• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Agnostic
  • Atlanta, Ga.

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

Hello to everyone.
I here to gain some insight into the debate with evolution and hoping to leave behind the hatefull debates I've seen in the past. I'm also hoping I have some bit of understanding that will help others as well.

35 yr. mechanical engineer
20 yr Agnostic sliding toward theism

#2 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:10 PM

Hello to everyone.
I here to gain some insight into the debate with evolution and hoping to leave behind the hatefull debates I've seen in the past. I'm also hoping I have some bit of understanding that will help others as well.

Welcome KBC, I hope your time here is fruitful, and you provide plenty of insight.

#3 supamk3speed

supamk3speed

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Texas

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:52 PM

Hi KBC, welcome. I liked the point you made in the "devolution" thread. I hope you find what you need.

#4 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:07 PM

Hello to everyone.

We strive for clean civil debate here. People that try the usual insult rather than the methodological steps to hypothetical verification are usually sent packing back to their buddies at their other atheist dominated crusade against religion forum. You came to the right place if your sick of that.

Welcome aboard.

#5 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:23 PM

Hello. :) I enjoyed the devolution thread as well.

#6 KBC id

KBC id

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Agnostic
  • Atlanta, Ga.

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:33 PM

Thanks everyone for the new guy handshake ;)

I do indeed hate the hatefull debating I had to wade through previously and of course I was looking for a good port in the storm. I think a bit more about me as an intelligent agent here is in order seeing as i'm not meeting natives that are seeking blood sacrifices upon meeting me. I'm an mechanical engineer inventor who is in constant need of new information about life and origins and I may make errors along the way but I basically want a friendly chat in the same vein as a friendly game of chess might happen.

Pawn to king four pls.

I might even venture into the more theistic areas of debate as I get a feel for things here.

#7 TheBear86

TheBear86

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • (private)
  • Indiana

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:09 PM

Who can I argue with? cause everyone here is probably a theist or that dosent believe in evolution? the title is kinda discouraging to others!

#8 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:15 AM

Who can I argue with? cause everyone here is probably a theist or that dosent believe in evolution? the title is kinda discouraging to others!

The reason most atheists-evolutionists don;t last long here is because they basically cannot show any respect for anyone whom disagrees with them. This usually results in name calling, personal attacks, etc... We have had some last over a year, and some last several years. But most don't last 3-6 months because of their hatred for everyone here that does not agree with them. Lately the hate has been so bad that most don't even last a month. It's depressing that a person can no longer have a good debate with an atheist without them resorting to things that have nothing to do with science.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users