ChristianIssues

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Brisbane, Australia

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:17 PM

Why is it that Luke 17:24-36 is never mentioned when the Rapture is discussed? I find that these verses clearly show when the Rapture will occur so I've made the following article to show how I see things. Can anyone show how this passage can be viewed differently?

The following chart and text examine the verses in Luke 17:24-36 which are entirely about the day Jesus returns like lightning. I start with Matt. 24 to show the timing of the verses in Luke 17:24-36.
Point 3 on the chart is Matt. 24:21, the Great Tribulation, and then after the tribulation …
Point 5 (Matt. 24:27, 30) says that Jesus will appear like lightning - Luke 17:24 is the parallel verse.
Now let's follow the verses in Luke 17 which describe Jesus' return AFTER the Great Tribulation.
Points 6 and 7 (Luke 17:26-29) describe the sudden destruction of sinners in the days of Noah and Lot then …
Point 8 (Luke 17:30) says that it (the destruction) will be just the same when Jesus returns. Also …
Point 9 (Luke 17:31-33) says that “ON THAT DAY” no one should look to earthly things but to remember Lot's
wife because …
Points 10 and 11 (Luke 17:34-35) say that “one will be taken and the other left” and this is the Rapture.
So, AFTER the Great Tribulation, Jesus will return like lightning to rapture believers and to destroy sinners.
Posted Image

This chart shows the flow of events as:
1) The Antichrist ………………………………… at Point 1.
2) The Great Tribulation ………………………… at Point 3.
3) Jesus appears like lightening …………………. at Point 5.
4) The Rapture and the Day Of The Lord ……….. at Points 8 to 11.

Rescuing the righteous and then destroying the sinners was the pattern in the days of Noah and Lot and Jesus said, in Luke 17:30, that it would be the same when He returns.
  • Fred Williams likes this

#2 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:11 PM

Why is it that Luke 17:24-36 is never mentioned when the Rapture is discussed? I find that these verses clearly show when the Rapture will occur so I've made the following article to show how I see things. Can anyone show how this passage can be viewed differently?

The Pastor (John Hagee) I listen to and have rapture videos on. mentions that verse.

The following chart and text examine the verses in Luke 17:24-36 which are entirely about the day Jesus returns like lightning. I start with Matt. 24 to show the timing of the verses in Luke 17:24-36.
Point 3 on the chart is Matt. 24:21, the Great Tribulation, and then after the tribulation …
Point 5 (Matt. 24:27, 30) says that Jesus will appear like lightning - Luke 17:24 is the parallel verse.
Now let's follow the verses in Luke 17 which describe Jesus' return AFTER the Great Tribulation.
Points 6 and 7 (Luke 17:26-29) describe the sudden destruction of sinners in the days of Noah and Lot then …
Point 8 (Luke 17:30) says that it (the destruction) will be just the same when Jesus returns. Also …
Point 9 (Luke 17:31-33) says that “ON THAT DAY” no one should look to earthly things but to remember Lot's
wife because …
Points 10 and 11 (Luke 17:34-35) say that “one will be taken and the other left” and this is the Rapture.
So, AFTER the Great Tribulation, Jesus will return like lightning to rapture believers and to destroy sinners.
Posted Image

Rescuing the righteous and then destroying the sinners was the pattern in the days of Noah and Lot and Jesus said, in Luke 17:30, that it would be the same when He returns.

The Antichrist spirit is already here live and well. As militant atheists have already expressed that they would like to rid this planet of all Christians in less than ten years.

#3 jason

jason

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Christian
  • florida

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:24 PM

ah but there is one antichrist. yes i do agree with that idea of militant athiesm. if something isnt real to you, you sure bark alot on something that isnt real.

#4 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:36 PM

ah but there is one antichrist. yes i do agree with that idea of militant athiesm. if something isnt real to you, you sure bark alot on something that isnt real.

The spirit is a reference to the attitude among the people. In order for the Antichrist to take over when he appears on the scene, his attitude (hate for God and all Christian) has to be here already. He cannot take control without it. This is why the shift from good to evil is swiftly taking place.

#5 Teejay

Teejay

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
  • Christian
  • Texas

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:44 PM

[quote] name='ChristianIssues' timestamp='1308017839' post='72880']

wife because …
Posted Image

[/quote]

Hello, Luke 17 is not talking about the Rapture.

The Rapture appears anly in Paul’s aritings.

Rapture teaching does not appear in the Old Testament. Further, the Rapture does not appear anywhere in the New Testament other than in Paul’s writings. Unbelievers trying to instill doubt concerning the authority of the Bible sometimes point out that Paul’s teachings, including Rapture, run contrary to much of the Biblical record. One expects such from the heathen. Sadly, however, some Christians attempting to discredit Rapture teaching actually try to demean the subject by pointing out that only Paul mentions it. On the 700 Club, Pat Robertson said he did not believe in any sort of Rapture and there was no Biblical support for the notion of a Rapture. Go figure!

Some, making a contrary error (though less egregious) suppose that Jesus taught about the Rapture. However since the departure of the Body of Christ is part of God’s “unprophesied” mystery for the Body, Christ would not have mentioned it. What then was Jesus referring to in the following passage?

“Then two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding at the mill; one will be taken and the other left.” Mat. 24:40-41 (also see Luke 17)

Superficially it may seem that Christ is speaking of the Rapture, a great departure, or something similar, since it is supposed that those “taken” are blessed and those left are cursed. However, the context shows the opposite is the case. Those left are left due to mercy and those taken are taken in judgment.

For in the time of Noah:

“…the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.” Mat. 24:39

Those in unbelief are taken away in judgment in this context. Further, concerning the Kingdom Christ earlier taught:

“The Son of Man will send out His angels and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness and will cast them into the furnace of fire.” Mat. 13:41-42

The angels will take away evil men in judgment (see also Mat. 13:49-50), leaving righteous men remaining (Isa. 4:3; Zech. 12:14; 13:9), rooted in “good ground” (Mat. 13:23). So the angels do not rapture, but take away in judgment the man “in the field” and the woman “at the mill.” Luke gives additional proof of this by recording the disciples’ question, “Where, Lord?” Like students today, they wondered where those people would be “taken.” Jesus replied, “Wherever the body is, there the eagles [vultures] will be gathered together” (Luke 17:37). The Lord thus quoted Job about “the eagle [vulture]” (Job 39:27) and “where the slain are, there it is” (Job 39:30). (This also shows that “the coming of the Son of Man” as “lightning comes from the east” (Mat. 24:27) refers to a coming in judgment (and not for rapture) because Matthew immediately adds Christ’s same quote about “the carcass” and “the eagles” (Mat. 24:28). So Jesus spoke of judgment and not of Rapture. After all,, the Rapture was also a "mystery" (1 Cor. 15:51) which God revealed only through the Apostle Paul for the Body of Christ.

The pastor in California who predicted the Rapture in the month of May used Daniel and Luke to predict the Rapture. Only one thing wrong: Daniel or Luke never mentioned the Rapture. The Rapture is future, the date is unknown, and it is for the Body of Christ only. Paul says it will be when the "fullness of the Gentiles" has come in. And that decision is under the authority of the Father God (as Jesus said).

TeeJay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users