jason

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • florida

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:06 AM

can we discuss this and look into what evidence was presented and what we will find?

#2 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:23 AM

can we discuss this and look into what evidence was presented and what we will find?

Fred is an expert on this so maybe we can get him to comment.

#3 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

Administrator / Forum Owner

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2467 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:48 PM

Fred is an expert on this so maybe we can get him to comment.

Well, I'm not really an expert. :) I would very highly recommend the excellent new, high quality movie that is only $10 at Walmart:

http://www.walmart.c...v_fb_revshr_001

Check it out! We need to support these Christian-produced movies, I also admit a bias because the producer is also a friend of mine, but it really does do an good job of portraying those events accurately. The only fictional account is the love story in the movie.

Fred

#4 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:59 PM

Here is a quote from Clarence Darrow:

"I suppose you have been reading the papers, so you know Bryan and his outfit are prosecuting that young fellow Scopes. Well, Malone, Colby and I have put ourselves in a mess by offering to defend. We don't know much about evolution. We don't know whom to call as witnesses. But we do know we are fighting your battle for academic freedom. We need the help of you fellows at the University, so I am asking three of you to come to my office to help lay plans."

http://www.google.co...MWkJTavWp43F1yQ

Quite comical when your defending a case you know nothing about or don't have a shred of evidence for.

Enjoy.

#5 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 03 December 2011 - 01:53 AM

I found a trailer for the movie:

What I find ironic is that the evidence they used in the trial has been proven wrong. So the verdict was based on a deception. Knowing this do you think the evolutionists would want to correct it? Of course not. They won and how it was done does not matter.

#6 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2467 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:21 AM

I found a trailer for the movie:

What I find ironic is that the evidence they used in the trial has been proven wrong. So the verdict was based on a deception. Knowing this do you think the evolutionists would want to correct it? Of course not. They won and how it was done does not matter.

Actually, the verdict and overall outcome was clearly in favor of creation, even though Bryan wasn't able to answer some of the questions we have solid answers for, such as where Cain got his wife. The vast majority of people are deceived into believing the outcome was otherwise. For example, the very deceptive Wiki article on the scopes trial fails to mention that Clarence Darrow was FIRED by the ACLU for his performance! Isn't this a good indication of who won the debate? It reminds me of when a local team of young earth creationists debated the Hugh Ross group in Denver a few years back. We sell the debate, the other side doesn't. :) Isn't this a good sign of who won the debate? Same goes with the scopes trial. Evolutionists have to lie, like they do today, to change reality.

Things don't change under the sun, just think today how creationists are ridiculed even though we win virtually all the debates, and it is our side that sticks to the facts and doesn't need to resort to gimmicks (see my Evo-Babble list for common evolutionist ploys, used by ALL their prominent debaters or proponents such as PZ Meyers, Richard Dawkins, AronRo, etc).

Fred

#7 jason

jason

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Christian
  • florida

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:36 PM

anthony flu an ardent athiest came to the lord by simply seeing the life is too complex to be done by natural selection.

#8 Spectre

Spectre

Philosopher

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Pensacola, FL

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:33 PM

Actually, the verdict and overall outcome was clearly in favor of creation, even though Bryan wasn't able to answer some of the questions we have solid answers for, such as where Cain got his wife. The vast majority of people are deceived into believing the outcome was otherwise. For example, the very deceptive Wiki article on the scopes trial fails to mention that Clarence Darrow was FIRED by the ACLU for his performance! Isn't this a good indication of who won the debate? It reminds me of when a local team of young earth creationists debated the Hugh Ross group in Denver a few years back. We sell the debate, the other side doesn't. :) Isn't this a good sign of who won the debate? Same goes with the scopes trial. Evolutionists have to lie, like they do today, to change reality.

Things don't change under the sun, just think today how creationists are ridiculed even though we win virtually all the debates, and it is our side that sticks to the facts and doesn't need to resort to gimmicks (see my Evo-Babble list for common evolutionist ploys, used by ALL their prominent debaters or proponents such as PZ Meyers, Richard Dawkins, AronRo, etc).

Fred

Where can I find the video of the hugh ross debate? I'm curious now.

#9 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2467 posts
  • Christian
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:50 AM

Where can I find the video of the hugh ross debate? I'm curious now.

Here ya go:

http://www.kgovstore...et/Detail?no=24

Highly recommend it!

Fred

#10 MarkForbes

MarkForbes

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1008 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Waverley

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:12 PM

Can it be considered to offer the videos on amazon as well? That would make it easier to offer them from there (for me and others).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users