Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:33 AM

The simple answer ikester is that God, if she exists, is not the God you believe in, but an infintely more forgiving (or possibly infinitely more indifferent) God than mine.

So your god is a female then? Funny, I thought you were agnostic!

Further, I would wonder where your evidence for this female god is...

Also; this OP was predicated upon a question concerning the Christian God:

If the Christian God is true, then where is it now?

Is it really your intent to sidetrack the conversation with talk about your “non-Christian” “female” god then?

Or is it simply your intent to side-track the conversation by any means possible…

I’m not sure whether you want to actually waste peoples time like that.

The funny thing is that I really didn't expect a reply from either of you for many reasons. But will being exposed for these less-than-honest type of posts keep you from doing so in other threads? We'll see.

#42 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:24 PM

abraham believed by faith. yes faith according to the bible is never blind. we dont leap out there and hope god exists. we have an expercience with god then act on that.

is it testable via science,no, but you bet ya when you heard him speak and you responded and you know it. it was something only you know to be as a fact.

whenever an athiest denies god and goes to such extremes to do so it confirms my faith. its sad that in order to deny something they have to go to such extremes.

i dont argue like that over zeus and other gods.

Abraham had probably the strongest faith because:
1) He was not raised that way he lived with a family who worshipped pagan god and idols.
2) He knew those gods were false and therefore knew that if there was a God He would not be like this.
3) And because he searched out God in an impossible situation God spoke to him.
4) And he was tested by God who told him to leave his family and God would meet him in anopther place that would be shown to him.
5) And because Abraham did all these things God made him promises that he kept and Abraham was called friend by God.
6) And because Abraham was friends with God, he was able to convince God not to destroy Sodom until innocent were removed.
7) God even sent angels in physical form to Abraham to speak with him.

#43 jason

jason

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Christian
  • florida

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:50 PM

actualy, by oral tradition the first parts of genesis was and still meant to be an apologetic to abraham as told my noah to abraham.

abraham like the hebrews after till moses didnt have the name of the lord known.

elohim isnt even really originally in the hebrew lexicon. its a chaldean word for God of the congress gods.

when we look at genesis that way it makes sense.

#44 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:13 PM

actualy, by oral tradition the first parts of genesis was and still meant to be an apologetic to abraham as told my noah to abraham.

I have heard before that Abraham was able to talk to Shem. I read a book that attributes Genesis to several writers including Adam and Noah's sons.

Abraham had probably the strongest faith because:
1) He was not raised that way he lived with a family who worshipped pagan god and idols.
2) He knew those gods were false and therefore knew that if there was a God He would not be like this.
3) And because he searched out God in an impossible situation God spoke to him.
4) And he was tested by God who told him to leave his family and God would meet him in anopther place that would be shown to him.
5) And because Abraham did all these things God made him promises that he kept and Abraham was called friend by God.
6) And because Abraham was friends with God, he was able to convince God not to destroy Sodom until innocent were removed.
7) God even sent angels in physical form to Abraham to speak with him.

I was blessed by this post. Thank you.

#45 jason

jason

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Christian
  • florida

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:33 PM

moses by tradition is the only writer.

pm me that source. i will read it.

#46 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:50 AM

Deffinitely something I need to work on, loving my enemies.

Jason, that was a general reply to the thread, not specifically to you. But if the Holy Spirit convicts you then I won't argue. I think we can all work on it.
  • JayShel likes this

#47 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:00 AM

Now I made it even worse, calling you by the wrong name. I am sorry. I was writing to Jason a lot so automatically typed it.

#48 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:57 PM

Now I made it even worse, calling you by the wrong name. I am sorry. I was writing to Jason a lot so automatically typed it.

I am Jason also, so no worries.

#49 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:17 PM

Ah, I thought maybe that was the case. So I wasn't confused after all. lol

#50 jason

jason

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Christian