• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

Administrator / Forum Owner

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2476 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 26 July 2005 - 02:44 PM

Howdy all,

I’ve changed the “Christian: [yes/no]” part of the profile to instead contain a drop-down selection of various religious affiliations. These options are:

no affiliation
Christian
Orthodox Jew
Non-orthodox Jew
Muslim
Mormon
Jehovah's Witness
Hindu
Buddhist
Scientology
New Age

If you previously answered ‘yes’ to ‘Christian?’ it will automatically reflect this in your new profile. If you answered ‘no’, it will show no affiliation. So please take the time to update this if you have one of the affiliations above. I took the liberty of updating a few non-Christian members where I knew the affiliation. To edit your profile, click on 'My Controls', then 'Edit Profile info'.

If you have any suggestions regarding the affiliation list, please let me know.

Thanks everyone,

Fred

#2 chance

chance

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2029 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 26 July 2005 - 02:57 PM

Just a very small point/suggestion. In other forums I have seen some members of the Jewish faith point out the use of the word Jew as it can, and possibly should mean a person of Jewish extraction. One could be a Christian or Buddhist Jew.
Most prefer the distinction of, Jew = person, Judaism = the respective faith.

Might work better if it is phrased as:

Judaism orthodox
Judaism non- orthodox

#3 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

Administrator / Forum Owner

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2476 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 27 July 2005 - 09:41 PM

Just a very small point/suggestion.  In other forums I have seen some members of the Jewish faith point out the use of the word Jew as it can, and possibly should mean a person of Jewish extraction.  One could be a Christian or Buddhist Jew.
Most prefer the distinction of, Jew = person, Judaism = the respective faith.

Might work better if it is phrased as:

Judaism orthodox
Judaism non- orthodox

View Post

Thanks chance, sounds like a decent suggestion. I just made the change...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users