Photo

Belief O Matic And Denomination Selector...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:43 PM

Even if YOU don't know what faith you are, Belief-O-MaticTM knows. Answer 20 questions about your concept of God, the afterlife, human nature, and more, and Belief-O-Maticâ„¢ will tell you what religion (if any) you practice...or ought to consider practicing.

Here it is if you want to take the quizzes or comment on my results (I took the test back in April):

http://www.selectsma...=christiandenom I had a really big problem with the one question that put heaven and hell together in one category.

Jehovah's Witness was #5! Mennonite was #1. Followed by 2. Orthodox Quaker and 3. Church of Christ (those two didn't surprise me).

http://www.beliefnet...x#ixzz1RzZr7xqA

Orthodox Judaism (100%)
Islam (95%)
Eastern Orthodox (87%)
Roman Catholic (87%)
Seventh Day Adventist (85%)
Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (81%)
Hinduism (80%)
Orthodox Quaker (78%)

For some reason Jehovah's Witness did not even show up. Judaism and Islam must be there because I said that there is only one God, and no other reason. That is annoying. Interesting results. I have looked into Orthodoxy. I would think based on my limited knowledge that Seventh Day Adventist should have been #1 with Eastern Orthodox and Quaker (my G-ma) tying for second. I have no idea why Hinduism showed up at all.

#2 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:45 PM

Even if YOU don't know what faith you are, Belief-O-MaticTM knows. Answer 20 questions about your concept of God, the afterlife, human nature, and more, and Belief-O-Matic™ will tell you what religion (if any) you practice...or ought to consider practicing.

Here it is if you want to take the quizzes or comment on my results (I took the test back in April):

http://www.selectsma...=christiandenom I had a really big problem with the one question that put heaven and hell together in one category.

Jehovah's Witness was #5! Mennonite was #1. Followed by 2. Orthodox Quaker and 3. Church of Christ (those two didn't surprise me).

http://www.beliefnet...x#ixzz1RzZr7xqA

Orthodox Judaism (100%)
Islam (95%)
Eastern Orthodox (87%)
Roman Catholic (87%)
Seventh Day Adventist (85%)
Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (81%)
Hinduism (80%)
Orthodox Quaker (78%)

For some reason Jehovah's Witness did not even show up. Judaism and Islam must be there because I said that there is only one God, and no other reason. That is annoying. Interesting results. I have looked into Orthodoxy. I would think based on my limited knowledge that Seventh Day Adventist should have been #1 with Eastern Orthodox and Quaker (my G-ma) tying for second. I have no idea why Hinduism showed up at all.

That test might be rigged.

For one thing it's a money maker for them when someone visits because of all the ads. The picture of Christ with one hand pointing, and the other holding it's thumb up. Is a well known pic that atheists like to use while mocking God. Some even use it on websites, forums as avatars, etc...

Also, if a person is searching, they could actually be persuaded to go by this which may lead them in the wrong direction.

I took the test and as I went down the list, I went back up to make sure all was correct. What I found is that many of my answers changed as I went down the list. Si I believe it's rigged.

My results were:

1) Assemblies of God.
2) Free Will Baptist
3) Seventh-Day Adventist
4) Church of Christ
5) Mennonite Brethren

And Pentecostal, which is what I am was 12. Assemblies of God is also Pentecostal, but I am going to have to research their belief more closely.

So if anything this is also inaccurate. It will be interesting if anyone here takes it and it guesses what they believe correctly.

#3 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:56 PM

That test might be rigged.

An Orthodox friend of mine ended up with JW on her list, but I didn't. lol

I don't think it is very accurate, but I am intrigued at what makes some denominations different than others.

#4 chipwag64

chipwag64

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Christian
  • Pennsylvania

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:32 PM

The Select Smart denomination selector is actually how I got to the church I now attend 7 years ago. I was attending a Bible believing church 8 years ago shortly after my conversion,applied for membership, and no one contacted me. This bothered me, so I left. I never have, nor will, put any faith in denominations, but there were no more non-denominational churches in my area. I didn't know how to find a church and didn't know what the different denominations taught or believed. Thats when I stumbled upon the denomination selector. When I first took the quiz, I was trying to figure out with some of the questions why they were asked and left one or two unanswered or neutral. The quiz came up Reformed #1, so I sought a Reformed church and have been there since. I didn't believe all of the teachings due to having never read the Bible, but as I read more and more, and compared scripture with other scripture I agreed with most of what is taught. A few months later, I took the quiz again, answered all the questions, and it came up Independent Fundamental #1.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users