Photo

Hello Everyone

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DawnS

DawnS

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:apologetics, history, astronomy; sewing, cross-stitching, and other crafts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Mayodan, North Carolina

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:24 AM

Hi everyone,
I joined recently and thought I would introduce myself. I have spent a lot of time studying the topics of creation and apologetics over the past year. I have been thinking about joining a forum like this for a while -the thing that really decided it for me was an experience I had recently. I got into a debate with an atheist on an anxiety support forum, of all places. He clearly had no interest in anything other than ridiculing my beliefs, so I put an end to the discussion. I was not surprised by the attitude, but I was disgusted by it nevertheless. I have since discovered that there are many atheists on that forum, and they are fond of calling Christians (especially Creationists) "idiots". I would have quit that forum, since I no longer feel like I need it, but I have been able to help a few people there who were searching for the truth, so I feel there is still something for me to do there. In any case, I am looking forward to some civil discussion on the topic of origins!

#2 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:22 AM

Hi everyone,
I joined recently and thought I would introduce myself. I have spent a lot of time studying the topics of creation and apologetics over the past year. I have been thinking about joining a forum like this for a while -the thing that really decided it for me was an experience I had recently. I got into a debate with an atheist on an anxiety support forum, of all places. He clearly had no interest in anything other than ridiculing my beliefs, so I put an end to the discussion. I was not surprised by the attitude, but I was disgusted by it nevertheless. I have since discovered that there are many atheists on that forum, and they are fond of calling Christians (especially Creationists) "idiots". I would have quit that forum, since I no longer feel like I need it, but I have been able to help a few people there who were searching for the truth, so I feel there is still something for me to do there. In any case, I am looking forward to some civil discussion on the topic of origins!

Welcome fellow female!
:drums:

#3 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:19 PM

Hi everyone,

Hello and welcome Dawn.

I think you'll find the conersation quite a bit more civil here. Although, there are some who come here with the same mind-set that drove you away from the other forum, they don't last long here, as the rules don't allow for that here.

#4 supamk3speed

supamk3speed

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Texas

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:42 PM

I've been on a number of forums where creationalists are treated with a total lack of respect. Usually im all by myself debating every other forum member, learned the hard way that it is pointless. Even if you prove their atheism relies on faith they more often then not won't even change their position to agnostic. Well anyways, welcome.

#5 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:35 AM

Hi everyone,

Hi, welcome to the forums. Here is a page I did on my blog on the problem you are having: http://yecheadquarters.org/?p=946

#6 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:36 AM

Welcome fellow female!
:drums:

Hey, I did not know you played the drums. I'll learn the guitar and we will start a band. :P But don;t ask me to sing we will have to pass out ear plugs at every concert :lol: .

Oh, want to hear something funny. Was at church the other day and the guy playing the keyboard and the guy playing drums switched. Well the guy playing the drums was trying to act like mister cool playing the drum sticks like he was really into it. Basically goofing off. Suddenly he lost one of the drum sticks and it went flying about 10 feet and almost hit someone in the front row. Needless to say he was to embarrassed to keep acting the fool while playing the drums :rolleyes:

#7 DawnS

DawnS

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:apologetics, history, astronomy; sewing, cross-stitching, and other crafts
  • Christian
  • Mayodan, North Carolina

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:39 AM

Hi, welcome to the forums. Here is a page I did on my blog on the problem you are having: http://yecheadquarters.org/?p=946

Thanks for the link! I will definitely read that when I get a chance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users