Photo

Did Kathy Griffin Diss Jesus? And Did Her Own Words Come Back To Haunt Her?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:02 AM

Some may not be aware of this but when Kathy Griffin got an emmy, she could not wait to really say something bad about Jesus. So I have to warn you before you look at the video below it's offensive to Christians.

And later she went and got liposuction. Well it almost killed her.

https://www.google.c...lient=firefox-a

I find it kind of ironic that suction happened to be the subject of both events. So did her own words come back to haunt her?

#2 jason

jason

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Christian
  • florida

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:23 AM

maybe., she is rather crude. a wake up call to say the least.

sad

#3 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:22 AM

maybe., she is rather crude. a wake up call to say the least.

sad

The type of wakeup call a militant atheist like her needs would probably have to be something really bad. But I find it ironic that even though people like her say God does not exist, they still fight back as if He does. I mean if I truly believed something did not exist I surely would not waste my time fighting it, got better things to do. But the most out spoken people on this have an obsession and cannot quit. It only goes to show that what they say reality is, and how they react to what they claim, does not add up.

When they cannot prove that God does not exist, hate is all they have left.

#4 TheBibleSender

TheBibleSender

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Christian
  • Minnesota

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:28 AM

The type of wakeup call a militant atheist like her needs would probably have to be something really bad. But I find it ironic that even though people like her say God does not exist, they still fight back as if He does. I mean if I truly believed something did not exist I surely would not waste my time fighting it, got better things to do. But the most out spoken people on this have an obsession and cannot quit. It only goes to show that what they say reality is, and how they react to what they claim, does not add up.

When they cannot prove that God does not exist, hate is all they have left.

True I have always said that. I don't believe in santa. You don't see me going around the country debating his existence. He is not real therefor not worth my time. Atheists know there is a God but hate him. They therefore try to convince themselves and others he does not exist. Hey atheists. If there is no God get on with your life find something better to do with the little time you have in this life before your body becomes worm food

#5 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:21 PM

It goes further than that. They convince themselves that the idea of Christianity is DANGEROUS and needs to be fought!
Throughout history, fear has motivated violence, murder, and genocide. The Christians in the salem witch trials, crusades, and even the inquisitions, were all afraid, and let fear dominate their thinking, rather than God's will. Fear multiplies.

Being Christian, I know that I have nothing to fear. If a militant atheist comes into my home and shoots my wife, it will be really painful, but I will see her in heaven. Jesus told us to love our enemies! You probably know how hard it is to love someone who wants to get in your face and scream at you, or hurt you or your loved ones. Jesus told us not to be afraid, to love them. This does not mean we should not protect ourselves, but pray for their salvation and forgiveness. I was once an enemy of God just like they are.

Lets not forget who their general is. It is Satan. They don't even know they are working for him. He is already condemned to hell, and he doesn't want to be lonely down there. Fear is one of his greatest tools. We must pray, "Forgive them Father, they no not what they do" like Jesus did and pray for their salvation.

#6 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:29 PM

I find it kind of ironic that suction happened to be the subject of both events. So did her own words come back to haunt her?

I don't think Jesus punnished her for mouthing off to Him, no. She will have her judgement day, and that is when her life will be reviewed by God. Also, she is a comedian/entertainer and an aging one at that, so it makes sense that she would try to draw attention to herself to keep her career going. I see so many people on TV and what their doing just screams out at me "GIVE ME ATTENTION!". Usually thats when I send prayers their way.

#7 Nash

Nash

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Harare

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:56 AM

Whats sad is how many people actually consider that 'humour' and laugh at it.

#8 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:21 AM

I don't think Jesus punnished her for mouthing off to Him, no. She will have her judgement day, and that is when her life will be reviewed by God. Also, she is a comedian/entertainer and an aging one at that, so it makes sense that she would try to draw attention to herself to keep her career going. I see so many people on TV and what their doing just screams out at me "GIVE ME ATTENTION!". Usually thats when I send prayers their way.

Words have power. Just as the Pharoah spoke the fate of his own people when he cursed Moses and God's people, so did Kathy. And if I'm not mistaken it's happened more than once in the Bible where people say things and what they say backfires back on them. Speaking your fate is where you allow the door to open for Satan to do his will. Regardless if you are saved or not, these is always a certain amount of protection over us. Because if there was not Satan would kill all the unsaved sinners so that he could have them. And he would kill us before we got saved.

So when Kathy said what she said she spoke against her own protection that allowed Satan to do what he did.

#9 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:27 AM

Interesting perspective. I thought you meant God punnishing her, not Satan. An enemy is impossible to fight if you don't know that they exist.

#10 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:30 PM

Most recently she took her dress off on CNN's New Years show. If that isn't a pathetic cry for attention, I don't know what is.

#11 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:50 PM

Most recently she took her dress off on CNN's New Years show. If that isn't a pathetic cry for attention, I don't know what is.

I'm beginning to think she has a mental problem.

#12 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:05 PM

I'm beginning to think she has a mental problem.

That reminds me. When people try to get acquitted of murder charges by pleading insanity...I get angry...everyone who kills another person is insane! You cannot be in a proper mindset and take the life of another human being. Do we really need "criminally insane" people to walk back out onto our streets after a brief stint in therapy?

But I digress. Yes some form of chemical imbalance would explain alot in her case.

#13 jason

jason

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Christian
  • florida

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:38 AM

uh, soldiers kill in the time of war. does that make us insane?

#14 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:49 PM

You are right, perhaps my statement was too all-inclusive and unclear of my true meaning. Self defense, protecting your family, and defending your country, resulting in death, that is not insane. Killing people, especially family, from rage, revenge, or chemical imbalance, is insane.

#15 jason

jason

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Christian
  • florida

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:02 PM

though it can cause well some issues with vets. but that clears it up.

hollywood and stars are rather in general mentally imbalenced.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users