jason

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • florida

Posted 25 December 2011 - 05:41 PM

we have heard here that science proves nothing .

ok while strongly disagree with that. we cant always assume our models or what not is perfect.

what i am asking is there wiggle room in that while we may have tested something, something unknown to us causes something produce results. later info corrects us

thoughts?

#2 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 25 December 2011 - 10:52 PM

Scientific knowlege is always subject to correction later on. The problem is, materialistic scientific data is not the only way of knowing, understanding, or experiencing our world. It can only explain the materialistic causes and effects. To rely solely on science to answer questions about our world is folly, because it means putting on blinders and discarding non-scientific wisdom.

It is just as I posted about demons affecting the physical world. We can only directly observe the physical world at this time, so atheists cannot claim that science has ruled out demons or God because science does not extend beyond the materialistic realm, where God and demons are said to exist. By the same logic, we expect new technology to unlock new ways to observe and understand our world that we never would have thought possible before, and therefore, we must always be open to correction about our current scientific understanding. Our faith is placed squarely on the Bible and nature as revelation from God. The only flaws come from our biases; our interpretations or misinterpretations, but not one word will return to God void. They will all accomplish what He sent them to do.

#3 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:53 AM

we have heard here that science proves nothing .

You may have heard that from a member here, but that is not what this ministry promotes. What is said here is that those who believe that evolution is a true proven fact with mountains of empirical evidence and and that real science supports that have to much faith in a delusion.

ok while strongly disagree with that. we cant always assume our models or what not is perfect.

And who here has claimed this? Knowledge of God is not obtainable so the models can never be perfect.

what i am asking is there wiggle room in that while we may have tested something, something unknown to us causes something produce results. later info corrects us

thoughts?

When it comes to judgement before the throne of God, will there be wiggle room for the unsaved sinner? God gives wiggle room only for what we did not know. This is because to condemn someone for something they knew not of is not fair judgment. But when you know that you are compromising to make something work or to accept something just because everyone else does, then there is no excuse.

James 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

The Christian life is not supposed to be a life of compromise when we know what is right to believe. For why waste a life where we claim to believe but yet only go halfway? But the problem of compromise goes much deeper than most Christians realize. You see once we believe and speak compromise then we become a teacher of compromise. And when we teach one person to do this and he teaches others to do the same. Our damage to the body of Christ and the faith of the Christians in it would not even be comprehendable by us. But God knows, and He will show us the error of our ways and all the people it effected.

And when such works of compromise are tested with fire they will burn up because compromise is not a work of God's kingdom for the goal of salvation.

#4 jason

jason

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Christian
  • florida

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:11 AM

i agree. since my debate elsewhere with a te(thus that thread)i have read numerous accounts of where many believers that did see genesis as myth simply fell from the faith.

its sad today that we believers want to win the lost and try to do so with compromise. it wont work at all. often we become like them and not the otherway around.

in compromising with the devil. its you change and he dont!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users