supamk3speed

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Texas

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:27 AM

I came to Christ about 7 years ago, prior to that I was atheist because of school teachings and that of my moms. After I became a Christian I gave the news to my dad to which he explained to me that he too was Christian since childhood. Yet I never heard him speak of God neither did I see his commitment to God. I became a christian through sheer faith, I didn't even know if there was evidence for God. Something called me in the church my wife's dad asked me too visit, I didn't even question if it was God. I just knew. So I went up front when the pastor asked if anyone wanted to commit themselves to the Lord. This was unlike me completely, I hated being in front of people but my fear was not going to keep me from God's call.

After that my doubts emerged soon after, I asked god if that was him. I asked if Jesus was the truth that I should follow, then give me a sign. That's when I noticed a pamphlet on top of all of my Mom's mail, it had a biblical picture on it with the statement "The Bible Is True" on it. Mind you my mom hates Christians, the fact that this was sitting on the top of her mail and not in the trash is in itself a miracle. After that I was okay for a good while (about 2 years) before doubts began to emerge once again.

That's when I started asking questions, was there physical evidence for God? Me and My wife's dad conversed on it a little bit, but I still hungered for further information. Then one day me and my wife went to the Christian book store and I spotted a book with the title "I Don't Have Enough Faith To Be An Athiest". I glanced through it quickly, frantic with excitement. I joyfully told my wife "I want this book!" Soon after I read several different books books with similair themes. I came to the conclusion that there was justifiable evidence for a loving intelligent creator. My doubts have helped me learn a lot. Doubts can be a gift. I did ask God for wisdom, so I guess you really should be carefull what you ask for. My doubts are hard to explain though, because I never stop believing God is truth but my mind races to find answers for things unexplained. I just have to know! Thats why im here, I noticed the intellect and diversity in this forum.

It truely is a beautifull thing to see intelligent Christians conversing over the teachings of the bible and the teachings of the world. Im glad to be here and hope to learn more about the world and of the Bible. God bless.

#2 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

Administrator / Forum Owner

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2367 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:33 PM

I came to Christ about 7 years ago, prior to that I was atheist because of school teachings and that of my moms. After I became a Christian I gave the news to my dad to which he explained to me that he too was Christian since childhood. Yet I never heard him speak of God neither did I see his commitment to God. I became a christian through sheer faith, I didn't even know if there was evidence for God. Something called me in the church my wife's dad asked me too visit, I didn't even question if it was God. I just knew. So I went up front when the pastor asked if anyone wanted to commit themselves to the Lord. This was unlike me completely, I hated being in front of people but my fear was not going to keep me from God's call.

After that my doubts emerged soon after, I asked god if that was him. I asked if Jesus was the truth that I should follow, then give me a sign. That's when I noticed a pamphlet on top of all of my Mom's mail, it had a biblical picture on it with the statement "The Bible Is True" on it. Mind you my mom hates Christians, the fact that this was sitting on the top of her mail and not in the trash is in itself a miracle. After that I was okay for a good while (about 2 years) before doubts began to emerge once again.

That's when I started asking questions, was there physical evidence for God? Me and My wife's dad conversed on it a little bit, but I still hungered for further information. Then one day me and my wife went to the Christian book store and I spotted a book with the title "I Don't Have Enough Faith To Be An Athiest". I glanced through it quickly, frantic with excitement. I joyfully told my wife "I want this book!" Soon after I read several different books books with similair themes. I came to the conclusion that there was justifiable evidence for a loving intelligent creator. My doubts have helped me learn a lot. Doubts can be a gift. I did ask God for wisdom, so I guess you really should be carefull what you ask for. My doubts are hard to explain though, because I never stop believing God is truth but my mind races to find answers for things unexplained. I just have to know! Thats why im here, I noticed the intellect and diversity in this forum.

It truely is a beautifull thing to see intelligent Christians conversing over the teachings of the bible and the teachings of the world. Im glad to be here and hope to learn more about the world and of the Bible. God bless.

Welcome, and thanks for sharing! You might also be interested in my "Evidences of the Bible" website.

Fred

#3 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:21 PM

Nice testimony. Good to have you on the forum, welcome.

Noticing your avatar, do you race, or are you a fan of it?

#4 supamk3speed

supamk3speed

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Texas

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:09 AM

I don't race, but I am a fan. I mainly like watching the World Rally Championship(WRC). The car pictured is a mk3 Supra racecar that Toyota used in the later 80's. I own an 87 mk3 Supra, it's just my hobby. And thanks for the welcome! Fred, that site was a good read. I especially like the part about the farmer who was trying to get the birds to go into the barn.

#5 AFJ

AFJ

AFJ

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
  • Interests:Bible, molecular biology, chemistry, mineralogy, geology, eschatology, history, family
  • Christian
  • Baton Rouge, LA

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:31 AM

Welcome supa,

Your testimony is a blessing. I notice how your faith is based on God's power, and not in the wisdom of men. You believe in signs. I have seen even miracles when I used to go on evangelism outings, and in Africa, as a missionary. When we reach to the lost, God moves. He will confirm his word.

But if a tree falls there it will lie (Ecclesiastes 11:3). If God created, and there was a worldwide flood, then there is evidence. And there is--the problem is the devil blinds the minds of unbelievers (2 Corinthians 4:4), so a reinterpretation of the evidence of megatons of ocean sediments and mass extinction has been conjured.

At any rate, I look forward to hearing from you in the forum. ANd thanks again for your testimony!! AFJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users