Photo

Nasa Finds A Planet Suitable For Life, Or Did They?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:02 AM

NASA finds a planet suitable for life. Problem is they cannot show us this planet. But they use an artist rendering of it with blue skies and even clouds.

Attached File  95b05e0a4b19721b000f6a7067001350.jpg   5.53KB   4 downloads

http://news.yahoo.co...-223007926.html

This is like I have said in other posts. Their ideas of:

1) Evolution.
2) Abiogenesis.
3) Life on other planets.
etc...

Are being sold and not proven. Like a used car salesman they are selling the idea while withholding any negative information about it. To make people believe in life on other planets they not only have to come up saying and claiming this. But they use pictures making it look inhabitable just like our planet. Being in the inhabitable zone of a star does not equal:

1) It having a livable atmosphere.
2) It having a UV ray filter, like our ozone layer because UV rays will kill all life if it is allowed to come into the atmosphere full strength from the star it orbits.
3) The right temperature is not the only factor along with water to support life. The barometric pressure of the planet is also important. The barometric pressures of the atmosphere controls the boiling point of water. Our barometric pressure in PSI is 14.7 at sea level. Mars is 1/4-1/8 of that. That makes water boil at around 50 degrees F. Knowing this even at 72 degrees water would boil if the same conditions existed on the newly found planet. And any warm blooded animals who's body temperature is above the boiling point (50 degrees) would die because their blood would boil because blood is mainly water.
4) The atmosphere also has to let in a certain amount of light that is in a certain spectrum that is essential for all plant life to be able to do photosynthesis. Not all light in the spectrum allows plants to do this.
5) To much Co2 would mean global warming. A planet in the inhabitable zone can have temps over 100 degrees F with global warning.
etc...

But making the claim, withholding information, showing a picture of a blue planet with clouds is selling the idea to laymen people who don't know other things also have to apply. Does our tax dollars go to NASA to get only half truths?

#2 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:18 AM

And another thing about the barometric pressure of the atmosphere being just right. If the barometric pressures and temperatures are not just right, rain clouds cannot form and it will never rain. A barometric pressure of just 10 psi higher than our planet along with the 70 degrees that they are claiming would ensure that rain would never happen. What would make the barometric pressure higher than out planet? Stronger gravity. And since they say it's a big planet, it would more than likely have a much higher gravity (about 30% stronger) making the barometric pressure a problem.

Our boiling point of water on this planet is just over 200 degrees F. If you go to a place that is much higher in altitude than sea level the barometric pressure drops and so does the boiling point of water. Also, water will boil at almost any temperature in a vacuum.

Add pressure the boiling point will rise even higher. A good everyday example of this is your car. The radiator cap on you car creates higher pressures on the water inside your cooling system as the engine warms up and the heat expands things. This, along with radiator fluid, raises the boiling point of the water inside your motor. Your motor operates (190F and above) right at the boiling of water if there were no pressure and no radiator fluid. Boiling water and steam do not cool. So raising the boiling point of the water allows your engine to operate and not over heat.

You might ask: Why not just make the engine run cooler? A engine runs it's best, reduces emissions, gets best power and mpg at the higher temps. But go higher than that and it won't. Going lower is just as bad. So a fair medium is reached.

#3 jason

jason

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Christian
  • florida

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:30 PM

thats called stoichometry and its for the nox emmissions.

most cars do that.my truck has a thermostat that by oem specs opens at 170.

#4 falcone

falcone

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Agnostic
  • Scotland

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:05 PM

To be fair to NASA, they can't be blamed for how the press publicises their discoveries. The Yahoo article you link to is, in my view, unnecessarily sensationalist.

The picture is obviously a guess, but I feel you do a dis-service to the layperson who in general I believe would understand that an artist's impression is just that; an artist's impression.

#5 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:50 PM

To be fair to NASA, they can't be blamed for how the press publicises their discoveries. The Yahoo article you link to is, in my view, unnecessarily sensationalist.

The picture is obviously a guess, but I feel you do a dis-service to the layperson who in general I believe would understand that an artist's impression is just that; an artist's impression.

To many though just take science at it's word regardless what source it comes from. I know that for a fact because I have debated people here and on other forums who do that and you have to explain in detail to them why it's wrong. The open minded ones will get the idea even though they may not agree, while the fall in line folks believe everything they hear. Some people rather be mindless clones.

#6 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:57 AM

NASA finds a planet suitable for life. Problem is they cannot show us this planet. But they use an artist rendering of it with blue skies and even clouds.

Attached File  95b05e0a4b19721b000f6a7067001350.jpg   5.53KB   4 downloads

http://news.yahoo.co...-223007926.html

This is like I have said in other posts. Their ideas of:

1) Evolution.
2) Abiogenesis.
3) Life on other planets.
etc...

Are being sold and not proven. Like a used car salesman they are selling the idea while withholding any negative information about it. To make people believe in life on other planets they not only have to come up saying and claiming this. But they use pictures making it look inhabitable just like our planet. Being in the inhabitable zone of a star does not equal:

1) It having a livable atmosphere.
2) It having a UV ray filter, like our ozone layer because UV rays will kill all life if it is allowed to come into the atmosphere full strength from the star it orbits.
3) The right temperature is not the only factor along with water to support life. The barometric pressure of the planet is also important. The barometric pressures of the atmosphere controls the boiling point of water. Our barometric pressure in PSI is 14.7 at sea level. Mars is 1/4-1/8 of that. That makes water boil at around 50 degrees F. Knowing this even at 72 degrees water would boil if the same conditions existed on the newly found planet. And any warm blooded animals who's body temperature is above the boiling point (50 degrees) would die because their blood would boil because blood is mainly water.
4) The atmosphere also has to let in a certain amount of light that is in a certain spectrum that is essential for all plant life to be able to do photosynthesis. Not all light in the spectrum allows plants to do this.
5) To much Co2 would mean global warming. A planet in the inhabitable zone can have temps over 100 degrees F with global warning.
etc...

But making the claim, withholding information, showing a picture of a blue planet with clouds is selling the idea to laymen people who don't know other things also have to apply. Does our tax dollars go to NASA to get only half truths?

I also would wonder how this is any different than all the other artist renderings, or artist conceptions used all over the macro-evolutionary circles to cover for lack of evidence, and holes/gaps. “Lucy” immediately comes to mind. All the liberties taken to make the partial skeletal remains (found over a large area I might add) look as human as possible (right down to the ‘human-like smile’ on the ‘human-like face’) so as to make the macro-evolutionary hypothesis as palatable as possible.

#7 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:38 PM

I also would wonder how this is any different than all the other artist renderings, or artist conceptions used all over the macro-evolutionary circles to cover for lack of evidence, and holes/gaps. “Lucy” immediately comes to mind. All the liberties taken to make the partial skeletal remains (found over a large area I might add) look as human as possible (right down to the ‘human-like smile’ on the ‘human-like face’) so as to make the macro-evolutionary hypothesis as palatable as possible.

It just proves that one has to have an imagination. Because if you can imagine it, you can prove it.

#8 supamk3speed

supamk3speed

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Texas

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:20 PM

I agree with Ikester. I believe they are selling a false narrative to gain a following. They keep revealing new found "evidence" in trying to sell this idea of its not if, but its when.

#9 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:11 PM

It just proves that one has to have an imagination. Because if you can imagine it, you can prove it.

Yeah, didn't John Lennon sing a song along those lines?

Imagine... Its easy if you try!

I suppose it'll get you far if that's all you have.

#10 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:08 PM

Yeah, didn't John Lennon sing a song along those lines?

Imagine... Its easy if you try!

I suppose it'll get you far if that's all you have.

LOL, maybe someone do a video and call it Dawkins theme song in believing in evolution.

#11 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:22 PM

Imagine there's no Dawkins
It's easy if you try
No atheisim around us
No reason anymore to lie
Imagine all the people living for the truth

Imagine there are no meme's
It isn't hard to do
Nothing more to lie for
Because there is no proof
Imagine all the people living for the truth

You, you may say
Richard's a dreamer, but he's not the only one
He hopes some day you'll join him
Wouldn't it be so much fun

#12 jason

jason

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Christian
  • florida

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

lol. we should do a thread on his and all evos explanation on rape and how its a mans nature in trying to spread his genes by force.

sick,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users