• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

Administrator / Forum Owner

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2377 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 10 June 2011 - 03:18 PM

All,I'm excited to announce an upgrade in the forum software to the latest version of Invision Power Board (3.1). I'll be working on an improved skin over the weekend. This change brings many new features and improvements, I hope you like the changes going forward. I'll post more information as I develop the new skin and add features. Thanks for your continued participation in the forum. Fred Williams

#2 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:29 PM

All,

I'm excited to announce an upgrade in the forum software to the latest version of Invision Power Board (3.1). I'll be working on an improved skin over the weekend. This change brings many new features and improvements, I hope you like the changes going forward. I'll post more information as I develop the new skin and add features. Thanks for your continued participation in the forum.

Fred Williams

It looks nice, but the quote boxes will take a bit of getting use to. ;)

#3 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:02 PM

I like it also. Takes some getting used to because it's a big difference. Let me see if I can post youtube still.

Well the old codes no longer work so I go in and see what's going on. probably got deleted, but if the media thing works for all types of media than won't need to put them back in. Which is fine because it's a pain to get it just right. let's see if godtube will work.

[godtube]7LDKYPNX[/godtube]

Guess not. I'll take a look later and see what can be done.

#4 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 11 June 2011 - 10:50 PM

I finally got GodTube videos to work. All videos are set up to where all you have to do is copy the and paste the webpage address where the video is locate. No special embed code. Currently the forum will show videos from:

1) YouTube videos.
2) Google Videos.
3) MySpace videos.
4) Godtube video.
5) And mp3 audio files which include creation moments as I show below. And just like the videos, you just copy and paste the page the MP3 plays on.

And it will also play Real Science Fridays stuff. To make it work to stream here, you have to copy the link to the "dial up download" and paste that into the media box and you are done. And it plays just like the player below.

In order for the MP3 player to work, the link that is pasted into the media box as you click on the black square icon in the editor, has to end with .mp3 in order for player to recognize it and play the file.

#5 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 11 June 2011 - 11:05 PM

And you can also post audio mp3 sermons.

#6 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2377 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:17 PM

My own experiment

[godtube]KDWY7WNX[/godtube]

Didn't work. Looks like we'll have to rely on links to the site, instead of embedding Godtube videos.

Fred

#7 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:16 PM

For some reason the godtube code just quit working all together through the media icon in the editor. So I made it work through the default BBcode area. For some reason it fixed the autoplay. Here is how it has to be entered:

[godtube]7LDKYPNX[/godtube]

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=7LDKYPNX

Just the part after the v= is all that you need. This is the name of the video file you want to play. So instead of the whole link, you use just that last part.

#8 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:49 AM

This is probably a stupid question, but I don't like the white background. Is there a way that I can change it? TY!

#9 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:17 PM

This is probably a stupid question, but I don't like the white background. Is there a way that I can change it? TY!

I wish, maybe Fred can look into it. Up in the right hand corner there are 3 colors. You click on that and it changes the outside of text background color. That might help.

#10 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2377 posts
  • Christian
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:32 AM

You are the 2nd to mention this. I guess I can experiment with a very slightly off-white background that I notice another forum that is very popular uses. I just don't want to overextend, then hear from others who like the white background. :) I'll do some experimenting...

Fred

#11 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:01 AM

You are the 2nd to mention this. I guess I can experiment with a very slightly off-white background that I notice another forum that is very popular uses. I just don't want to overextend, then hear from others who like the white background. :) I'll do some experimenting...

Fred

Oh, on some boards there is a feature for the member to personalize the background. That is why I asked.

#12 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2377 posts
  • Christian
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:21 PM

Oh, on some boards there is a feature for the member to personalize the background. That is why I asked.

Try the 'Green' option (the middle of three color buttons in the upper right corner). I made the post pages (threads) a slightly darker green background.

Fred

#13 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:15 PM

Try the 'Green' option (the middle of three color buttons in the upper right corner). I made the post pages (threads) a slightly darker green background.

Fred

Cool. Thanks.

#14 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2377 posts
  • Christian
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:15 PM

Cool. Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback on this. If you have any 'tweak' suggestions let me know. Its hard to know which is the right depth of color after staring at it for so long. One thing I tried to do was make the white surrounding background a little less white, but I had a hard time finding the setting for this. The 'inspect' element when using Google is set to 'transparent' which means its probably a global background color and might make it a little tricky to change just for the green theme.

Fred
PS. Based on the wife's advice, I made the green theme background for posts a little darker...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users