Shadow

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Midlands, England

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:33 PM

Guys just to let you know, I am in the process on word of making a very long post which I will put on this forum next wednesday to why creationism is false by also why darwinism is, instead i will put across evidence for a panspermia and infinite cosmos with no beginning creation. That will be my last past on this forum and it will explain why i am no friend of christianity or darwin, then you can close this thread and my account or I will not just log in again, becuase im pretty much done here. Thanks for your time, and check back in a week I will put the post up. Cheers.

#22 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:52 PM

Guys just to let you know, I am in the process on word of making a very long post which I will put on this forum next wednesday to why creationism is false by also why darwinism is, instead i will put across evidence for a panspermia and infinite cosmos with no beginning creation. That will be my last past on this forum and it will explain why i am no friend of christianity or darwin, then you can close this thread and my account or I will not just log in again, becuase im pretty much done here. Thanks for your time, and check back in a week I will put the post up. Cheers.

I hate to continually sound mean, but to what point do you make a post then leave? It sounds like you want the last word yet you don't want to debate it. with due respect, that is the mark of a immature person. A person who believes something and is unwilling to have it challenged to make sure that what they believe is right.

That would be like me being the admin here, posting a thread as to why I believe YEC and then not allowing anyone here to challenge what I said (close the thread). This is a debate forum. Getting the last word and then leaving proves nothing to no one. But what it does show is that the person who does this cannot be corrected, tested, or anything else scientific.

All theories have to have a falsifiability or they are no longer theories. Posting then leaving says that what you believe is not falsifiable. So if what you believe is not falsifiable, it's not a theory, therefore is not even science. Panspermia is an idea or a hypothesis at best. To search for truth about it one has to be willing to lay it on the table of scientific debate to see where it will go. On this table it will either survive and have more added to it and also certain ideas removed for the ones that work better. Or it will basically not advance in this area which only means that there is not enough evidence to do so, which at a later date could change. Or a even better idea may come along, or the idea may get abandoned. Which is how science is supposed to work.

So is the idea of Panspermia science or something else?

So if you going to post and run, I'm not closing this thread. And your ideas will get taken apart in the debate that you start but refuse to participate in.

#23 Ophiolite

Ophiolite

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Agnostic
  • Peripatetic

Posted 25 November 2011 - 02:22 AM

But I do understand you being appalled. I knew some would not knowing the truth of the matter.

Thank you for your detailed explanation. I still feel it was an inappropriate tactic, since it involved deception. That I cannot condone, but I am relieved to learn that you were not actually urging him towards (from your viewpoint) eternal damnation.

#24 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 25 November 2011 - 02:55 PM

Thank you for your detailed explanation. I still feel it was an inappropriate tactic, since it involved deception. That I cannot condone, but I am relieved to learn that you were not actually urging him towards (from your viewpoint) eternal damnation.

The reason I use such a tactic is to show someone if they really believe what they are saying. Shadow said that he never wanted to be a Christian, right? So I tested this to see if he was serious. It's was more than obvious that he had to say this to get the upper hand and nothing else. but let's say he went to several forums and said this several times without anyone like me challenging him? It is a known fact that you say something enough times you soon start to believe what you say because you convince yourself of it. Me not doing what I did here would not have made him realize what he was doing and therefore he could have fallen down a deep dark hole of believing what he said about himself without giving it any real thought, and that would be a shame on a decision that could be real important.

As far as a deception goes, I'm not the one who thought this blasphemy webisite up. But it still has a power that you don't realize. And it requires the deception I told you it was in order to work. You see the people who have done this all they have to believe is that because they have done this they can never be saved. So even if they ponder things in the direction of Christ, what they did is still in their minds and they will be reminded that they cannot be forgiven, even though it's not true, just because they believe that it is. So as long as they do believe that it is, it has the same effect as if it were true. Because they will never attempt to get saved because they believe they can never be saved because of what they did.

And that is truly sad. Because they may want Christ at one time in their lives, but "they" believe they cannot find Him because of what they did.

To put this into more simpler terms for understanding. A unsaved sinner is already damned for Hell. What sin could he do while in this state to make his fate any worse than what it is? Hell is Hell, pure and simple. For what Christ did on the cross to be able to save "anyone" that wants salvation, then it cannot matter what sin you have committed while unsaved. Not even blasphemy. Because for Satan to get even one thing more powerful than God the Father, or the Son would mean Satan is god instead. Understand? There is no way that Satan can out do anyone in Heaven unless he is more powerful and therefore no one can be saved.

So God and His Son have to have more power over Satan in every area or they are not who they claim to be. So these people claiming that this one sin can block salvation for the unsaved, if true, would make Satan more powerful just because he can undo what Christ did on the cross. So Biblical logic concludes that it cannot be done therefore making what those people claim a lie and a deception.

So it's not from my viewpoint. The Bible often states that God is "all powerful". To give Satan this one thing makes that not so. All power = absolute power. Either God has it, or He does not. There is no in between in being absolute in something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users