Photo

Here's Why You Don't Take Your Car To The Cheapest Place.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:59 PM

I took my car once to Tire Kingdom and saw that everyone that was working was looking confused. I never took my car back. Also having been a mechanic at one time I can tell when a company hires dummies to work. If you are a "trained" mechanic, things like what you see in the video below do not happen. Cars or trucks just don't fall off a lift unless a untrained mechanic is allowed to work in the shop doing such things. There are safety checks. And only certain places you put the lift arms under a vehicle. Tire Kingdom was lucky no one was hurt.

#2 Geode

Geode

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Mormon
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • Bangkok, Thailand

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:05 AM

I took my car once to Tire Kingdom and saw that everyone that was working was looking confused. I never took my car back. Also having been a mechanic at one time I can tell when a company hires dummies to work. If you are a "trained" mechanic, things like what you see in the video below do not happen. Cars or trucks just don't fall off a lift unless a untrained mechanic is allowed to work in the shop doing such things. There are safety checks. And only certain places you put the lift arms under a vehicle. Tire Kingdom was lucky no one was hurt.

Good point. Relying on mechanics they have the proper training can be by far the best thing even if it costs more in the short run.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users