ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:50 PM

Around noon today it was dark. I figured that it was rain clouds and it was going to rain. Around 6:30pm it got even darker. Sun does not set until around 8pm. So I went outside, no rain. but the sky was dark with smoke from forest fires that are burning here and in the state north of us. Ash was also falling. Some pieces as big as a silver dollar. Some white, some black. The temperature is 90 plus degrees F here. Everywhere I looked I could see the blue haze of smoke.

Things like this make a person realize that their are not in control. That an event like this could end you life by making the air not fit to breathe (just twice as worse and people would die here). The local news has already issued warnings here to stay in doors, and anyone with breathing problems not to leave their homes.

About an hour ago we had some rain that cleared the air somewhat. But the fires still burn and the smoke still comes. Please pray.

#2 jason

jason

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Christian
  • florida

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:53 PM

ah yes the florida army national guard has been activated. i am in the guard in florida and havent been told to report.where i live we got rain. add palm beach county as they are close to running out of water.

#3 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:26 AM

If it does not rain soon (several days of rain), we are going to in big trouble. I have a feeling I may have to evacuate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users