Photo

Youtube Changes To Keep Hateful Problem Causing Groups From Forming.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:52 PM

Several hateful atheist groups have formed on YouTube causing all kinds of problems. To many to list here. But here are some examples from threads that already exist here:

http://www.evolution...?showtopic=1991
http://www.evolution...?showtopic=1822

So to try and stop these groups they have done away with the friendship list and subscribers list part of YouTube. So if you wonder why this was done, you now know who's to blame for it.

#2 MarkForbes

MarkForbes

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Waverley

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:00 PM

So to try and stop these groups they have done away with the friendship list and subscribers list part of YouTube. So if you wonder why this was done, you now know who's to blame for it.

Even if the proposed changes are fully implemented on youtube, there still would be subscribers. The "friends" have just been renamed as being "contacts" and are made private on the new layout. There is a general rejection of the new layout for a couple of reasons. Personally I don't think they should try fixing something that works well.

#3 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:13 PM

Even if the proposed changes are fully implemented on youtube, there still would be subscribers. The "friends" have just been renamed as being "contacts" and are made private on the new layout. There is a general rejection of the new layout for a couple of reasons. Personally I don't think they should try fixing something that works well.

There is no list of subscribers on mine only who I have subscribed to. And there is nothing to click on for friends private or public. I even went back to the old template and it's not there either.

And I agree about fixing something that's not broken but they needed to do something about what was going on. It was causing headaches because certain groups want to have control over others and completely run them off YouTube. I know because they tried to run me off along with threats including a death threat.

And all because of what?

Because I disagree with evolution.

And that's the main reason evolution dominates is because anyone whom dares to disagree will get bullied. I wonder what part of the scientific method does that fall into?

#4 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:45 PM

[...]I know because they tried to run me off along with threats including a death threat.

And all because of what?

Because I disagree with evolution.

And that's the main reason evolution dominates is because anyone whom dares to disagree will get bullied. I wonder what part of the scientific method does that fall into?

Lets see,

THE SCIENTIFIC METHOD!:
  • Seek out a Creationist/unbeliEVOr argument.
  • Come up with a variety of hypotheses that counter the argument.
  • Pick one that sounds the most plausible.
  • Communicate your results to the internet!
  • When Creationist/unbeliEVOr disrupts your conclusion by exposing logic flaws, destroy them! WIPE THEM FROM TEH INTERNETS!:
  • Make sure you use the terms like "unscientific", "fallacious", and "devoid of free thought".
  • Reaffirm that your conclusion was right all along until a better explanation is thought of.
So as you can see it is steps 5 and 6 of the pseudo..i mean scientific method that calls for bullying.

There is no list of subscribers on mine only who I have subscribed to. And there is nothing to click on for friends private or public. I even went back to the old template and it's not there either.

How does this affect things? It sounds like it takes control away from someone who is running a channel so that they can no longer ban someone from their channel for trolling or making threats. Hard to tell since I don't currently have a channel on youtube.

#5 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:10 PM

Lets see,

THE SCIENTIFIC METHOD!:

• Seek out a Creationist/unbeliEVOr argument.
  • Come up with a variety of hypotheses that counter the argument.
  • Pick one that sounds the most plausible.
  • Communicate your results to the internet!
  • When Creationist/unbeliEVOr disrupts your conclusion by exposing logic flaws, destroy them! WIPE THEM FROM TEH INTERNETS!:
  • Make sure you use the terms like "unscientific", "fallacious", and "devoid of free thought".
  • Reaffirm that your conclusion was right all along until a better explanation is thought of.
So as you can see it is steps 5 and 6 of the pseudo..i mean scientific method that calls for bullying.

But bullying only proves that to convince someone of it you have to use strongarm tactics.

How does this affect things? It sounds like it takes control away from someone who is running a channel so that they can no longer ban someone from their channel for trolling or making threats. Hard to tell since I don't currently have a channel on youtube.

You can still ban people from posting anywhere you have a video on YouTube or on your channel.

Well I'm glad they did this if this is what it takes to stop must of the hateful stuff that goes on. Maybe I should go visit Thunderf00t's channel, I'm sure he's mad about it LOL. He's the biggest hateful trouble maker on YouTube.

#6 MarkForbes

MarkForbes

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Waverley

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:34 AM

Check under "modules" ikester. You may have disabled some of them. On my profiles I still can see "subscriptions" or "subscribers" unless I switched that off. Friends aren't visible anymore on any of the profiles.

They should keep the old layout IMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users