• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:50 AM

I found this article while browsing. It's ironic because evolutionists admit that freshwater rivers can flow above heavier salt water, but completely scoffed at when it is employed as evidence in the flood model.

So did the ancestors of American Indians, of course, but a catfish seems to have beat them by about 50 million years. "Discovery of African roots for the Mesoamerican Chiapas catfish, Lacantunia enigmatica, requires an ancient intercontinental passage" by John Lundberg, John Sullivan, Rocio Rodiles-Hernandez, and Dean Hendrickson, was published in Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia.

This aptly-named catfish species, recently discovered in Mexico, appears to be most related to catfish in Africa. A family tree based on DNA and calibrated using fossils suggests that the last common ancestor of the Mexican and African species lived 75 to 94 million years ago. This was after continental drift separated Africa from South America.

How did the fish get to Mexico? It swam, presumably. The problem is that catfish are freshwater fish. The authors suggest that partial melting of polar ice during the Eocene may have made the Arctic Ocean warm enough and fresh enough for the ancestors of the Mexican catfish to survive a long ocean swim.

http://blog.lib.umn....us_to_amer.html

Enjoy.

#2 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:45 PM

To be fair, the evolutionist who I was talking to about this said it couldn't be done...before he did research on the subject...so shame on him. Not all evolutionists are this arrogant and foolish...

It does seems like there are a lot of intellectually lazy "free thinkers" , aka evo-babblers that flock here, thinking they know everything, and that creationism has nothing to do with science. It's quite embarassing for them when they realize that science, even new discoveries, support creationism. Seeking wisdom before you open your mouth, can really save you some embarassment.

#3 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:41 PM

Well with evolutionists it's whatever works and can conform to their current accepted truth which can change at anytime.

#4 Calum

Calum

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Old Earth Creationist
  • Detroit, Michigan

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

I found this article while browsing. It's ironic because evolutionists admit that freshwater rivers can flow above heavier salt water, but completely scoffed at when it is employed as evidence in the flood model.

http://blog.lib.umn....us_to_amer.html

Enjoy.

Jason,
I'm not an expert on all the factors in a global flood, but I would think that the 190 mph currents estimated by Baumgardner and Barnette would be sufficient to churn up all the freshwater and saltwater into a very brackish mix. All those high mountains would probably cause even more mixing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users