ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:53 AM

I went to another church today with a friend. The preacher preached a good sermon. He told a story as part of the sermon. He said that his house is located next to a cemetery. He said that one day he started noticing this man, in his 70s, sitting next to a grave. He said that he figured out that it was his wife's grave. Everyday when he would leave for work, the man was there. Everyday he come home from work, the man was there. if it was raining, he would have an umbrella. If it was cold, he would have blankets. If it was hot, he would have something to give him shade along with an ice chest full of cold drinks.

The preacher thought: Man what devotion, what love as he became choked up for words. And I could see tears welling up in his eyes, as well as everyone Else's including my own. The man must have married his soul mate and could not bear to be without her. He longed for her as only true love can make one do. I can only imagine how his heart broke the day she died, and how much a part of him died along with her. A part he tried to replace, tried to get comfort for by being at that grave. I can only imagine the conversations that must have taken place as he tried to remember the good times to make himself feel better. And the times when he almost could not bear it and told sad stories as he cried. As he wished he had died in her place.

Who do you love this much?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users