Photo

God Is No Respecter Of Persons, Which Means All Will Be Judged The Same.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:46 AM

Often I hear Christians say that certain sins cannot be helped because of something that happened to the person as a child. So let's weigh this under the no respecter of persons rule. If a person is abused as a child, grows up and knows they should get help but do not. And end up going on a killing spree, is the sin justified because of what happened to them as a child?

Or let's say a person was molested as a child and grew up to do the same thing or live a certain lifestyle. Does what happened to them as a child justify their actions?

Since God says He is no respecter of persons, to justify sin this way would mean that every sin could be justified in the same manner. And justification takes the place of forgiveness and what Christ did on the cross. For why have a sin atonement of Christ on the cross when sin can be justified?

For God to judge on an even playing ground for all, all have to be judged the same. To single out certain people doing certain sins and having a reason for doing them means any good reason will do. This is because the ones who did not get the same judgement but had the same justification could yell foul. And they would be correct. For as long as their is choice, and the knowledge to do the right thing. Then judgment for the sin is justified.

But how about those who were so badly damaged by such actions to where they were mentally ill and could not make the choice and did not understand it was wrong?

James 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

God can only judge those who "knew" that what they do is wrong. Because sin has to be understood before a person can realize that they need to get help, and ask forgiveness and repent. A person who does not know this will never come to this understanding and therefore is not responsible. Because you have to know good before you know what's bad.

Now some people will use this "not knowing what's wrong" as justification before others. In doing so they actually admit to knowing by even claiming this. And besides, God judges by what's in our hearts. Our heart does not lie so He will know who is claiming innocence, but really knows and hides behind a lie. People can fool men, but you cannot fool God.

God will judge certain sins for those who:

1) Having the knowledge that what is being done is wrong.
2) Not seeking help or forgiveness and to repent when you know you need it.
3) Not being mentally ill enough to not know what should be done.
4) Claiming innocence when it does not apply.

God will not judge certain sins for those who:

1) Do not understand that the sin was wrong.
2) To mentally ill to know right from wrong.
3) Was mentally damaged and does not understand.
4) Or for some reason did not have a choice.

If the judgment were easier, then all sin could be justified and Christ dying on the cross would not be needed.

To sun it up:
Knowledge of what you do as being wrong means you are guilty and will be judged as such. And you will be held responsible for asking forgiveness and repenting (abstaining) from sin.
Not knowing or understanding what's wrong means you could not have known to do the right thing. And therefore cannot be judged for what you did not know.

I believe that this may cover some who did not get a chance to know Christ because they were never introduced for one reason or another. And the mentally ill because they could never be made to understand. And children of a innocent mind who never got to make the choice.

#2 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:51 AM

I believe that God's justice and love are perfect. If healing someone would cause them to not sin, then my God will surely choose to heal them.

I also believe that Luke chapter 12 tells us about 4 servants. Everyone will fit into, not just 2 groups destined to either heaven or hell (which has never seemed to me to be a plan carrying out perfect justice), but more than that so that they can be disciplined accordingly.

#3 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:48 PM

I believe that God's justice and love are perfect. If healing someone would cause them to not sin, then my God will surely choose to heal them.

I also believe that Luke chapter 12 tells us about 4 servants. Everyone will fit into, not just 2 groups destined to either heaven or hell (which has never seemed to me to be a plan carrying out perfect justice), but more than that so that they can be disciplined accordingly.

What forgives sin?

1) Christ's blood?
2) Another sin done to cause another sin as justification?

Will God heal someone who prefers their sin being justified in their minds by another? You see ME, some people want justification like this because they want their sin. God is not going to heal someone whom prefers not to know the truth or become an over-comer. God does not force His will upon you if you don't want it. The main reason so many claim God will not heal them from their sin or from the sin they claimed caused it, is because in their heart they really don't want healing. You see words can be spoken and have no real true meaning. God knows what's really in a man's heart and acts on that. Not spoken empty words. Now if the words as truly from the heart then God will act.

But because certain sins are based on deceptions, the person doing them really only wants to justify them to others so that he or she does not have to feel guilty about doing them. So the words spoken are for that effect only and to get anyone off their back that is making them feel what they do not want to feel. and when it works, it gets repeated.

Example: Let's say I live a certain lifestyle that you cannot be a Christian and live. I know that you are Christian and will approach me and make me feel guilty about living in such sin. I really have no interest in changing, so when you approach me this is what I will say so you will leave me alone: I was abused when I was a child. Why did not God protect me? and now since I am older, I want to be released from this sin so I can get over it. I ask God to do this and he refuses. and because He refuses I cannot stop living this way. What can you do that I have not already done?

And if you continue I will use the guilt game on you until you get tired of it and walk away. And this game will continually involve asking you questions that I know you cannot answer. Questions like: Why does not God help me? why does not God heal me? If God does not heal me does that not mean He approves of my lifestyle? And if you happen to have comebacks for some of this, I will twist your comebacks into even more questions that are even harder. Now if I were truly interested in change would I go to so much effort to make it so hard for you to do your part?

The thing you have to understand is that a person like this is not obligated at any point to tell you the truth about anything in their life. Their questions are a game to get rid of you. And they will say anything to get that done.

If you don't get this. then I suggest you go to a forum named exchristain forums and read what they say there. You will see that what they do is just like what I said. and they will also show that they think the whole thing is funny. You will get the picture when you read what's there.

#4 Geode

Geode

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Mormon
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • Bangkok, Thailand

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:07 PM

Often I hear Christians say that certain sins cannot be helped because of something that happened to the person as a child. So let's weigh this under the no respecter of persons rule. If a person is abused as a child, grows up and knows they should get help but do not. And end up going on a killing spree, is the sin justified because of what happened to them as a child?

Or let's say a person was molested as a child and grew up to do the same thing or live a certain lifestyle. Does what happened to them as a child justify their actions?

Since God says He is no respecter of persons, to justify sin this way would mean that every sin could be justified in the same manner. And justification takes the place of forgiveness and what Christ did on the cross. For why have a sin atonement of Christ on the cross when sin can be justified?

For God to judge on an even playing ground for all, all have to be judged the same. To single out certain people doing certain sins and having a reason for doing them means any good reason will do. This is because the ones who did not get the same judgement but had the same justification could yell foul. And they would be correct. For as long as their is choice, and the knowledge to do the right thing. Then judgment for the sin is justified.

But how about those who were so badly damaged by such actions to where they were mentally ill and could not make the choice and did not understand it was wrong?

James 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

God can only judge those who "knew" that what they do is wrong. Because sin has to be understood before a person can realize that they need to get help, and ask forgiveness and repent. A person who does not know this will never come to this understanding and therefore is not responsible. Because you have to know good before you know what's bad.

Now some people will use this "not knowing what's wrong" as justification before others. In doing so they actually admit to knowing by even claiming this. And besides, God judges by what's in our hearts. Our heart does not lie so He will know who is claiming innocence, but really knows and hides behind a lie. People can fool men, but you cannot fool God.

If the judgment were easier, then all sin could be justified and Christ dying on the cross would not be needed.

To sun it up:
Knowledge of what you do as being wrong means you are guilty and will be judged as such. And you will be held responsible for asking forgiveness and repenting (abstaining) from sin.
Not knowing or understanding what's wrong means you could not have known to do the right thing. And therefore cannot be judged for what you did not know.

I believe that this may cover some who did not get a chance to know Christ because they were never introduced for one reason or another. And the mentally ill because they could never be made to understand. And children of a innocent mind who never got to make the choice.

Thank you for sharing these thoughts. I agree with your assessment

#5 SeeJay

SeeJay

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Sydney, Australia

Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:01 AM

To sun it up:

I don't just hear Christians saying certain sins can't be helped, but people right across society -- like judges, who frankly should know better.

But we all know what is right and wrong and we always have a choice. There are some exceptions, as you say, like people who are ill or immature or being coerced.

That said, certain choices are harder for some people than other. A heroin addict has a choice not to shoot up, but that would be a much harder choice for him than for me. But nevertheless, he has a choice.

I believe God could judge everyone perfectly justly based on their individual circumstances, including any elements of justification. Are you saying that, because we are not perfectly just and knowledgeable, God's judgements on others may not have the appearance of justice to us?

#6 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:03 AM

I don't just hear Christians saying certain sins can't be helped, but people right across society -- like judges, who frankly should know better.

But we all know what is right and wrong and we always have a choice. There are some exceptions, as you say, like people who are ill or immature or being coerced.

That said, certain choices are harder for some people than other. A heroin addict has a choice not to shoot up, but that would be a much harder choice for him than for me. But nevertheless, he has a choice.

I believe God could judge everyone perfectly justly based on their individual circumstances, including any elements of justification. Are you saying that, because we are not perfectly just and knowledgeable, God's judgements on others may not have the appearance of justice to us?

Judgment for sin is based on our knowledge in "knowing" it was a sin.

Example: When someone is newly saved from another country, and they never before had any contact with Christian belief and therefore do not know what all sins are. They don't have the knowledge. It's not being naive, it just they don't know because the whole concept of being a Christian is new to them. So as they become aware, they also become responsible. In this way God leaves a certain amount of leeway while the person learns. It's the only fair way to judge because every person's understanding is at a different level.

Example 2: If you take the person above who just got saved, and a person who has been saved for more than 30 years. Would it be fair to hold both to the same exact standard regardless? Make the new in Christ have to bare a judgment as strict as the 30 years in Christ Christian? Of course not. So the 30 year Christian will be held to a higher standard because of his knowledge of good and bad. The new in Christ will only be held responsible for what they knew and understood. If not then no new in Christ could ever meet the standard the 30 years in Christ has to, understand?

In this way God does not break His no respecter of person clause because He's judging you by your own knowledge and what you did with it.

#7 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 01 October 2011 - 04:02 AM

In this case, the person seems to know that what they are doing is wrong. The law is written on their hearts, and God judges the heart. I'm so glad I don't have that responsibility! I would make a terrible God.

To sun it up:

I would say a majority of people have no excuse; they knowingly do wrong things and violate the law written on their hearts. I think mentally handicapped people are sometimes capable of knowing what they are doing is wrong and are convicted of it. God has the unique ability to discern this. As far as exact judgement parameters, or Calvinism vs Armenianism;

For we know in part and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away. 1 Corinthians 13:9-10

All things considered, I think you are on the right track.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users