ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:24 PM

I was debating this guy on youtube when he referred me to this video of him preaching:

Darwin Under The Microscope from Phil Holden on Vimeo.

He is an osas (once saved always saved) believer. This is about the most weirdest version of osas I ever heard. He believes there are levels of salvation as for the reason the Bible talks about losing it. Basically he is just making excuses to explain those verses away. And those excuses are pretty lame.

I challenged this guy to not only prove me wrong with the verses I pose to him along with my explanation, but to use his own verses to destroy what I believe, and he refuses. He only addressed one verse and he only addressed the parts that supported his belief and would not address the rest, Here is the verse:

James 5:19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins. His response:

I aasert James 5 is speaking of death to the fellowship of God, and does not effect the relationship.

There is no Spiritual abortion. Being born again equals eternal life. Eternal Life is eternal for all eternity. Period.

Again, please watch the video I sent you that expains the different salvations that the scriptures address.

Spiritual abortion? :blink: Geez

What? I pointed out to him that losing fellowship does not mean we have to be reconverted, which would save our souls from death and hide a multitude of sins. That's what losing salvation does. He has the same attitude I had when I believed this stuff. I'm glad I got smart and tested it for myself and got out.

Here is his excuse for not responding to my verses or points.

The reason I do not answer your BOOK responses is that nothing will ever be learned if you want to dump the whole load on someone all at once. One point at a time so the lesson does not get lost in the weeds.

Number 2 reason. I have to work for a living and can not write a book during the day.

I don;t think he is Biblically versed as he tries to make himself sound. I think he is what I call a Parrot preacher. He repeats what everybody says or teaches him in that belief. And does no testing of the doctrine himself.

I post this here to show how weird this doctrine is becoming.

#2 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:41 AM

What? I pointed out to him that losing fellowship does not mean we have to be reconverted, which would save our souls from death and hide a multitude of sins. That's what losing salvation does.

Yes.

Thanks for sharing. I will often copy other posts from here or another forum and put them on facebook so that others can benefit as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users