Newcomer

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Southern US

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:44 AM

Hello folks. Just joined your merry forum here. Was born and raised a Lutheran, have been Humanists the last 5 years or so.

#2 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 18 December 2011 - 12:39 PM

Welcome,
Your name throws up a red flag that you are probably a troll, but I guess time will tell. How is it that you came to be a humanist?

#3 Jeebus

Jeebus

Newcomer

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Southern US

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:01 PM

Welcome,
Your name throws up a red flag that you are probably a troll, but I guess time will tell. How is it that you came to be a humanist?

How is it you became a christian? Don't want me here ban me don't matter to me there are plenty of other forums out there. As far as being Humanists Ben Franklin said it best:

I looked around for God's graces and saw none

I could not put it any better than that. Other than to say gods are a dime a dozen and existed in all ancient civilizations and one is no better than the other as all are created in the mind of man and are not supernatural, finite or any other description you want to apply to them.

#4 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:35 PM

Well I can see by your antagonistic demeanor in other threads and this one that your stay here will be short. You are not here to understand our arguments and actually logically debate them, you are here to troll, and win arguments at all costs. Don't worry, you are not the first, nor will you be the last. I have no power to ban here for the record.

If you look around for God's graces and see none, it is because you expected to see none, and just set out to prove your own presuppositions so that you do not have to fall under God's authority. You would rather be the ruler over your own life. The good news for you is that, when you die, you will not have to spend eternity with God in Heaven, but completely separated from Him and His grace in hell. It will be by your own choosing too! ...but ignorance is 9/10ths of the law...right?

Enjoy your stay.

#5 Jeebus

Jeebus

Newcomer

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Southern US

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:58 PM

Just showing this stuff for what is "MYTH" and you cannot a bit more prove a God than I can. There is nothing really logical to understand or debate when your discussing myths. Some elements may have a small amount of truth but not much. And as far as winning arguments go, well I have already won because I dumped the mythology and saw the irrational thinking behind the Bible! As far as TROLLS go do you have some kind of deviant things for trolls?

#6 jason

jason

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • florida

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:18 PM

not worth my time. they already know, sadly i hoped i was wrong when i told them.

#7 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:56 PM

Hello folks. Just joined your merry forum here. Was born and raised a Lutheran, have been Humanists the last 5 years or so.

That's okay, I was born and raised a hedonistic atheist, and have been a Christian since 1984.

#8 Jeebus

Jeebus

Newcomer

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Southern US

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:04 PM

That's okay, I was born and raised a hedonistic atheist, and have been a Christian since 1984.

Cool. Nice to meet you there Ron.

#9 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:09 PM

Just showing this stuff for what is "MYTH" and you cannot a bit more prove a God than I can.

Actually, proving God (the Christian God) is far easier than providing a logical, rational or scientific origins foundation form the materialistic atheists’ world-view. In fact, the atheist has provided far more faith based world-view than ANY theist.

There is nothing really logical to understand or debate when your discussing myths.

Its cute of you to attempt a spectacle fest with such Trolling comments; but I challenge you to provide any atheistic factual logical, rational and empirical evidence for our origins. And when you fail to do so, we can have an in-depth conversation on atheistic myths as well.

Or, we can have a genuine, honest and civil conversation, as the forum rules call for, and as you agreed to prior to being allowed in this forum. But, as it is, you probably won’t last very long here.

#10 Jeebus

Jeebus

Newcomer

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Southern US

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:19 PM

Gilamesh Epic proves your myth has does the others located here:

http://www.nwcreatio...oahlegends.html

So the Bible purports nothing new only rehashed versions of older myths. But, anyway, your destined to ban me because I disagree with your holy book and your opinions so go ahead......have a nice day.

#11 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:25 PM

Gilamesh Epic proves your myth has does the others located here:

http://www.nwcreatio...oahlegends.html

So the Bible purports nothing new only rehashed versions of older myths. But, anyway, your destined to ban me because I disagree with your holy book and your opinions so go ahead......have a nice day.

No, you destined to ban yourself, because you simply cannot follow forum rules and internet etiquette. Trolls usually don't last long here, and you have proven that you are an internet Troll. The upside is that we can use your posts as "bad" examples "not" to go by.

By the way, had you not been such a Troll, we could have had a constructive and meaningful conversation about why the Gilamesh Epic is not applicable to the flood account of Noah.

#12 MarkForbes

MarkForbes

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1023 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Waverley

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:37 AM

Well I can see by your antagonistic demeanor in other threads and this one that your stay here will be short. You are not here to understand our arguments and actually logically debate them, you are here to troll, and win arguments at all costs. Don't worry, you are not the first, nor will you be the last. I have no power to ban here for the record.

Trolls don't try to win debates. They basically are active on forums for two reasons:
a.) Make statements / start threads to provoke emotional reactions.
b.) Derail existing debates, which can be done by changing the subject, repeating the old arguments after a while, personal attacks, exploiting on (unrelated)differences between the oponents in a debate etc.
They employ all kinds of rhetorical devices, but hardly logic. For them it's enough that debates don't come to reasonable results. And that one can achieve by insults, quibbling, going off topic. To avoid quick bans they may employ more polite methods, but that still boils down to sophistry. I think it was Schopenhauer who described many of the methods in his "art of controversy" or "art of being right":
http://en.wikipedia...._of_Being_Right
Needless to say that they resort to that kind of tactics, because they can't win the debate with decent manners by the merits of facts and logic.

#13 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:32 PM

What Jeebus did here was play a game I call: How quick can I get banned. They join and even wager with other trolls at their troll forums just how many posts will it take. We use:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users