ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:06 AM

We are getting a lot of threads that are very good and we usually try to pin them in each section of the forum. Problem is the pinned threads list is starting to get big and in some sections it takes up almost half the area on the first page of the threads list. So the idea here is to move these threads and give them an area of their own and free up space in the other areas.

Since this is something new and we are not quite sure on some things I thought we would ask our members a few questions on an area like this to see what you guys thought, One more thing, new threads won;t be allowed in this section I will be turning off that oprion to members. This is because this section is only for the threads we move in here.

1) Should the threads here be postable or not? If not what that means is the general subject or a post within the thread can be copied and pasted to a different area and another thread can branch off any of the threads in here. Links can be used to refer to a thread in here.

2) Postable means debates can be held in these threads, So the thread gets bigger and longer which has disadvantages. Such as trying to read the whole thing etc...

So what do you guys think? Would you like an area like this where the most popular threads are moved in here and out of the other areas. And whether to make this area postable in the threads that are here?

#2 Salsa

Salsa

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1231 posts
  • Christian
  • Uppsala, Sweden

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:21 AM

Sounds like a good idea! My spontaneous preference leans towards suggestion 1. There are a lot of good discussions here that tend to get burried under heaps of posts and it also makes searching a little tedious.

A question: will all the threads just appear in an unordered list, or do you think they can be organized in some way?

#3 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:05 PM

Sounds like a good idea! My spontaneous preference leans towards suggestion 1. There are a lot of good discussions here that tend to get burried under heaps of posts and it also makes searching a little tedious.

A question: will all the threads just appear in an unordered list, or do you think they can be organized in some way?

The 2 options we have in organization is by date (newest to oldest or oldest to newest). Alphabetical order.: A-Z or Z-A. Default of forum is by date (newest to oldest). But any section can be made different which won;t effect any other section.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users