Photo

The Post-creation World

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 ninhursag

ninhursag

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Reasons. Why do people live/think/believe like they do?
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Estonia

Posted 02 August 2005 - 10:20 AM

I think that for a forum called "Creation vs. Evolution" this one here has too much "vs. Evolution" and not nearly enough "Creation". This mistake must be corrected: let's talk about the Creation theory for a while.

A good (useful, workable) theory describes and explains both past and future events in accordance with the available evidence. A good theory can be used to tell a story. The theory of evolution used in combination with the fossil record and other evidence can be used to tell the (hi)story generally found in books (incidentally the same story can be told with other theories, but this topic is about creation and creation only, so let’s forget about it, sorry for drifting off).

Now, it’s somewhat difficult to find any material about the extended story of the created world, but I think the bare bones of the Creationist existential story, the outline might be something like this.

The cast: God, all species ever existed (incl. humans), (angels?)

The beginning: God created…………everything………(at the same time/nearly at the same time)
Some time near the beginning: ……(all species existed together)…..
Some time in the middle of the story: ……(a flood? Other great catastrophes?)…..
After/during the previous event: ……(most species ceased existing; a world like we know it emerges)……
The end:………… and here we are today!

As you can see, there are a lot of gaps in the text and only the general gist can be extracted. But for such an intriguing idea – there once was a time when dino and man, nay, all life walked side-by-side! – a mere outline is certainly not enough.

So, what do you think it was like in the beginning, during the period where everything still existed? Who ate whom? Did the modern beasts have similar habits as they do nowadays? How did the dinosaurs winter? Were there winters?

Very interesting! :)

#2 chance

chance

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2029 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 02 August 2005 - 01:52 PM

I think that for a forum called "Creation vs. Evolution" this one here has too much "vs. Evolution" and not nearly enough "Creation". This mistake must be corrected: let's talk about the Creation theory for a while.

A good (useful, workable) theory describes and explains both past and future events in accordance with the available evidence. A good theory can be used to tell a story. The theory of evolution used in combination with the fossil record and other evidence can be used to tell the (hi)story generally found in books (incidentally the same story can be told with other theories, but this topic is about creation and creation only, so let’s forget about it, sorry for drifting off).

Now, it’s somewhat difficult to find any material about the extended story of the created world, but I think the bare bones of the Creationist existential story, the outline might be something like this.

The cast: God, all species ever existed (incl. humans), (angels?)

The beginning: God created…………everything………(at the same time/nearly at the same time)
Some time near the beginning: ……(all species existed together)…..
Some time in the middle of the story: ……(a flood? Other great catastrophes?)…..
After/during the previous event: ……(most species ceased existing; a world like we know it emerges)……
The end:………… and here we are today!

As you can see, there are a lot of gaps in the text and only the general gist can be extracted. But for such an intriguing idea – there once was a time when dino and man, nay, all life walked side-by-side! – a mere outline is certainly not enough.

So, what do you think it was like in the beginning, during the period where everything still existed? Who ate whom? Did the modern beasts have similar habits as they do nowadays? How did the dinosaurs winter? Were there winters?

Very interesting! :D

View Post

I have read that some creationist, propose an ‘Eden’ like world with no carnivores (what I would call a carnivore today e.g. Lion, Tiger was actually a herbivore), and pleasant climate (due a water canopy).

What I am not sure of is to the degree of acceptance of this outlook amongst the creationist fraternity, and if there are opposing ideas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users