Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:46 AM

You are missing the point here "twice" KBC:

First - I never asked you to start the topic for "MY SAKE", I suggested that "IF YOU WANTED TO CONTINUE THIS CONVERSATION" you'd be better served to do so in a different venue (the Miscellaneous Forum), as the one you were doing it in was "OFF TOPIC". You need to discontinue with the out-of-context assertions. As you'll notice I said "IF YOU WANT TO DISCUSS THESE MATTERS FURTHER", this was a LARGE HINT without having to come right out an formally warn you, as I was hoping that you were being open and honest in your discourse. But, as this thread continued, and after I continually attempted to bring you back to the logical facts, you continually strayed from that which you agreed to initially. And this alone shows what Ikester submitted was true.

Second - Ikester's assertions are proving true, as you are still running from the truths in my original premises. And, as Ikester pointed out, we have seen these tactics played out over-and-over. And you are displaying all these classical atheistic tactics.

Conclusion: You need to re-assess the conversation in its entirety and see where you err. Hopefully you will be able to either see your errors and self-assess you way out of denial; OR come up with an actual LOGICAL rebuttal.
BUT, this dishonest discourse will not continue.

#42 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:39 PM

Just so everyone knows, KBC id was banned for doing what I told him he would get banned for if he did this (change his world view back), So he cannot claim we did it unfairly. He knew what the results would be so he tested us and we canned him. And this just added to about 10 other things he did that pointed to him using a fake worldview to gain an advantage in debating. In case you are wondering, He was an atheist claiming to be agnostic,

#43 jason

jason

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Christian
  • florida

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:57 PM

they simply cant be honest.

#44 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:44 AM

I'm not sure if he wasn't being honest, or that he was so totally sold out on his position that he actually couldn't see the errors in his argumentation. Either way, when reality smacks you directly in the face you can either squint your eyes as tightly as you can and remain in denial, or step back, take a deep breath and reassess your situation OR accept the truth of said reality.

#45 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:49 AM

Anyway, when he opened this thread, I was actually looking forward to a fruitful conversation. But when he degraded the conversation to the actual denial of logical thought (which ran anathema to his original claims) I thought "here we go again".

#46 jason

jason

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Christian
  • florida

Posted 24 December 2011 - 09:02 AM

and the evos say that to us.

#47 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,676 posts
  • Interests:Completed BBiotech (Honours)

Currently studying Masters of Teaching.

Enjoys games of tactics and strategy.
  • (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:49 AM

I believe Prof Craig tackles against the recycling hypothesis in his debate with Prof Millican. He uses a new theorem (can't remember the name) that ensures that the universe did have a beginning. (I think it is based on the universe expansion and is independent of other factors so isn't affected by changes in things.

He also showed how the one and only thing that could refute this theorem, (and how Millican was quoting out of context when attempting to refute the theorem)

- (a condensing universe before expansion, I think), is believed to be scientifically impossible as the condensing would cause detrimental effects to ensure that the expansion wouldn't occur.

Furthermore the idea of infinity is also discussed whereby it is a number, but has no practical application in reality, due to its contradictory nature.

Infinity + Infinity = Infinity
Infinity - Infintiy = Infinity
Infinity - All numbers except 1,2,3, (which is infinity) = 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users