• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

Administrator / Forum Owner

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2336 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:13 AM

All, I found a Bible program for your PC that I believe is AWESOME, and its FREE. I have long used PC Study Bible, which is a good program that I think cost me around $50 some years ago, but it pales in comparison to The Word Bible program. Check it out! It comes free with KJV and 'NET' Bible versions. I ended up forking over $12 for the NKJV version since this is my favorite translation. Look at the free modules you can load here (be sure to notice the column tab to also see the dictionaries and commentaries you can download for free). It also has a great user interface. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Ps 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path.

Fred

#2 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:31 AM

I used to use the PC Study Bible as well, and thought it was fantastic. Although I still have the software, I can no longer download it on any new computers for some reason. I use Libronix now, and it is vastly superior to anything I had in the past because of the online upgradability and resources (just my opinion).

#3 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2336 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:45 AM

I used to use the PC Study Bible as well, and thought it was fantastic. Although I still have the software, I can no longer download it on any new computers for some reason. I use Libronix now, and it is vastly superior to anything I had in the past because of the online upgradability and resources (just my opinion).

View Post

This is where I found out about 'The Word':

http://www.fostertri...lesoftware.html

Looks like Libronix (Logos) faired very well too.

Fred

#4 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:40 PM

View Post

This is where I found out about 'The Word':

http://www.fostertri...lesoftware.html

Looks like Libronix (Logos) faired very well too.

Fred

View Post

Thanks for the link Fred, I’ll look into the other resources as well.

I’ve used a number of the other products there (Pradis, e-sword, PC Study Bible etc…), but like Jerry [the guy who reviewed the products] said “Resources is where Logos absolutely shines. It has the biggest and most varied library of all the Bible Software packages reviewed. Logos seems to have quite a bit of clout with the publishing community and leverages that to your benefit. Over 6,000 titles are available for the software. Yes, that's three zeros. Suffice to say, there shouldn't be anything you need that is not already provided, whether you are interested in ancient or modern texts, new commentaries or the church fathers, illustrations, maps, study guides, dictionaries, they're all here, and usually with tons of choices in each category” And this is pretty much what is most important to me… At this point anyway.

Another upside is that absolutely all of the Logos software I have; I bought on sale (at one time or another) over the years, and didn’t pay more than nineteen bucks for any single set, or box set… So, as long as I can continue to add them into any new system I purchase, it’ll be an investment well worth the money. And I’ve gone through a numbers of systems since I started using Libronix.

Don’t get me wrong, I very much like “free” component as well. And that “The Word 3” software looks pretty cool. I’ll definitely be passing it on, and look in seeing if integrating it into my tool bag of study materials helps.

#5 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2336 posts
  • Christian
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:38 PM

I’ve used a number of the other products there (Pradis, e-sword, PC Study Bible etc…), but like Jerry [the guy who reviewed the products] said “Resources is where Logos absolutely shines. It has the biggest and most varied library of all the Bible Software packages reviewed. Logos seems to have quite a bit of clout with the publishing community and leverages that to your benefit. Over 6,000 titles are available for the software. Yes, that's three zeros. Suffice to say, there shouldn't be anything you need that is not already provided, whether you are interested in ancient or modern texts, new commentaries or the church fathers, illustrations, maps, study guides, dictionaries, they're all here, and usually with tons of choices in each category” And this is pretty much what is most important to me… At this point anyway.

Another upside is that absolutely all of the Logos software I have; I bought on sale (at one time or another) over the years, and didn’t pay more than nineteen bucks for any single set, or box set… So, as long as I can continue to add them into any new system I purchase, it’ll be an investment well worth the money. And I’ve gone through a numbers of systems since I started using Libronix.

Don’t get me wrong, I very much like “free” component  as well. And that “The Word 3” software looks pretty cool. I’ll definitely be passing it on, and look in seeing if integrating it into my tool bag of study materials helps.

View Post

All good points. It had been some time since I looked in to these programs and was excited to see what was out there. Lots of good stuff...

Fred

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users