forgiven with God. We sometimes have consequences to our sins on earth, but our souls will be forgiven and loved in God's presence.

Edit ikester7579: It is best not to let people know exactly what blasphemy is because as long as they don't know, and do it. They can be considered innocent. This is one where the knowledge of it is more harmful than not knowing.

#6 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:55 AM

Matthew 19:26 answers your question in the title: "With God all things are possible."

People can also claim to be converted when they in actuality have not. There is also the sticky point of us humans having neither the ability nor the right to judge. That assignment belongs to our Lord and Savior.

#7 Teejay

Teejay

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1482 posts
  • Christian
  • Texas

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:08 PM

Can a person live to bad of a life and not be savable (receive salvation)? Here is a video of Jeffery Dahmer. After being shown creation as the Bible would tell it, he accepted Christ as he says below:

IjW7bezdddE

What would be your argument for or against Christ accepting Jeffery and giving him eternal life? Are the sins he committed unforgivable? And if so, why?

View Post

ikester,

The answer to your question is what separates Christianity from all false religions: "No one comes to the Father except through Me," Jesus said. There is no man in heaven who deserves to be there except Jesus Christ. It is His righteousness that gives us a free pass. Even the Jews who were saved under the Gospel of Circumcision (or Law), were saved by God's grace. Peter verified this in Acts 15:11: "But we [circumcision believers] believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved in the same manner as they [Paul's disciples under the Gospel of Grace]." Put in today's jargon: "Let's face it guys. Ain't nobody goin' make it unless God cuts us a little slack." Now it should be pointed out that Peter had to get circumcised, baptized, keep the feasts, witness, produce fruit, etc. but if he gave it his best shot, God would give him some slack and say, "Well done, good and faithful servant." God can add grace to works but not works to grace. Paul said that it is a free gift, and if you add works, it is no longer a free gift. Our gospel today is Romans 10. "If you believe with your heart and confess with your tongue the Lord Jesus Christ and believe that He is risen, you are saved." To argue that Jesus' sacrifice is not sufficient to save ALL sinners is an insult to God. When I give a gift to someone and they feel they owe me something in return, I am insulted. A gift of love can only be repaid with love.

Teejay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users