• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, computers, physics, video games, philosophy, epistomology
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • USA

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:42 PM

TAXONOMY
I view DNA as like the blueprint for the body, was called the blueprint for life. In a way I used to view it as like a skeleton for the body. Lately I got to see how complicated the model of a gene was.
One of my questions related to taxonomy is: How did Noah classify animals to board the ark by their kind? Could we look at the species zygote?... I recently discovered/rediscovered that kinds can be classified by their DNA? see --[Genetic Limitations To Evolution Between Kinds]

PERCEPTION OF DNA AND THE BIOLOGICAL INFORMATION SYSTEMS
I'm seeing the trees and not the forest

Another issue I have is when I was younger and still sometimes today I thought you could build a computer model of a human, a robot type thing based on their genome, but this whole perception is incorrect it seems. (There is mitachondial dna, etc.) In a computer program functions are related to each other and they work together to perform a task. Also I'll note that an organisms vital organs tend to pose a problem for natural man as well, if they were viewed as subprograms within a program; so developing new organs=new functions, requiring new information, that don't even seem to serve a non purpose from a nonsensical, purposeless evolutionary worldview...
How do multiple complicated, interdependant functioning, purposeful, vital organs (if you don't have you die) and required support systems develop without a mind? (Thinking of Incredible Creatures That Defy Evolution) Maybe I should have saved this section for a debate, but evolutionary biologists seem to have a hard time understanding how biological information systems relate to intelligence.

(Update: Looking over an AP Biology Syllabus they don't seem to cover each of the biological systems much, but I remember learning about them.)

So questions.... what whole peices of our knowledge are missing?
How should we view DNA vs. MtDNA vs. Genome?
What is a gene -- being redefined

(to pray about) Or how would you as a doctor better instruct an evolutionary biologist to know God and His creation?

The creation week kinds are covered in Gen. 1-3; organisms/kinds changed after the fall.
For examples of New Information Problems
Book reviews Genetic Entropy & the Mystery of the Genome: http://www.amazon.co...#R1HF9L7QT4G489
Book was recommended by someone, read the comments

#2 rico

rico

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Christian
  • USA

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:22 AM

Excuse me for the confusion and mixing/maxing questions the forum post caused me to question alot of things... Hope someone can answer
I also started thinking about can you create something just by changing it without design -- that's what they pretend that is possible. Just frustrating... Maybe I'll look into Darwins black box (better yet would be to get away from it probably)
Update: Found one from a biology and not a biochemistry viewpoint, Biology By Design: http://www.amazon.co...19136609&sr=8-2

#3 rico

rico

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Christian
  • USA

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:17 PM

TAXONOMY
I view DNA as like the blueprint for the body, was called the blueprint for life. In a way I used to view it as like a skeleton for the body. Lately I got to see how complicated the model of a gene was.
One of my questions related to taxonomy is: How did Noah classify animals to board the ark by their kind? Could we look at the species zygote?... I recently discovered/rediscovered that kinds can be classified by their DNA? see --[Genetic Limitations To Evolution Between Kinds]

Foe Genesis 2:19-20, God brought the animals to Adam so he could name them. Then you would have good taxonomy for the ark. Maybe Adam could have made a picture book or written on tablets for people including Noah.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users