Photo

I Am Talking To My Parents (My Mom For The First Time) Tomorrow!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:00 PM

Please pray that God protects my children and I, God's spirit guides me, that His will is done in all that occurs, and that their eyes are opened, the oppression removed from their minds and lives and they can come to know Him.

#2 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:00 AM

I just did, I hope it helps.

#3 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:15 PM

Whew! Glad that is over with. I shared everything that God laid on my heart. Jesus is not Michael the Archangel, He is the I AM and you better be sure that you know who He is, it means your life! The "governing body of anointed ones" are taking his place as mediator and I will never accept anyone but Jesus as mediator ever again. I love you and I am here for you, no matter what.

#4 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:37 PM

My mom had this to say in an email later the same day:

When you were talking today it was as if you were a different person. You were like a robot with no emotion, without feelings. It was scary seeing you like that. I was in shock. I have never seen you like that. Your Dad said he has never seen you like that. It was as if someone had taken you over. It was horrible. I still cannot hardly believe it.

#5 Spectre

Spectre

Philosopher

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Pensacola, FL

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:02 PM

I wager that your parents were only seeing what they wanted to see.

#6 MarkForbes

MarkForbes

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1031 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Waverley

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:33 PM

Not sure, if I understand your post correctly, didn't you know your mom/parents before?

#7 Spectre

Spectre

Philosopher

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Pensacola, FL

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:55 PM

Not sure, if I understand your post correctly, didn't you know your mom/parents before?

She was a Jehovah's Witness but left that particular belief. That was the first time she told her parents.

#8 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:24 PM

My mom had this to say in an email later the same day:

Spirit of deception is strong in the JW belief. You have to bind that spirit in prayer before you speak to them or visit them. Remember the tests I spoke of? What was your feeling when they told you this? You doubted, right? Even if for a second. Now look back at what happened and what was said was for who's benefit?

Now the questions are:

1) Do you still have doubts?
2) Did that comment really shake your faith foundation?
3) Did you recover and do the right thing?
4) Does it still bother you?

The test you endure here in this circumstance will be some of the toughest you will have to go through, But this test is how God molds you with His bare hands. He has sent you a problem in a form of a test to see your reaction. If you allow the comment to insert doubt into your faith then you also show Satan a back door into challenging that faith constantly.

To close that door, you have to rebuke all the feelings that come from that comment that you feel in Jesus name. You do it every time, and as many times as it takes. Once Satan realizes he's going to get a spiritual scolding every time he messes with you, he will retreat. I have been trying to warn you that spiritual warfare is on it's way, now here it is,

Do you know why it's here? By admitting what you did (leave JW belief) to your parents you have now challenged Satan head on. He will pull every trick in the book to make them not see the truth, and to make you doubt and be afraid to confront your parents because doubt brings fear. This is why I told you that you have to bind the spirit of deception, lies, spiritual blindness etc... If you don't you will only get much worse response every time you try,

Spiritual demons don't just leave because you are saved, you have to speak authority over them. Even Christ did this, In every instance, even though the demons knew who Jesus was, they did not leave whomever they were with until Jesus told them to. But what if Jesus said nothing? Nothing would happen. That is why you have to learn to use the power of your words in Christ name. Otherwise those spirits that are keeping you from reaching your family are just going to laugh at you. Demons fear the power the Christ has invested in you, but why fear a power that not even being used?

#9 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:20 PM

Spirit of deception is strong in the JW belief. You have to bind that spirit in prayer before you speak to them or visit them. This I have done. Remember the tests I spoke of? What was your feeling when they told you this? You doubted, right? Um actually, I don't think so. Doubted what? I was thankful that the Holy Spirit allowed me to say what I needed to say instead of turning into a blubbering or screaming mess. That wouldn't have worked well. If someone had completely taken me over... that is exactly what I asked for. My first reaction to my mom saying that was hallelujah. lol Even if for a second. Now look back at what happened and what was said was for who's benefit?

Now the questions are:

1) Do you still have doubts?
2) Did that comment really shake your faith foundation?
3) Did you recover and do the right thing?
4) Does it still bother you?

The test you endure here in this circumstance will be some of the toughest you will have to go through, But this test is how God molds you with His bare hands. He has sent you a problem in a form of a test to see your reaction. If you allow the comment to insert doubt into your faith then you also show Satan a back door into challenging that faith constantly.

To close that door, you have to rebuke all the feelings that come from that comment that you feel in Jesus name. You do it every time, and as many times as it takes. Once Satan realizes he's going to get a spiritual scolding every time he messes with you, he will retreat. I have been trying to warn you that spiritual warfare is on it's way, now here it is,

Do you know why it's here? By admitting what you did (leave JW belief) to your parents you have now challenged Satan head on. He will pull every trick in the book to make them not see the truth, and to make you doubt and be afraid to confront your parents because doubt brings fear. This is why I told you that you have to bind the spirit of deception, lies, spiritual blindness etc... If you don't you will only get much worse response every time you try,

Spiritual demons don't just leave because you are saved, you have to speak authority over them. Even Christ did this, In every instance, even though the demons knew who Jesus was, they did not leave whomever they were with until Jesus told them to. But what if Jesus said nothing? Nothing would happen. That is why you have to learn to use the power of your words in Christ name. Otherwise those spirits that are keeping you from reaching your family are just going to laugh at you. Demons fear the power the Christ has invested in you, but why fear a power that not even being used?

#10 Geode

Geode

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Mormon
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • Bangkok, Thailand

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:06 AM

Whew! Glad that is over with. I shared everything that God laid on my heart. Jesus is not Michael the Archangel, He is the I AM and you better be sure that you know who He is, it means your life! The "governing body of anointed ones" are taking his place as mediator and I will never accept anyone but Jesus as mediator ever again. I love you and I am here for you, no matter what.

But I think Jesus also wishes us to mend the fences in families that can be mended. My prayers are with you as you attempt to do this and hope that you can guide your family along the same path you are following to become closer to Christ.

#11 MarkForbes

MarkForbes

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1031 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Waverley

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:12 AM

She was a Jehovah's Witness but left that particular belief. That was the first time she told her parents.

Thanks, now I get the point.

#12 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:52 PM

This I have done. Um actually, I don't think so. Doubted what? I was thankful that the Holy Spirit allowed me to say what I needed to say instead of turning into a blubbering or screaming mess. That wouldn't have worked well. If someone had completely taken me over... that is exactly what I asked for. My first reaction to my mom saying that was hallelujah. lol

Well I am thankful that you have found that you can rely on the Holy Spirit and have chosen to do so. So many do not or cannot hold on because they are so opinionated to the point they cannot be led.

#13 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:07 PM

But I think Jesus also wishes us to mend the fences in families that can be mended.

Yes. I agree.

#14 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:08 PM

Well I am thankful that you have found that you can rely on the Holy Spirit and have chosen to do so. So many do not or cannot hold on because they are so opinionated to the point they cannot be led.

Well, that would be dumb. God has the power to change people's lives, not me.

#15 Air-run

Air-run

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Creation, Evolution, The Bible, Theology, Art, Video Games
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Seattle, Washington

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:02 PM

Spirit of deception is strong in the JW belief. You have to bind that spirit in prayer before you speak to them or visit them. Remember the tests I spoke of? What was your feeling when they told you this? You doubted, right? Even if for a second. Now look back at what happened and what was said was for who's benefit?

I don't doubt spiritual warfare - but I've come to the conclusion that the idea of "binding" demons is unscriptural. The concept is based on two passages: Jesus telling the parable about "binding" the strawman, and the passage about whatever we bind on earth is bound in heaven.

The strongman in the parable was literally bound with rope so that his house could be taken over. Satan is the strongman and he was "bound" with the coming of the Kingdom of God and the crucifixion. That doesn't mean he can't move anymore - but that he doesn't have any power over the Kingdom of God. The parable isn't instructing Christians to bind the strongman - it was a story about literally tying someone up, representing the ministry of Jesus.

The other verse talks about how our physical actions have spiritual consequences. Binding and Loosing was terminology used by the Pharisees - I'd have to do some more research on it.

I understand the heart behind wanting to bind a demon, but what do you suppose that does? Tie up the demon for all eternity so they can't do any evil? Temporarily bind up a demon? Why do they get free? If saying "I bind you demon" had any sort of lasting affect, why aren't all the demons bound by now. Why don't we just say "I bind you Satan" and keep him wrapped up in spiritual rope for all eternity.

That's just my little off topic rant.

#16 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:40 PM

I have a hard time taking his yoke upon me. It's more like "Hi Dad, see you when I get home from work" and just live a life of faith without power, which is a vein struggle against my nature.

18For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. (Romans 7:18)

Enjoy.

#17 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:11 AM

I don't doubt spiritual warfare - but I've come to the conclusion that the idea of "binding" demons is unscriptural. The concept is based on two passages: Jesus telling the parable about "binding" the strawman, and the passage about whatever we bind on earth is bound in heaven.

The strongman in the parable was literally bound with rope so that his house could be taken over. Satan is the strongman and he was "bound" with the coming of the Kingdom of God and the crucifixion. That doesn't mean he can't move anymore - but that he doesn't have any power over the Kingdom of God. The parable isn't instructing Christians to bind the strongman - it was a story about literally tying someone up, representing the ministry of Jesus.

The other verse talks about how our physical actions have spiritual consequences. Binding and Loosing was terminology used by the Pharisees - I'd have to do some more research on it.

I understand the heart behind wanting to bind a demon, but what do you suppose that does? Tie up the demon for all eternity so they can't do any evil? Temporarily bind up a demon? Why do they get free? If saying "I bind you demon" had any sort of lasting affect, why aren't all the demons bound by now. Why don't we just say "I bind you Satan" and keep him wrapped up in spiritual rope for all eternity.

That's just my little off topic rant.

It's our job, in the present, to put on the full armor of Christ so the demons don't bind us. Then, during the millineum, he and his angels will be bound and there will be peace on earth. Although, the apostles have been given power to drive out devils Link, they aren't bound afterwards; They simply find a new home.

Luke 11:24 "When an evil spirit comes out of a man, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, 'I will return to the house I left.'

Enjoy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users