Anyone Heard Of Landoverbaptist?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Quaker Reason

Quaker Reason

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Religion, Science, History, Military, Computers, Roman History, Astronomy, Books, The Truth
  • Christian
  • Old Earth Creationist
  • Indiana

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:28 PM

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/

I seriously, can't tell if they're trolling or not. I know they lie a lot because there's no place called "Freehold Iowa" and there isn't any place in Iowa that has 1,000 acres filled with theme parks, 20 pastors, 100,000 members, etc.

And if you look at their forums for 5 minutes, they seem to be hypocritical.

#2 supamk3speed

supamk3speed

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Texas

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:05 PM

I did a wiki on it and looked at the site, it's a fictional satire of christianity. Basically, the people who are members waste vast amounts of time to tease christian ideology. Members pretend to be christians and tackle various themes while giving a perverted twist to it. It's quite offensive.

#3 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:40 PM

They are a paraody site run by atheists,

#4 MarkForbes

MarkForbes

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1023 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Waverley

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:53 PM

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/

I seriously, can't tell if they're trolling or not. I know they lie a lot because there's no place called "Freehold Iowa" and there isn't any place in Iowa that has 1,000 acres filled with theme parks, 20 pastors, 100,000 members, etc.

It should actually take you two minutes to come the same conclusions the other two posters did.

#5 Quaker Reason

Quaker Reason

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Religion, Science, History, Military, Computers, Roman History, Astronomy, Books, The Truth
  • Christian
  • Old Earth Creationist
  • Indiana

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:07 PM

It took me a while actually, I SERIOUSLY thought they were just really radical for a while. Then I read the article on Wikipedia and realized they're just trolling.

And to think all those times I replied to them, some guy was laughing at me behind a computer.

#6 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:30 AM

Well it proves a few things that I have thought and said about science and evolution. That these people do not mind deceiving others for their cause like this, how are we supposed to trust them on other things when they purposely show how much to the extreme they will go to lie? There are no written moral codes because they know that they could never be held to such a standard. At least we Christians have a written standard that we can be held accountable for, but who makes the atheists accountable for anything? So why would they even make a effort to tell the truth when their standard does not require them to?

This is why in their philosophy that truth is relative and reality is in the eye of the beholder. If you think about that for a minute you soon realize that even fantasy becomes real in that philosophy. For what rule would stop it? Now figure how evolution fits into that.

#7 MarkForbes

MarkForbes

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1023 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Waverley

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:24 AM

Silly Satire, yes. But accusing them of "deception"? It's rather about poking fun there. With other words resorting to ridicule to avoid something more serious. Deception is starting a Church and then sell something under that cloak. They just gave it the name of a church and then started making ridiculous statements mimicking to some extent what some Christians say.

#8 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:09 PM

Silly Satire, yes. But accusing them of "deception"? It's rather about poking fun there. With other words resorting to ridicule to avoid something more serious. Deception is starting a Church and then sell something under that cloak. They just gave it the name of a church and then started making ridiculous statements mimicking to some extent what some Christians say.

So you are fefending them and their motives?

#9 MarkForbes

MarkForbes

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1023 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Waverley

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:59 PM

So you are fefending them and their motives?

I am just putting it into perspective. And there they are walking within legal limits. They may have bad motives, but knowing what the background is, I really don't see the deception. In fact them taking the liberty, they are possibly exposing more about themselves then they do damage to Christians.

#10 jason

jason

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Christian
  • florida

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:07 PM

i remember that. when i googled a creationist site. that came up and i read that junk and said must be poe sight.

one minute to figure that out. in the science section it says.

chicken milk disproves evolution and also my daughter disproves evolution at age 11.

sad that some athiests do that but as ike says. they dont care.on my forum we get these athiest that seem to want to learn then later often start trolling. we ban them later on. or sometimes within the first week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users