• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:41 AM

This is not goodbye, I will be checking in on this area, so that we may up build each other with conversation and prayer, and I will be updating my testimony, but I will no longer participate in the debate sections. I wanted to start this thread to make it clear that the reason for this is not due to negative feelings. The Lord has used this ministry to reach out to me.

God's Spirit is guiding me to use the internet including these forums less often. Now that I feel free to talk about these matters openly I have a whole world opening up to me. My husband has been so strong in Spirit and faith, always reassuring me when JWs would try to take away my hope of salvation, and now that we can talk freely to each other, he is strengthening me even more. I also have a lot of local Christians willing to help my family, and many ex-JWs who are helping us through this. I have so many family members (aunts, uncles, cousins, in-laws) that are ex-JWs who are willing to give me anything I need and showing me so much love, some of whom have been to seminary and are shepherding Christian congregations in their area.

Now that I have all of this available to me I no longer need to rely on this forum as much as I did. I can also see that debating specifics of evolution/creation and scriptures is serving as a distraction to me. I am new in the faith and need to concentrate on the important things.

Love in Christ,

MamaE

#2 Calypsis4

Calypsis4

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2255 posts
  • Christian
  • Midwest, USA

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:00 PM

This is not goodbye, I will be checking in on this area, so that we may up build each other with conversation and prayer, and I will be updating my testimony, but I will no longer participate in the debate sections. I wanted to start this thread to make it clear that the reason for this is not due to negative feelings. The Lord has used this ministry to reach out to me.

God's Spirit is guiding me to use the internet including these forums less often. Now that I feel free to talk about these matters openly I have a whole world opening up to me. My husband has been so strong in Spirit and faith, always reassuring me when JWs would try to take away my hope of salvation, and now that we can talk freely to each other, he is strengthening me even more. I also have a lot of local Christians willing to help my family, and many ex-JWs who are helping us through this. I have so many family members (aunts, uncles, cousins, in-laws) that are ex-JWs who are willing to give me anything I need and showing me so much love, some of whom have been to seminary and are shepherding Christian congregations in their area.

Now that I have all of this available to me I no longer need to rely on this forum as much as I did. I can also see that debating specifics of evolution/creation and scriptures is serving as a distraction to me. I am new in the faith and need to concentrate on the important things.

Love in Christ,

MamaE

Tell me who was giving you a hard time and I'll kick their posteriors. :(

I've enjoyed having you on EFF and you will be missed...even if but for awhile.

God bless you and keep testifying for Jesus. :D

#3 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:14 PM

That just isn't it Cal, but I appreciate the offer.

I've enjoyed having you on EFF and you will be missed...even if but for awhile.

God bless you and keep testifying for Jesus. :D

Definitely.
  • rico likes this

#4 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

Administrator / Forum Owner

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2476 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:29 PM

I can also see that debating specifics of evolution/creation and scriptures is serving as a distraction to me. I am new in the faith and need to concentrate on the important things.

I completely understand, forums can be a real energy drain and if you feel you are taking in too much right now, there's nothing wrong with taking a breather from it. I'm especially glad to hear what sounds like a good support system you have in place.

We are all delighted at your recent conversion, and will continue to pray for you. You will always be welcome here!

Fred

#5 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:27 PM

I completely understand, forums can be a real energy drain and if you feel you are taking in too much right now, there's nothing wrong with taking a breather from it.

Exactly! In addition, I find it hard to be humble and I have a tendency to depend too much on my own reasoning when I am involved in a debate.

We are all delighted at your recent conversion, and will continue to pray for you. You will always be welcome here!

Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users