ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:51 AM

Well I took the time to respond to all your posts. So with due respect is this a cop out?
Also exactly what is not related? You were putting up a barage of posts we were just trying to keep up.

#62 MarkForbes

MarkForbes

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Waverley

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:40 AM

I really, really am interested in this and many of you have raised valid points worthy of discussion. However, I cannot reply to all of you, especially when many of you have made mulitple posts and we seem to have several topics going on at once.

I would suggest that we pick a single topic related to the flood and focus on that.

That's actually what you should do. Pick one of the related topics (mountains, animal diet, etc,). and then continue discussing it.

#63 Legion22

Legion22

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • England

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:18 AM

Well I took the time to respond to all your posts. So with due respect is this a cop out?
Also exactly what is not related? You were putting up a barage of posts we were just trying to keep up.

After my intial post, every response have been to other people. I am trying to keep up with at least four other people, which is made more difficult my people multiposting. I have in no way put up a "barrage of posts" they are simply responses.

I said, quite clearly that I will happily continue if we take a single topic and stick with it.

#64 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:12 PM

[/font][/color]

After my intial post, every response have been to other people. I am trying to keep up with at least four other people, which is made more difficult my people multiposting. I have in no way put up a "barrage of posts" they are simply responses.

I said, quite clearly that I will happily continue if we take a single topic and stick with it.

So you never not even once swayed off topic?

#65 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

Yes there is. One would need to investigate how the Himalaya came into being. And that would have start with an investigation, if rapid forming is a viable model.
I hold that there are many geological indicators demonstrating a fast formation, while the material was still soft. Not sure, if that would explode the thread, but I could post examples.

If it's a question about the flood, then it seems on topic in relation to the OP.

Tectonic activity was thousands of times greater in the past than present rates and had declined exponentially - not by model, but by empirical evidence.

Posted Image

Posted Image
The evidence is very clear that Mt. Everest begun it's ascent thousands of times faster than it's current rate of only centimeters per year.

Enjoy.

#66 AFJ

AFJ

AFJ

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts
  • Interests:Bible, molecular biology, chemistry, mineralogy, geology, eschatology, history, family
  • Christian
  • Baton Rouge, LA

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:33 PM

If it's a question about the flood, then it seems on topic in relation to the OP.

Tectonic activity was thousands of times greater in the past than present rates and had declined exponentially - not by model, but by empirical evidence.

Posted Image

Posted Image
The evidence is very clear that Mt. Everest begun it's ascent thousands of times faster than it's current rate of only centimeters per year.

Enjoy.

Jason,

I had never seen that before. Where did you get that? So are all these layers or flarge formations superposed or how is it arranged?

#67 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:05 PM

Jason,

I had never seen that before. Where did you get that? So are all these layers or flarge formations superposed or how is it arranged?

http://www.evolution...indpost&p=73417

Steve Austins' video is at the bottom of the page. The eruptions are lined up in chronological order starting with the Huckleberry Ridge Tuff and ending with Mt. St. Helens.

Enjoy..

#68 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:54 PM

I saw this video today and thought it would give a better perspective about the flood stories and evidence from other cultures of the flood and the Biblical account.

http://www.creationt...orldwide-flood/

Enjoy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users